|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Martin Heidegger born?
2. What color uniform does Mam wear when she works for the narrator's family?
3. What does Little Man throw rocks at in the end of Chapter 15?
(a) A window of an abandoned house.
(b) The moon.
(c) A streetlamp.
(d) A boy.
4. At what intersection is Little Man's newspaper pickup station located?
(a) Bourbon and Broadway.
(b) Callaveras and Quincey.
(c) Bellevue and Peabody.
(d) Bealle and Jackson.
5. What kind of canned food does Mam refer to as "Trash Food," according to Little Man in Chapter 9?
(a) Tuna fish.
(b) Hog's feet.
(c) Vienna sausages.
6. What does Little Man do with the picture of him and Mam at the zoo in Chapter 12?
(a) He gives it to his father.
(b) He gives it to Ara T.
(c) He frames it and puts it on his wall.
(d) He puts it in his desk drawer.
7. Why does the coach call off ball practice in Chapter 13?
(a) The weather will be too hot.
(b) It is forecast to rain.
(c) He is leaving town for a funeral.
(d) There is snow in the forecast.
8. What does Mrs. Worthington do shortly after inviting Little Man into her house in Chapter 9?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She offers him dinner.
(d) She calls his mother.
9. What money does Little Man give to Mam for carfare in Chapter 16?
(a) The money from his mother's room.
(b) The money from Mrs. Worthington.
(c) The money from Mr. Spiro's tip.
(d) The money from Mr. Spiro's payment.
10. Where does Mam tell Little Man to go while she deals with his stolen belongings in Chapter 16?
(a) To Mr. Spiro's house.
(b) To his father's office.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) To Rat's house.
11. On what day of the week are Little Man's parents coming home from their trip in Chapter 14?
12. What was Little Man trying to do last summer when he became stuck in a storm drain?
(a) He was trying to dig a cave.
(b) He was trying to reach a coin.
(c) He was trying to retrieve a baseball.
(d) He was trying to run from Ara T.
13. Where does Little Man go to get newspapers after his bundle has been taken in Chapter 13?
(a) From his father's office.
(b) From the newspaper office.
(c) From a newspaper rack.
(d) From Rat's mother.
14. Where is Mam's favorite bench to sit on at the zoo?
(a) By Grizzly Bear Cave.
(b) By Monkey Island.
(c) By the exit.
(d) By the Tiger's Den.
15. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the second reason he gives?
(a) He would be able to leave the South.
(b) He'd be able to figure out what to do with his feelings.
(c) He would be able to write about his past.
(d) He would be able to marry Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Mam always give to Little Man when making breakfast?
2. Where have Little Man's parents gone for a business meeting and vacation in Chapter 9?
3. On what day of the week is Mam allowed free entrance to the zoo as long as she wears her uniform and enters the gate with Little Man?
4. Where is "TV Boy" when Little Man stops at his house for collection in Chapter 14?
5. What animals can Little Man and Mam see from the bench where they wait for their photograph at the zoo?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)