|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what address does Little Man encounter a boy who stares at a silent television in Chapter 3?
2. What is Rat's real name?
3. What state is Mam from originally?
4. What color does Little Man say Greaser Charles's Ford is in Chapter 6?
5. What word is written on the second piece of the dollar bill that Mr. Spiro gives to Little Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss when Little Man comes by on Friday for collection in Chapter 5?
2. What plans does Little Man make with his father in Chapter 8? What becomes of the plans?
3. How are Little Man's athletic and academic achievements described in Chapter 1?
4. How does Little Man say he is relating the story of the stabbing in Chapter 1? Why is he relating the story in this manner?
5. How does Mrs. Worthington appear to Little Man when he sees her on Monday in Chapter 7?
6. What is a stutter? How is Little Man's stutter depicted in the narrative of Paperboy?
7. What does Little Man confess to Mam in Chapter 6? How does Mam respond?
8. Why does Little Man refuse Mam's offer for help with his collections for the newspaper route?
9. Who is Big Sack? What is this character's relationship to Little Man?
10. What role does Mam serve in Little Man's life? How would you describe the relationship between Mam and Little Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead up to the theft from the narrator's bedroom? What is stolen? How does Little Man respond when he discovers the theft?
Essay Topic 2
How does Little Man lose his yellow-handled knife? Why is it so important for Little Man to get his knife back? Whose help does Little Man elicit in retrieving his knife?
Essay Topic 3
How does Little Man evolve as a character in the course of the story? What is significant about Little Man telling his mother that he does not like pralines? How does this statement imply growth in Little Man?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)