|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many adults does Little Man describe having to sit with at one table at the restaurant in Chapter 7?
2. Who "didn't invent the modern alphabet, [but] he did help us preserve it," according to Mr. Spiro in Chapter 5?
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(d) Hagar the Horrible.
3. Where did Rat incur a scar from crashing his bike?
(a) Over his left eyebrow.
(b) On his right leg.
(c) On his left arm.
(d) On his right cheek.
4. At what address does Little Man encounter a boy who stares at a silent television in Chapter 3?
(a) 1219 Vinton Street.
(b) 3423 Bealle Street.
(c) 124 Gold Street.
(d) 1348 Harbert Street.
5. Who confused the words "wicker" and "wicked," leading to the patio furniture being called the "Wicked Furniture" on the patio of Little Man's house?
(a) Mrs. Worthington.
6. How does Little Man say he busted Rat's lip on the last day of sixth grade?
(a) He punched him.
(b) He tripped him on the sidewalk.
(c) He slammed a car door in his face.
(d) He hit him with a baseball.
7. What is the first question that Little Man has written for Mr. Spiro in Chapter 8?
(a) "When does a kid become a grown-up?"
(b) "Who was Voltaire?"
(c) "Why do most grown-ups treat me like I'm not a real human being?"
(d) "What can I do to be smart like you?"
8. In Chapter 5, Mr. Spiro tells Little Man, "A good painting after all is more truthful than" what?
(a) "A photograph."
(b) "A book."
(c) "A bad painting."
(d) "A thousand words."
9. How many stitches did Rat get after crashing his bike on concrete stairs, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
10. What color does Little Man say Greaser Charles's Ford is in Chapter 6?
11. How does the author denote Little Man's speech struggles in the dialogue sections of the novel?
12. How does Little Man sign his letter of apology to Mrs. Worthington in Chapter 2?
(a) Little Man.
(b) Your Substitute Paperboy.
(c) Your Secret Admirer.
(d) Victor Vollmer the Third.
13. Whose name is burned onto Little Man's Louisville Slugger baseball bat?
(a) Lou Gehrig's.
(b) Babe Ruth's.
(c) Ted Williams's.
(d) Mickey Mantle's.
14. How does Little Man define Ara T's profession?
(a) He is a butcher.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a hard laborer.
(d) He is a junkman.
15. Where was Rat trying to ride his bike down concrete steps when he incurred his scar, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
(a) At Central Park.
(b) At Crump Stadium.
(c) At the post office.
(d) At Union Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Little Man find his birth certificate in Chapter 7?
2. Who is listed as Little Man's father on his birth certificate?
3. What three words has Little Man practiced in order to start a conversation with Mrs. Worthington on his route in Chapter 7?
4. How old was Little Man when Mam came to live with his family?
5. Before Mr. Spiro, who are the only two people Little Man says have ever talked to him directly about his stutter?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)