|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What children's television show does Little Man describe watching in Chapter 4?
(a) Captain Kangaroo.
(b) The Howdy Doody Show.
(c) Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
(d) Sesame Street.
2. At what address does Little Man encounter a boy who stares at a silent television in Chapter 3?
(a) 1348 Harbert Street.
(b) 1219 Vinton Street.
(c) 124 Gold Street.
(d) 3423 Bealle Street.
3. What is Mrs. Worthington drinking when she and Little Man have a miscommunication in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 5, Mr. Spiro tells Little Man, "A good painting after all is more truthful than" what?
(a) "A photograph."
(b) "A thousand words."
(c) "A bad painting."
(d) "A book."
5. Whose name is burned onto Little Man's Louisville Slugger baseball bat?
(a) Lou Gehrig's.
(b) Ted Williams's.
(c) Mickey Mantle's.
(d) Babe Ruth's.
6. What does Mam tell Little Man's she's cooked for his dinner with his parents when he returns home from his route in Chapter 6?
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Potato soup.
7. What does Little Man order for dinner at the restaurant in Chapter 7?
(c) A hamburger.
(d) Steamed mussels.
8. What does Little Man say he probably does faster than most kids in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) He runs faster than most kids.
(b) He thinks faster than most kids.
(c) He considers the consequences of his actions faster than most kids.
(d) He gets over things that hurt faster than most kids.
9. Why do Little Man's parents take him home early from the restaurant in Chapter 7?
(a) Because he stutters.
(b) Because he throws up.
(c) Because he insults the waiter.
(d) Because he insults his mother's friend.
10. What color is the handle of Little Man's knife that he describes in Chapter 1?
11. What is the first question that Little Man has written for Mr. Spiro in Chapter 8?
(a) "Why do most grown-ups treat me like I'm not a real human being?"
(b) "Who was Voltaire?"
(c) "When does a kid become a grown-up?"
(d) "What can I do to be smart like you?"
12. What movie does Little Man go to see with his father in Chapter 8?
(a) The General.
(b) The Great Escape.
(c) True Grit.
13. What is Mam's real name?
(a) Miss Marie Stewart.
(b) Miss Nora Smith.
(c) Miss Sarah Abrams.
(d) Miss Nellie Avent.
14. What three words has Little Man practiced in order to start a conversation with Mrs. Worthington on his route in Chapter 7?
(a) "Paper boy delivery."
(b) "Love your hair."
(c) "Cool for July."
(d) "Nice weather out."
15. How old was Little Man when Mam came to live with his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "didn't invent the modern alphabet, [but] he did help us preserve it," according to Mr. Spiro in Chapter 5?
2. By what nickname does Mam call the narrator of the story?
3. Who is the author of Being and Time?
4. What street does Mrs. Worthington live on?
5. What color hair does Mrs. Worthington have?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)