|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Little Man's parents gone for a business meeting and vacation in Chapter 9?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Little Rock.
2. How does Little Man go about retrieving his ball from the roof in Chapter 13?
(a) He climbs a ladder.
(b) He calls for Mam to get it.
(c) He climbs from his window.
(d) He uses a fishing pole.
3. Where is Mr. Spiro going for a trip in Chapter 15?
4. What does the word "copacetic" mean?
5. How will Mr. Spiro be traveling on his trip?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By towboat.
(d) By airplane.
6. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the second reason he gives?
(a) He'd be able to figure out what to do with his feelings.
(b) He would be able to leave the South.
(c) He would be able to write about his past.
(d) He would be able to marry Sarah.
7. What prophet does Mam describe she waits with Little Man for their photograph at the zoo?
(a) Joseph Smith.
8. What does Little Man do with the granddaddy long-legs spider that crawls onto his book in Chapter 11?
(a) He puts it on the rose bushes.
(b) He puts it in a jar.
(c) He feeds it to the cat.
(d) He smashes it with the book.
9. What is Mam's needle story about that she works on at the zoo?
(a) The Crucifixion.
(b) The parting of the Red Sea.
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Noah and the ark.
10. Who is the paper boy that Little Man accuses of taking his bundle of papers in Chapter 13?
11. What birds does Mam enjoy watching most at the zoo?
(a) The ostriches.
(b) The flamingos.
(c) The peacocks.
(d) The penguins.
12. What ship's name is printed on Mr. Spiro's duffel bag in Chapter 15?
(a) SS Manhattan.
(b) SS Patrick Henry.
(c) SS Maria Clara.
(d) SS Liberty.
13. What zoo does Mam take Little Man to in Chapter 12?
(a) Overton Park Zoo.
(b) The Bronx Zoo.
(c) The Audubon Zoo.
(d) The Little Rock Zoo.
14. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the first reason he gives?
(a) He hopes to know his father.
(b) He hopes to outgrow his stutter.
(c) He hopes to be a writer.
(d) He hopes to get married.
15. At what intersection is Little Man's newspaper pickup station located?
(a) Bourbon and Broadway.
(b) Callaveras and Quincey.
(c) Bellevue and Peabody.
(d) Bealle and Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Man's favorite number?
2. What does Mrs. Worthington do shortly after inviting Little Man into her house in Chapter 9?
3. When was Martin Heidegger born?
4. Where has Mam gone when Little Man sets out for collecting in Chapter 14?
5. Where on the bus do Mam and Little Man sit when they leave to search for Ara T in Chapter 16?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)