|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punctuation marks does Little Man say he hates in Chapter 1?
2. How does Little Man sign his letter of apology to Mrs. Worthington in Chapter 2?
3. Who is listed as Little Man's father on his birth certificate?
4. On what day of the week is Little Man to pick up payments on his newspaper route?
5. What three words has Little Man practiced in order to start a conversation with Mrs. Worthington on his route in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Little Man encounter when he goes to Mrs. Worthington's home for newspaper payment collection in Chapter 6?
2. Who is Big Sack? What is this character's relationship to Little Man?
3. How is Little Man's experience at the restaurant described in Chapter 7?
4. What plans does Little Man make with his father in Chapter 8? What becomes of the plans?
5. Why have Little Man's parents decided to take Little Man to a restaurant to eat in Chapter 7? How does he feel about this proposition?
6. What are Little Man's first impressions of Mrs. Worthington? How does he meet Mrs. Worthington?
7. What is Rat's real name? What is Rat's relationship to Little Man?
8. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss during Little Man's visit in Chapter 8?
9. What does Little Man confess to Mam in Chapter 6? How does Mam respond?
10. Why does Little Man refuse Mam's offer for help with his collections for the newspaper route?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Little Man's relationship with his father in the novel. What information does Little Man learn that makes him question his father? How is this internal conflict resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Little Man's relationship with his mother. How close are Little Man and his mother? What concerns does Little Man's mother express regarding his speech impediment?
Essay Topic 3
How does Little Man lose his yellow-handled knife? Why is it so important for Little Man to get his knife back? Whose help does Little Man elicit in retrieving his knife?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)