|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rat trying to ride his bike down concrete steps when he incurred his scar, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
(a) At Union Square.
(b) At Crump Stadium.
(c) At the post office.
(d) At Central Park.
2. How old was Little Man when Mam came to live with his family?
3. How does Little Man say he busted Rat's lip on the last day of sixth grade?
(a) He slammed a car door in his face.
(b) He punched him.
(c) He tripped him on the sidewalk.
(d) He hit him with a baseball.
4. How does the author denote Little Man's speech struggles in the dialogue sections of the novel?
5. Whose name is burned onto Little Man's Louisville Slugger baseball bat?
(a) Lou Gehrig's.
(b) Babe Ruth's.
(c) Ted Williams's.
(d) Mickey Mantle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three words has Little Man practiced in order to start a conversation with Mrs. Worthington on his route in Chapter 7?
2. Who answers the door when Little Man stops by Mrs. Worthington's house to collect two weeks' worth of newspaper payments in Chapter 6?
3. At what address does Little Man encounter a boy who stares at a silent television in Chapter 3?
4. What is Mam's real name?
5. What is Rat's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss during Little Man's visit in Chapter 8?
2. How are Little Man's athletic and academic achievements described in Chapter 1?
3. What does Little Man confess to Mam in Chapter 6? How does Mam respond?
4. What information does Little Man reveal about himself, his friends, and his family in Chapter 1?
5. What are Little Man's first impressions of Mr. Spiro? How is Mr. Spiro described?
6. How does Mrs. Worthington appear to Little Man when he sees her on Monday in Chapter 7?
7. What does Little Man overhear his parents talking about after coming home from the restaurant in Chapter 7? What does he make of this conversation?
8. Why does Little Man refuse Mam's offer for help with his collections for the newspaper route?
9. How does Little Man say he is relating the story of the stabbing in Chapter 1? Why is he relating the story in this manner?
10. What are Little Man's first impressions of Mrs. Worthington? How does he meet Mrs. Worthington?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)