|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Mrs. Worthington have?
2. What word does Little Man's mother confuse with "genetic" when he overhears her talking with his father in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the newspaper that Little Man delivers on his paper route?
(a) The Democrat-Gazette.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Star-Ledger.
(d) The Press-Scimitar.
4. What street does Mrs. Worthington live on?
(a) Harbert Street.
(b) Bealle Street.
(c) Bourbon Street.
(d) Jackson Street.
5. Little Man says in the beginning of Chapter 1, "I'm typing about the stabbing for a good reason." What is the reason that he gives?
(a) "I'm in prison."
(b) "I'm dead."
(c) "I can't talk."
(d) "I can't remember it."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mam tell Little Man's she's cooked for his dinner with his parents when he returns home from his route in Chapter 6?
2. What kind of store does Rat's father own?
3. What issue does Little Man have with his knife in Chapter 2?
4. What is Mam's real name?
5. What is the technique called that Little Man's speech therapist has taught him in order to help with his stutter in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Little Man discover on his birth certificate in Chapter 7? How does he respond to this information?
2. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss during Little Man's visit in Chapter 8?
3. How does Little Man say he is relating the story of the stabbing in Chapter 1? Why is he relating the story in this manner?
4. What role does Mam serve in Little Man's life? How would you describe the relationship between Mam and Little Man?
5. How does Mrs. Worthington appear to Little Man when he sees her on Monday in Chapter 7?
6. Who is Ara T? Why does Little Man give his pocket knife to Ara T in Chapter 3?
7. What is a stutter? How is Little Man's stutter depicted in the narrative of Paperboy?
8. How is Little Man's experience at the restaurant described in Chapter 7?
9. What are Little Man's first impressions of Mr. Spiro? How is Mr. Spiro described?
10. What does Little Man encounter when he goes to Mrs. Worthington's home for newspaper payment collection in Chapter 6?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)