Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of t-shirts do Ben and Q buy for Ben and Radar to wear?
2. What is Radar's role for the trip?
3. What does Q do at Holly Meadows?
4. What is Lacey's role for the trip?
5. What is one area Q pinpoints for finding Margo?
Essay Topic 1
Paper Towns belongs to the young adult mystery genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the young adult mystery genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a young adult mystery and a historical novel?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Margo and Quentin. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Ben and Radar. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Compare/contrast Margo and Quentin's parents. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which ones seem more of a well-rounded character?
4. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Paper Towns help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws, and Quentin is no exception. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze situations when Quentin demonstrates his intelligence and his morals. Give specific examples to illustrate your analysis.
2. Trace and analyze Quentin's character flaws offering specific examples of these flaws in your discussion.
3. Discuss how you think Quentin 's admirable traits makes him do what he does about finding Margo. Have his flaws impacted his life? How do his flaws influence his handling of the Margo mystery?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)