|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteenth Notebook, Venezuela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the three other escapees not want to continue on the journey with Papillon?
(a) They cannot bear such a long crossing.
(b) They are all too sick to go.
(c) They want to sail in a different direction.
(d) They are imprisoned in Curacao.
2. Papillon decides to count off this time in solitary in increments of _________________.
(b) Six months.
3. Papillon ingests picric acid to prompt what medical condition?
4. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is shot by a guard.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is eaten by a shark.
(d) He is crushed on the rocks.
5. What is the condition on which Papillon is to be set free?
(a) That he will take care of an old man.
(b) That he will leave and never return.
(c) That he will cooperate with authorities.
(d) That he will turn over the diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the prisoners at the Royale bagne have?
2. How old is Papillon when he is transferred to the new island?
3. What happens to the men who killed Carobnieri?
4. One of the men in Papillon's group grew up at the bagne and is ___________________.
5. What job does Galgani have at the bagne at this time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)