|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Notebook, Return to Civilization.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country has no procedure for returning escapees because no one has ever made it that far?
2. What is the name of the family which welcomes the escapees on the island in #49?
3. One of the men in Papillon's group grew up at the bagne and is ___________________.
(a) a cook's son.
(b) a minister's son.
(c) a judge's son.
(d) a prison guard's son.
4. Who is the man Papillon is accused of murdering?
(a) Francois Gaspard.
(b) Jacque Robillard.
(c) Yves Mimieux.
(d) Roland de Petit.
5. Why does Papillon try to learn all he can about the bagne?
(a) So he can tell his wife about it.
(b) So that he can write a book.
(c) So he can make drawings of it.
(d) So he will be better prepared to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. After escaping the Indian territory, Papillon finds himself in the company of ______________.
2. What does the man in #19 say is his personal goal?
3. Where is the bagne located?
4. What does Papillon admit to the authorities?
5. The bagne is located on which river?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)