|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Notebook, En Route to the Bagne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does the trip to the bagne take?
2. What are the men in the Caen jail not allowed to do all day?
(a) Close their eyes.
(c) Go to the bathroom.
(d) Lie down.
3. What does Papillon show the man in #29 to indicate that Papillon is protecting Galgani?
(a) A needle.
(b) A glass shard.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A lancet.
4. What is a bagne?
(a) A prison.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A sword.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. For what crime is Papillon on trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the inmate with whom Papillon becomes a friend?
2. What is Papillon's sentence?
3. Which prisoner takes great interest in Papillon's escape plan?
4. Prisoners named Julot and ________________ have escaped the bagne and are now among Papillon's group.
5. The man in #6 is later arrested for what crime?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)