|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Notebook, The First Cavale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man in #42 break his leg?
(a) Jumping over the prison wall.
(b) A guard shoots him in the leg.
(c) He falls into a ditch.
(d) A wagon falls on it.
2. In what year does the story begin?
3. Which prisoner does Galgani fear?
4. Why do some of the other prisoners decline Papillon's offer to escape?
(a) They are too weak.
(b) It is too risky.
(c) They don't have the money.
(d) They want to wait for a better escape plan.
5. How does Papillon utilize a younger prisoner with a feminine appearance?
(a) To hide his plan.
(b) To seduce a guard.
(c) To crawl through a small space.
(d) To distract the other prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ile aux Pigeons?
2. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
3. What does the man in #19 say is his personal goal?
4. The bagne is located on which river?
5. Which island do the escapees reach after days at sea?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)