|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Little Man say he will be when his father will buy him a shotgun and take him hunting?
2. What issue does Little Man have with his knife in Chapter 2?
(a) It has been stolen.
(b) It is too sharp.
(c) It is dull.
(d) It is broken.
3. How does the author denote Little Man's speech struggles in the dialogue sections of the novel?
4. How old is Little Man of the novel?
5. What kind of restaurant do Little Man's parents take him to in Chapter 7?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A Cajun restaurant.
6. In Chapter 5, Mr. Spiro tells Little Man, "A good painting after all is more truthful than" what?
(a) "A book."
(b) "A photograph."
(c) "A thousand words."
(d) "A bad painting."
7. Little Man says in the beginning of Chapter 1, "I'm typing about the stabbing for a good reason." What is the reason that he gives?
(a) "I'm dead."
(b) "I can't talk."
(c) "I can't remember it."
(d) "I'm in prison."
8. What does Little Man say he probably does faster than most kids in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) He runs faster than most kids.
(b) He considers the consequences of his actions faster than most kids.
(c) He thinks faster than most kids.
(d) He gets over things that hurt faster than most kids.
9. What word is written on the second piece of the dollar bill that Mr. Spiro gives to Little Man?
10. What is the technique called that Little Man's speech therapist has taught him in order to help with his stutter in Chapter 1?
(a) Syllabic Reasoning.
(b) Soft Speaking.
(c) Aspirated Thought.
(d) Gentle Air.
11. Who is the author of Being and Time?
(a) Howard James.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Martin Heidegger.
12. How does Little Man describe Mrs. Worthington's eyes when he brings her paper to her on her porch swing in Chapter 7?
13. What three words has Little Man practiced in order to start a conversation with Mrs. Worthington on his route in Chapter 7?
(a) "Nice weather out."
(b) "Cool for July."
(c) "Love your hair."
(d) "Paper boy delivery."
14. What is Mam's real name?
(a) Miss Sarah Abrams.
(b) Miss Nellie Avent.
(c) Miss Marie Stewart.
(d) Miss Nora Smith.
15. How many adults does Little Man describe having to sit with at one table at the restaurant in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stitches did Rat get after crashing his bike on concrete stairs, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
2. What is the nickname of the boy that has replaced Rat as Little Man's catcher in baseball practice while Rat is away?
3. What does Mam tell Little Man's she's cooked for his dinner with his parents when he returns home from his route in Chapter 6?
4. What is Mrs. Worthington drinking when she and Little Man have a miscommunication in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the town where Mam grew up?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)