|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Man say he is not allowed in his parents' bedroom closet?
(a) His father's sword collection is in there.
(b) His mother's safe is in there.
(c) His father keeps guns there.
(d) It is an entrance to another world.
2. What does Mam say Big Sack's family name is in Chapter 4?
3. How much money does Little Man give to Ara T in Chapter 3?
(a) 2 dollars.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 1 dollar.
(d) 25 cents.
4. What French philosopher does Mr. Spiro cite with the phrase "Speech was given to man to disguise his thoughts," in Chapter 5?
5. What children's television show does Little Man describe watching in Chapter 4?
(a) Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
(b) The Howdy Doody Show.
(c) Captain Kangaroo.
(d) Sesame Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does Little Man go to see with his father in Chapter 8?
2. Little Man describes reading a book about what sports figure in Chapter 3?
3. How does Little Man say he busted Rat's lip on the last day of sixth grade?
4. Who does Little Man say is his favorite baseball player in Chapter 5?
5. What issue does Little Man have with his knife in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ara T? Why does Little Man give his pocket knife to Ara T in Chapter 3?
2. What does Little Man overhear his parents talking about after coming home from the restaurant in Chapter 7? What does he make of this conversation?
3. Why does Little Man refuse Mam's offer for help with his collections for the newspaper route?
4. What information does Little Man reveal about himself, his friends, and his family in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Little Man's real name not revealed in the beginning of the story? How is he referred to in the text?
6. Who is Big Sack? What is this character's relationship to Little Man?
7. What is Rat's real name? What is Rat's relationship to Little Man?
8. How does Mrs. Worthington appear to Little Man when he sees her on Monday in Chapter 7?
9. What is foreshadowed by Little Man's observance of Big Sack watching him from the alley in Chapter 8?
10. How is Little Man's experience at the restaurant described in Chapter 7?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)