|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Man say he never told Mam "because [he] knew it would upset her" in the end of Chapter 12?
(a) That he had stolen money from his father.
(b) That he had given up on God.
(c) That he'd talked to Big Sack.
(d) That he had given Ara T money.
2. Why is Mam not allowed to have her picture taken in the booth with Little Man at the zoo?
(a) Because she is African American.
(b) Because she is Native American.
(c) Because she is a woman.
(d) Because she is Asian.
3. What does Little Man do with the picture of him and Mam at the zoo in Chapter 12?
(a) He gives it to Ara T.
(b) He frames it and puts it on his wall.
(c) He gives it to his father.
(d) He puts it in his desk drawer.
4. Little Man says in Chapter 9, "I would be glad to be a grown-up for two reasons." What is the first reason he gives?
(a) He hopes to know his father.
(b) He hopes to get married.
(c) He hopes to outgrow his stutter.
(d) He hopes to be a writer.
5. Why does Little Man say he is not allowed in his parents' bedroom closet?
(a) It is an entrance to another world.
(b) His mother's safe is in there.
(c) His father keeps guns there.
(d) His father's sword collection is in there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Mam's handbag that she takes with her to look for Ara T in Chapter 16?
2. Where was Rat trying to ride his bike down concrete steps when he incurred his scar, according to Little Man in Chapter 8?
3. Who answers the door when Little Man stops by Mrs. Worthington's house to collect two weeks' worth of newspaper payments in Chapter 6?
4. How old does Little Man say he will be when his father will buy him a shotgun and take him hunting?
5. What name does Mam use to describe ghostlike spirits that she perceives?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)