|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Notebook, Return to Civilization.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Papillon think it would be wrong to punish him for trying to escape?
(a) Because it is what every man would do in his position.
(b) Because he never killed any guards.
(c) Because he is insane.
(d) Because he is an innocent man.
2. How many days are Papillon and Maturette given to leave Trinidad?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 30 days.
3. What does the Bowen family tell the escapees about Trinidad?
(a) Hurricanes are a common occurrence.
(b) Prisoners cannot settle there.
(c) It is under Indian rule.
(d) Fish and fruit are plentiful for everyone.
4. How does Papillon utilize a younger prisoner with a feminine appearance?
(a) To seduce a guard.
(b) To crawl through a small space.
(c) To hide his plan.
(d) To distract the other prisoners.
5. What does Papillon admit to the authorities?
(a) He will kill anyone who tries to stop him from leaving.
(b) He will give them all his pearls if they don't arrest him.
(c) He has escaped from Rio Hacha.
(d) He will kill himself before being taken back to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a plan?
2. What medical condition does the prisoner named Ignace Galgani tell Papillon that he has?
3. Who calls the police because he has been told that Papillon has stolen money?
4. How many years of solitary confinement do Papillon, Maturette and Clousiot receive when they return to the bagne?
5. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)