|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Notebook, En Route to the Bagne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a plan?
(a) A configuration of cells.
(b) An escape strategy.
(c) A tube of money stored in the anus.
(d) Menus for a week.
2. Why does Papillon reject the idea of an appeal?
(a) He will try to escape regardless of the sentence.
(b) He knows he is guilty.
(c) He knows people in the city are already turned against him.
(d) He does not have the money for a good lawyer.
3. How many men are in each cell at the Conciergerie?
4. What courtesy do the jailers extend to Papillon?
(a) He does not have to wear handcuffs.
(b) He does not have to wear striped prison clothes.
(c) He can have all the cigarettes he wants.
(d) He is allowed visits from prostitutes.
5. In what year does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
2. Why does Papillon try to learn all he can about the bagne?
3. From whom does Papillon receive a note in "En Route to the Bagne"?
4. What does Papillon know when he reaches prison?
5. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)