|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Little Man return home after his collections before returning to Mr. Spiro's house in the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. What treat do Little Man and Mam have as they wait for their picture to be developed in Chapter 12?
(a) Slices of pizza.
(b) Cotton candy.
(d) Ice cream cones.
3. Where has Mam gone when Little Man sets out for collecting in Chapter 14?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) To New Orleans.
(c) To his father's office.
(d) To church.
4. How many different meanings does Little Man say the word "bias" has in the dictionary?
5. Who got Little Man out of the storm drain last summer when he became trapped?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "copacetic" mean?
2. What items fill the walls of Mr. Spiro's home?
3. What has been stolen from Little Man's room in Chapter 16?
4. What position does Little Man say Babe Ruth started out in, according to his book, in Chapter 10?
5. How does Little Man feel when he learns that Mr. Spiro is leaving for a trip in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Little Man have to lie in order to get the photographer to take a picture of him and Mam at the zoo? What does Little Man tell the photo booth operator?
2. How does Mam respond to the situation in Little Man's bedroom in Chapter 16?
3. What discovery does Little Man make about TV Boy in Chapter 14?
4. What can be discerned by the fact that no one comments on Mam's appearance at church in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Little Man go home before taking his collections to Rat's mom in Chapter 16? What does he find when he gets there?
6. How does Willie respond when confronted by Little Man in Chapter 14? What are Little Man's impressions of Willie's response?
7. What concerns preoccupy Little Man in Chapter 11? Are these concerns well-founded?
8. What conflict occurs when Little Man goes to pick up his newspapers for the day in Chapter 13? How is the conflict resolved?
9. How does Little Man describe Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
10. What conflict does Little Man face at Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)