|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Little Man find his birth certificate in Chapter 7?
(a) In a hat box.
(b) In a file drawer.
(c) In a gun safe.
(d) In a wooden crate.
2. Who does Little Man see watching him from his truck when his father drops him off at the newspaper pickup in Chapter 8?
(a) Ara T.
(c) Big Sack.
(d) Slim Tim.
3. Why does Little Man give Ara T his knife?
(a) So that Ara T will sharpen it.
(b) So that Ara T will sell it for him.
(c) So that Ara T will fix the broken lever.
(d) So that Ara T will return his briefcase.
4. What is the nickname of the boy that has replaced Rat as Little Man's catcher in baseball practice while Rat is away?
(d) Big Sack.
5. What punctuation marks does Little Man say he hates in Chapter 1?
(a) Exclamation marks.
(c) Question marks.
6. How much money is Little Man's first tip on his paper route?
(a) 1 dollar.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 10 cents.
(d) 5 cents.
7. How old does Little Man say he will be when his father will buy him a shotgun and take him hunting?
8. Who is Rat going to visit while Little Man takes over his newspaper route?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
9. How old does Little Man's mother say he will be soon during dinner in Chapter 7?
10. How many adults does Little Man describe having to sit with at one table at the restaurant in Chapter 7?
11. Where does Little Man's family live?
(c) Little Rock.
12. How much money does Little Man give to Ara T in Chapter 3?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 2 dollars.
(d) 1 dollar.
13. On what day of the week is Little Man to pick up payments on his newspaper route?
14. How does Little Man describe Mrs. Worthington's eyes when he brings her paper to her on her porch swing in Chapter 7?
15. How is Little Man's hairstyle described in the novel?
(a) A Mohawk.
(b) Shaggy and unkempt.
(c) A bowl cut.
(d) A crew cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Greek statesman and orator that supposedly had put pebbles in his mouth to overcome stuttering?
2. Why do Little Man's parents take him home early from the restaurant in Chapter 7?
3. Who answers the door when Little Man stops by Mrs. Worthington's house to collect two weeks' worth of newspaper payments in Chapter 6?
4. What movie does Little Man go to see with his father in Chapter 8?
5. What street does Mrs. Worthington live on?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)