|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds does Mam enjoy watching most at the zoo?
(a) The flamingos.
(b) The peacocks.
(c) The ostriches.
(d) The penguins.
2. On what day of the week is Mam allowed free entrance to the zoo as long as she wears her uniform and enters the gate with Little Man?
(a) On Thursdays.
(b) On Wednesdays.
(c) On Fridays.
(d) On Saturdays.
3. Who does Little Man say is his favorite baseball player in Chapter 5?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Lou Gehrig.
(c) Ryne Duren.
(d) Mickey Mantle.
4. Where does Little Man's family live?
(c) Little Rock.
5. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the second reason he gives?
(a) He would be able to leave the South.
(b) He would be able to marry Sarah.
(c) He'd be able to figure out what to do with his feelings.
(d) He would be able to write about his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the handle of Little Man's knife that he describes in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Mam not allowed to have her picture taken in the booth with Little Man at the zoo?
3. At what time does Little Man return home after his collections before returning to Mr. Spiro's house in the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. About how many years older does Mam figure Ara T is in Chapter 18?
5. What is the name of Memphis's famous downtown street and home of the blues?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)