|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Mrs. Worthington have?
2. Where was Rat trying to ride his bike down concrete steps when he incurred his scar, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
(a) At the post office.
(b) At Union Square.
(c) At Crump Stadium.
(d) At Central Park.
3. How does Little Man sign his letter of apology to Mrs. Worthington in Chapter 2?
(a) Victor Vollmer the Third.
(b) Your Secret Admirer.
(c) Your Substitute Paperboy.
(d) Little Man.
4. Why does Little Man say he is not allowed in his parents' bedroom closet?
(a) His mother's safe is in there.
(b) It is an entrance to another world.
(c) His father's sword collection is in there.
(d) His father keeps guns there.
5. On what day of the week is Little Man to pick up payments on his newspaper route?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question that Little Man has written for Mr. Spiro in Chapter 8?
2. Who was the Greek statesman and orator that supposedly had put pebbles in his mouth to overcome stuttering?
3. How does Little Man define Ara T's profession?
4. What does Mam tell Little Man's she's cooked for his dinner with his parents when he returns home from his route in Chapter 6?
5. How old does Little Man say he will be when his father will buy him a shotgun and take him hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Little Man make with his father in Chapter 8? What becomes of the plans?
2. What does Little Man discover on his birth certificate in Chapter 7? How does he respond to this information?
3. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss when Little Man comes by on Friday for collection in Chapter 5?
4. What do Little Man and Mr. Spiro discuss during Little Man's visit in Chapter 8?
5. What is foreshadowed by Little Man's observance of Big Sack watching him from the alley in Chapter 8?
6. Why is Little Man's real name not revealed in the beginning of the story? How is he referred to in the text?
7. What are Little Man's first impressions of Mrs. Worthington? How does he meet Mrs. Worthington?
8. Why have Little Man's parents decided to take Little Man to a restaurant to eat in Chapter 7? How does he feel about this proposition?
9. Who is Big Sack? What is this character's relationship to Little Man?
10. Why does Little Man refuse Mam's offer for help with his collections for the newspaper route?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)