|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Spiro going for a trip in Chapter 15?
2. On what day of the week is Mam allowed free entrance to the zoo as long as she wears her uniform and enters the gate with Little Man?
(a) On Fridays.
(b) On Saturdays.
(c) On Thursdays.
(d) On Wednesdays.
3. How does Little Man feel when he learns that Mr. Spiro is leaving for a trip in Chapter 15?
4. What has Mr. Spiro propped his front door open with when Little Man comes by for his collection in Chapter 15?
(a) An iron doorstop.
(b) A crate of books.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A crate of apples.
5. What prophet does Mam describe she waits with Little Man for their photograph at the zoo?
(b) Joseph Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is "TV Boy" when Little Man stops at his house for collection in Chapter 14?
2. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the second reason he gives?
3. What does Little Man do with the picture of him and Mam at the zoo in Chapter 12?
4. What does Mam chastise an older kid for doing at the zoo in Chapter 12?
5. What street does Mam ask the bus driver if the bus will cross when she gets on to look for Ara T in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be discerned by the fact that no one comments on Mam's appearance at church in Chapter 11?
2. What is noteworthy about Mam's appearance when she returns to work in Chapter 9?
3. What is significant about the abandoned ladder against the house in Chapter 13?
4. What conflict does Little Man face at Ara T's hideout in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Little Man go home before taking his collections to Rat's mom in Chapter 16? What does he find when he gets there?
6. How does Mam demonstrate courage in Chapter 16?
7. What does Little Man find when he goes for collection at Mrs. Worthington's home in Chapter 14?
8. What discovery does Little Man make when he goes for his final collection at Mr. Spiro's home in Chapter 14? How does Little Man respond to the discovery?
9. Why does Little Man have to lie in order to get the photographer to take a picture of him and Mam at the zoo? What does Little Man tell the photo booth operator?
10. How does Mrs. Worthington behave when Little Man comes to collect money for the paper in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)