|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Mam's handbag that she takes with her to look for Ara T in Chapter 16?
2. How many different meanings does Little Man say the word "bias" has in the dictionary?
3. What job does Mam always give to Little Man when making breakfast?
(a) Making the bacon.
(b) Making the eggs.
(c) Making the toast.
(d) Making the coffee.
4. Where does Little Man realize he left his newspaper bags in Chapter 10?
(a) At his father's office.
(b) By Ara T's shed.
(c) At school.
(d) At the newspaper office.
5. What has been stolen from Little Man's room in Chapter 16?
(a) His house keys and his father's photograph.
(b) His wallet, money, and watch.
(c) His trophies, money, and car keys.
(d) His mother's ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the coach call off ball practice in Chapter 13?
2. What does the word "copacetic" mean?
3. How does Little Man go about retrieving his ball from the roof in Chapter 13?
4. What does Little Man say that offends Mam and makes her upset while they are waiting for their photograph at the zoo?
5. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the first reason he gives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Little Man have to lie in order to get the photographer to take a picture of him and Mam at the zoo? What does Little Man tell the photo booth operator?
2. How does Mam demonstrate courage in Chapter 16?
3. How is the setting of the zoo described in Chapter 12? What are Little Man's impressions of this setting?
4. What conflict does Little Man face at Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
5. What concerns preoccupy Little Man in Chapter 11? Are these concerns well-founded?
6. What does Little Man find when he goes for collection at Mrs. Worthington's home in Chapter 14?
7. How does Willie respond when confronted by Little Man in Chapter 14? What are Little Man's impressions of Willie's response?
8. Why do you think Mam allows Little Man to accompany her at the end of Chapter 16?
9. What conflict occurs when Little Man goes to pick up his newspapers for the day in Chapter 13? How is the conflict resolved?
10. Why does Little Man go home before taking his collections to Rat's mom in Chapter 16? What does he find when he gets there?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)