|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Man say Mam looks like in the photo from the zoo?
2. Where does Little Man tell the photo booth operator at the zoo that Mam is about to return to in Chapter 12?
3. Where have Little Man's parents gone for a business meeting and vacation in Chapter 9?
4. Where on the bus do Mam and Little Man sit when they leave to search for Ara T in Chapter 16?
5. At what time does Little Man return home after his collections before returning to Mr. Spiro's house in the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mam allows Little Man to accompany her at the end of Chapter 16?
2. How does Little Man describe Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
3. What discovery does Little Man make when he goes for his final collection at Mr. Spiro's home in Chapter 14? How does Little Man respond to the discovery?
4. What concerns preoccupy Little Man in Chapter 11? Are these concerns well-founded?
5. What conflict takes place between Mam and a boy at the zoo in Chapter 12? How is the conflict resolved?
6. What does Little Man say that upsets Mam in Chapter 12? How does Mam respond?
7. What does Little Man find when he goes for collection at Mrs. Worthington's home in Chapter 14?
8. Why does Little Man go home before taking his collections to Rat's mom in Chapter 16? What does he find when he gets there?
9. How does Mam respond to the situation in Little Man's bedroom in Chapter 16?
10. Where have Little Man's parents gone in Chapter 11? Who cares for Little Man while they are away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Mr. Spiro in the novel. How does Little Man meet Mr. Spiro? What are Little Man's first impressions of this character? How does Little Man's friendship with Mr. Spiro change him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrative style of Paperboy. From whose perspective is the story related? Why do you think the author chose to employ this narrative style? How would the story differ if it were related from a different perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Ara T. What role does Ara T play in the narrative (protagonist, antagonist, etc.)? Where is Ara T from? What is his relationship to Little Man?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)