|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What money does Little Man give to Mam for carfare in Chapter 16?
(a) The money from his mother's room.
(b) The money from Mr. Spiro's payment.
(c) The money from Mrs. Worthington.
(d) The money from Mr. Spiro's tip.
2. What animals can Little Man and Mam see from the bench where they wait for their photograph at the zoo?
(a) The penguins.
(b) The bears.
(c) The lions.
(d) The sharks.
3. What does Little Man say Mam's response was when he asked her how old Ara T was in Chapter 13?
(a) "He's sixty-eight."
(b) "He's old enough to know better."
(c) "How old is the Devil?"
(d) "He's forty-three."
4. What is Mrs. Worthington's first name?
5. What kind of hat does Little Man wear when he poses with Mam at the photo booth at the zoo?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A wizard's hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A cowboy hat.
6. What has Mr. Spiro propped his front door open with when Little Man comes by for his collection in Chapter 15?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A crate of books.
(c) An iron doorstop.
(d) A crate of apples.
7. On what day of the week are Little Man's parents coming home from their trip in Chapter 14?
8. What animals does Mam describe killing the livestock at home when she was a kid in Chapter 12?
9. Where has Mam gone when Little Man sets out for collecting in Chapter 14?
(a) To New Orleans.
(b) To his father's office.
(c) To church.
(d) To the grocery store.
10. Why does the coach call off ball practice in Chapter 13?
(a) There is snow in the forecast.
(b) It is forecast to rain.
(c) He is leaving town for a funeral.
(d) The weather will be too hot.
11. Where is Mr. Spiro going for a trip in Chapter 15?
12. When does Little Man tell Mam that Rat will be returning home in Chapter 10?
13. What does Little Man ask Mam on their bus ride home from church in Chapter 11?
(a) Where she'd live if she could live anywhere.
(b) Who his father is.
(c) Why she isn't married.
(d) Why she has to ride in the back of the bus.
14. What does Little Man say that offends Mam and makes her upset while they are waiting for their photograph at the zoo?
(a) "I'm going to ask my father to fire you."
(b) "But you put everything on God."
(c) "I wish we lived in the South."
(d) "Ara T should be made to pay for what he did to you."
15. What job does Mam always give to Little Man when making breakfast?
(a) Making the toast.
(b) Making the bacon.
(c) Making the eggs.
(d) Making the coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Man do with the picture of him and Mam at the zoo in Chapter 12?
2. Who got Little Man out of the storm drain last summer when he became trapped?
3. Where does Little Man describe the best breeze in the house late in the day in Chapter 16?
4. What does Little Man want desperately to talk to Mr. Spiro about in Chapter 16?
5. What does the word "copacetic" mean?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)