|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week are Little Man's parents coming home from their trip in Chapter 14?
2. What does Little Man say he never told Mam "because [he] knew it would upset her" in the end of Chapter 12?
(a) That he had given up on God.
(b) That he'd talked to Big Sack.
(c) That he had stolen money from his father.
(d) That he had given Ara T money.
3. At what time does Little Man return home after his collections before returning to Mr. Spiro's house in the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Who got Little Man out of the storm drain last summer when he became trapped?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. Who does Little Man think beat Mam when she returns to work with a broken nose?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Ara T.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Big Sack.
6. What is Little Man's favorite number?
7. What does Mrs. Worthington do shortly after inviting Little Man into her house in Chapter 9?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She offers him dinner.
(d) She calls his mother.
8. Where have Little Man's parents gone for a business meeting and vacation in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Rock.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
9. Where does Little Man describe the best breeze in the house late in the day in Chapter 16?
(a) On the back stairs.
(b) In the basement.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) In the attic.
10. Where is Mr. Spiro going for a trip in Chapter 15?
11. How did the thief get into Little Man's room to steal his belongings in Chapter 16?
(a) By breaking the front door lock.
(b) By breaking a window.
(c) By climbing the ladder.
(d) By breaking in through the basement.
12. Who is the paper boy that Little Man accuses of taking his bundle of papers in Chapter 13?
13. What kind of canned food does Mam refer to as "Trash Food," according to Little Man in Chapter 9?
(a) Tuna fish.
(c) Hog's feet.
(d) Vienna sausages.
14. How will Mr. Spiro be traveling on his trip?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By airplane.
(d) By towboat.
15. What zoo does Mam take Little Man to in Chapter 12?
(a) The Bronx Zoo.
(b) Overton Park Zoo.
(c) The Audubon Zoo.
(d) The Little Rock Zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the first reason he gives?
2. Where does Little Man tell the photo booth operator at the zoo that Mam is about to return to in Chapter 12?
3. What does Little Man observe Mam doing for the first time when they are riding the bus in the end of Chapter 16?
4. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the second reason he gives?
5. What is Mam's needle story about that she works on at the zoo?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)