|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Man say is his favorite baseball player in Chapter 5?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Mickey Mantle.
(c) Ryne Duren.
(d) Lou Gehrig.
2. Who answers the door when Little Man stops by Mrs. Worthington's house to collect two weeks' worth of newspaper payments in Chapter 6?
(a) Greaser Charles.
(b) Mr. Worthington.
(c) Mrs. Worthington.
(d) Mr. Spiro.
3. What happens when Mr. Spiro asks Little Man his name in Chapter 3?
(a) Little Man runs away.
(b) Little Man screams.
(c) Little Man tells him his name.
(d) Little Man faints.
4. Whose name is burned onto Little Man's Louisville Slugger baseball bat?
(a) Ted Williams's.
(b) Babe Ruth's.
(c) Lou Gehrig's.
(d) Mickey Mantle's.
5. What does Little Man say he probably does faster than most kids in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) He gets over things that hurt faster than most kids.
(b) He considers the consequences of his actions faster than most kids.
(c) He runs faster than most kids.
(d) He thinks faster than most kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French philosopher does Mr. Spiro cite with the phrase "Speech was given to man to disguise his thoughts," in Chapter 5?
2. Who "didn't invent the modern alphabet, [but] he did help us preserve it," according to Mr. Spiro in Chapter 5?
3. How does Little Man sign his letter of apology to Mrs. Worthington in Chapter 2?
4. What state is Mam from originally?
5. What color is the handle of Little Man's knife that he describes in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss when Little Man comes by on Friday for collection in Chapter 5?
2. What does Little Man encounter when he goes to Mrs. Worthington's home for newspaper payment collection in Chapter 6?
3. What is the second "clue" that Mr. Spiro gives to Little Man in Chapter 5? What does Little Man make of the clue?
4. What information does Little Man reveal about himself, his friends, and his family in Chapter 1?
5. Who is Ara T? Why does Little Man give his pocket knife to Ara T in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Little Man refuse Mam's offer for help with his collections for the newspaper route?
7. What does Little Man overhear his parents talking about after coming home from the restaurant in Chapter 7? What does he make of this conversation?
8. What role does Mam serve in Little Man's life? How would you describe the relationship between Mam and Little Man?
9. What plans does Little Man make with his father in Chapter 8? What becomes of the plans?
10. How does Mrs. Worthington appear to Little Man when he sees her on Monday in Chapter 7?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)