|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Little Man describe the best breeze in the house late in the day in Chapter 16?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) On the back stairs.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
2. What does Mam chastise an older kid for doing at the zoo in Chapter 12?
(a) Giving a cigarette to a monkey.
(b) Littering on the sidewalk.
(c) Hitting a young boy.
(d) Feeding trash to a giraffe.
3. At what intersection is Little Man's newspaper pickup station located?
(a) Bealle and Jackson.
(b) Bourbon and Broadway.
(c) Bellevue and Peabody.
(d) Callaveras and Quincey.
4. What color is Mam's handbag that she takes with her to look for Ara T in Chapter 16?
5. What animals does Mam describe killing the livestock at home when she was a kid in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the second reason he gives?
2. What does Mrs. Worthington do shortly after inviting Little Man into her house in Chapter 9?
3. What does Little Man say Mam looks like in the photo from the zoo?
4. At what time does Little Man return home after his collections before returning to Mr. Spiro's house in the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What position does Little Man say Babe Ruth started out in, according to his book, in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where have Little Man's parents gone in Chapter 11? Who cares for Little Man while they are away?
2. What does Little Man find when he goes for collection at Mrs. Worthington's home in Chapter 14?
3. How does Mrs. Worthington behave when Little Man comes to collect money for the paper in Chapter 9?
4. What is significant about the abandoned ladder against the house in Chapter 13?
5. What does Little Man say that upsets Mam in Chapter 12? How does Mam respond?
6. What does Little Man ask Mam as they ride the bus home from church in Chapter 11? Why is this question significant?
7. How is the setting of the zoo described in Chapter 12? What are Little Man's impressions of this setting?
8. How does Willie respond when confronted by Little Man in Chapter 14? What are Little Man's impressions of Willie's response?
9. Why does Little Man disobey Mam in Chapter 16? What does he do to disobey her?
10. What conflict does Little Man face at Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)