|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tenth Notebook, Diable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diable mean?
(a) Devil's Island.
2. Papillon points out that there are male prisoners living _______________________.
(a) Like animals.
(b) As husband and wife.
(c) In squalor.
(d) Without speaking to anyone.
3. What happens to Salvida during the escape attempt?
(a) He is crushed on the rocks.
(b) He is shot by a guard.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is eaten by a shark.
4. What sentence are men never given in Colombia?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Five to ten years.
(d) Twenty years to life.
5. Who is the island girl who claims Papillon as her own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in #19 say is his personal goal?
2. Papillon is warned that he cannot escape from the island in #146 because of __________________.
3. Papillon uses money and ______________ to pay for the aid and supplies for his next escape.
4. Who calls the police because he has been told that Papillon has stolen money?
5. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)