|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Notebook, En Route to the Bagne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
(a) He will escape.
(b) He will cause a riot.
(c) He will die there.
(d) He will be set free.
2. Why does Papillon try to learn all he can about the bagne?
(a) So that he can write a book.
(b) So he can tell his wife about it.
(c) So he will be better prepared to escape.
(d) So he can make drawings of it.
3. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
4. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
(c) La Petit.
5. Papillon learns that the convoy to which prison will leave in two days?
(d) Saint Martin in Chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
2. Papillon is placed in a jail in Caen while awaiting transfer to the prison in which country?
3. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
4. What medical condition does the prisoner named Ignace Galgani tell Papillon that he has?
5. What does Galgani ask Papillon to do for him?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)