|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Q find on Saturday morning?
2. What does Q decide to do at the minimall?
3. What is one area Q pinpoints for finding Margo?
4. What is Q experiencing at school?
5. Where does Q find blue painter's tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Q ask about the Walt Whitman poem, "Song of Myself" and what does he learn from the person?
2. What are Ben and Radar's theories about Margo and how does Q feel when he hears them?
3. Why is Q relieved when they find a raccoon?
4. Why is Gus at the mini mall and what does he say about Margo?
5. What does Q decide after seeing the changes at the mini mall?
6. What do the boys find that leads them into a souvenir shop and how do they feel when they leave the mini mall?
7. What changes does Q find in the mini mall?
8. What does Q resolve to find on Saturday and how do Q and Radar use what they find?
9. Why does Q become frustrated with Ben the morning after the prom?
10. What does Q do in the souvenir shop while waiting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Paper Towns is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Paper Towns based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Paper Towns is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Paper Towns a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Paper Towns? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Paper Towns including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Paper Towns and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)