|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rat's real name?
2. What does Little Man discover that his mother has been secretly doing when she leaves the house in Chapter 7?
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Selling the house.
3. How old does Little Man say he will be when his father will buy him a shotgun and take him hunting?
4. What children's television show does Little Man describe watching in Chapter 4?
(a) Sesame Street.
(b) The Howdy Doody Show.
(c) Captain Kangaroo.
(d) Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
5. Who does Little Man say is his favorite baseball player in Chapter 5?
(a) Mickey Mantle.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Ryne Duren.
6. What street does Mrs. Worthington live on?
(a) Bourbon Street.
(b) Harbert Street.
(c) Jackson Street.
(d) Bealle Street.
7. Why does Little Man say he is not allowed in his parents' bedroom closet?
(a) His father keeps guns there.
(b) His father's sword collection is in there.
(c) His mother's safe is in there.
(d) It is an entrance to another world.
8. What does Mam tell Little Man's she's cooked for his dinner with his parents when he returns home from his route in Chapter 6?
(b) Potato soup.
(d) Fried chicken.
9. What kind of store does Rat's father own?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A butcher shop.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A hardware store.
10. Where did Rat incur a scar from crashing his bike?
(a) Over his left eyebrow.
(b) On his right leg.
(c) On his right cheek.
(d) On his left arm.
11. Who was the Greek statesman and orator that supposedly had put pebbles in his mouth to overcome stuttering?
12. How does Little Man say he busted Rat's lip on the last day of sixth grade?
(a) He slammed a car door in his face.
(b) He punched him.
(c) He hit him with a baseball.
(d) He tripped him on the sidewalk.
13. What is written on the corner of the dollar bill that Mr. Spiro gives to Little Man in Chapter 3?
14. What happens when Mr. Spiro asks Little Man his name in Chapter 3?
(a) Little Man runs away.
(b) Little Man tells him his name.
(c) Little Man screams.
(d) Little Man faints.
15. How does Little Man describe Mrs. Worthington's eyes when he brings her paper to her on her porch swing in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Man say that Mam had told him to stay away from Ara T in Chapter 3?
2. What color does Little Man say Greaser Charles's Ford is in Chapter 6?
3. Who confused the words "wicker" and "wicked," leading to the patio furniture being called the "Wicked Furniture" on the patio of Little Man's house?
4. Why does Little Man give Ara T his knife?
5. Where was Rat trying to ride his bike down concrete steps when he incurred his scar, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)