|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Mam use to describe ghostlike spirits that she perceives?
2. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the first reason he gives?
(a) He hopes to be a writer.
(b) He hopes to outgrow his stutter.
(c) He hopes to get married.
(d) He hopes to know his father.
3. At what intersection is Little Man's newspaper pickup station located?
(a) Bourbon and Broadway.
(b) Bealle and Jackson.
(c) Bellevue and Peabody.
(d) Callaveras and Quincey.
4. What does Little Man observe Mam doing for the first time when they are riding the bus in the end of Chapter 16?
(b) Drink alcohol.
(d) Dip snuff.
5. What does Mam chastise an older kid for doing at the zoo in Chapter 12?
(a) Feeding trash to a giraffe.
(b) Giving a cigarette to a monkey.
(c) Hitting a young boy.
(d) Littering on the sidewalk.
6. On what day of the week is Mam allowed free entrance to the zoo as long as she wears her uniform and enters the gate with Little Man?
(a) On Wednesdays.
(b) On Thursdays.
(c) On Saturdays.
(d) On Fridays.
7. What items fill the walls of Mr. Spiro's home?
(b) Ancient paintings.
(c) Glass animals.
(d) Sports memorabilia.
8. What bus do Little Man and Mam take to the zoo in Chapter 12?
(a) The No. 10 Uptown.
(b) The No. 3 Downtown.
(c) The No. 5 Crosstown.
(d) The No. 1 Crosstown.
9. Where does Little Man describe the best breeze in the house late in the day in Chapter 16?
(a) In the attic.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) On the back stairs.
(d) In the basement.
10. Where does Little Man realize he left his newspaper bags in Chapter 10?
(a) By Ara T's shed.
(b) At school.
(c) At the newspaper office.
(d) At his father's office.
11. What does Little Man throw rocks at in the end of Chapter 15?
(a) A streetlamp.
(b) A boy.
(c) The moon.
(d) A window of an abandoned house.
12. What does Mrs. Worthington do shortly after inviting Little Man into her house in Chapter 9?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She calls his mother.
(c) She offers him dinner.
(d) She passes out.
13. What does Little Man do with the granddaddy long-legs spider that crawls onto his book in Chapter 11?
(a) He feeds it to the cat.
(b) He smashes it with the book.
(c) He puts it on the rose bushes.
(d) He puts it in a jar.
14. What is Mrs. Worthington's first name?
15. How does Little Man go about retrieving his ball from the roof in Chapter 13?
(a) He uses a fishing pole.
(b) He climbs from his window.
(c) He calls for Mam to get it.
(d) He climbs a ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Little Man return home after his collections before returning to Mr. Spiro's house in the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. Why does the coach call off ball practice in Chapter 13?
3. What animals can Little Man and Mam see from the bench where they wait for their photograph at the zoo?
4. What birds does Mam enjoy watching most at the zoo?
5. How much money is enclosed in Mrs. Worthington's envelope for payment in Chapter 15?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)