|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Mr. Spiro be traveling on his trip?
2. What animals can Little Man and Mam see from the bench where they wait for their photograph at the zoo?
3. What was Little Man trying to do last summer when he became stuck in a storm drain?
4. When was Martin Heidegger born?
5. How much money is enclosed in Mrs. Worthington's envelope for payment in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict does Little Man face at Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
2. What does Little Man find when he goes for collection at Mrs. Worthington's home in Chapter 14?
3. How does Mam demonstrate courage in Chapter 16?
4. Why do you think Mam allows Little Man to accompany her at the end of Chapter 16?
5. What is significant about the abandoned ladder against the house in Chapter 13?
6. What discovery does Little Man make about TV Boy in Chapter 14?
7. Why does Little Man have to lie in order to get the photographer to take a picture of him and Mam at the zoo? What does Little Man tell the photo booth operator?
8. Why does Little Man go home before taking his collections to Rat's mom in Chapter 16? What does he find when he gets there?
9. What conflict occurs when Little Man goes to pick up his newspapers for the day in Chapter 13? How is the conflict resolved?
10. How does Mrs. Worthington behave when Little Man comes to collect money for the paper in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Little Man's introduction to his homeroom class in Chapter 20. What does Little Man do in order to overcome his fear of speaking? What does Little Man say about himself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events that occur in the climax of the narrative. Where does the climax of the story take place? What dangers does Little Man face in the climax? How are these conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Mam in the novel. How would you describe Little Man's relationship with Mam? What characteristics does Mam exhibit? What are Mam's central objectives in the story?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)