|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteenth Notebook, Venezuela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
(a) Le Guittou.
(d) Le Petit.
2. How do the sharks know to come near the prison to eat the corpses?
(a) They come when they smell blood.
(b) They are always there.
(c) They come every day at the same time.
(d) They come after the bell is rung.
3. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
(a) Jean Chen.
(b) Jacques Chevalier.
(c) Joanes Clousiot.
(d) Johannes Broussard.
4. Why are some of the prisoners whipped severely or burned with steam on board the ship to the bagne?
(a) A guard has been attacked.
(b) A man's plan is stolen.
(c) A man had been stabbed at night.
(d) The prisoners refuse to eat.
5. Why does Papillon refuse to come closer to the torpedo ship?
(a) He doesn't know if it is an enemy ship.
(b) He does not want to be sent back to the bagne.
(c) He thinks it would fire on him.
(d) His smaller boat will be broken to pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papillon and his cohorts end up on the coast of which country?
2. To what do Papillon and his cohorts tie up when arriving at the country in #167?
3. How does Papillon know that this escape attempt is a success?
4. Who is acquitted of his role in Papillon's escape attempt?
5. How much money does Galgani have?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)