|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confused the words "wicker" and "wicked," leading to the patio furniture being called the "Wicked Furniture" on the patio of Little Man's house?
(c) Mrs. Worthington.
2. How is Little Man's hairstyle described in the novel?
(a) Shaggy and unkempt.
(b) A Mohawk.
(c) A bowl cut.
(d) A crew cut.
3. Little Man compares saying his name out loud to reciting what, in Chapter 3?
(a) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) The Gettysburg Address.
(c) Sally Sells Seashells.
(d) The Jabberwocky.
4. How does Little Man define Ara T's profession?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a junkman.
(d) He is a hard laborer.
5. What does Little Man discover that his mother has been secretly doing when she leaves the house in Chapter 7?
(b) Having an affair.
(d) Selling the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Mrs. Worthington live on?
2. What happens when Mr. Spiro asks Little Man his name in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the town where Mam grew up?
4. What color does Little Man say Greaser Charles's Ford is in Chapter 6?
5. How does the author denote Little Man's speech struggles in the dialogue sections of the novel?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)