|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what are Ben and Radar concentrating?
2. What does Lacey ask of Q?
3. What makes Q think Margo is planning a road trip?
4. Why does Ben take NyQuil?
5. What does Chuck say he admires Q doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires in hours seven through eleven?
2. What transpires the first five hours of their trip?
3. What do Q's parents say about humans mirroring each other?
4. To whom does Q ask about the Walt Whitman poem, "Song of Myself" and what does he learn from the person?
5. Why does Q become frustrated with Ben the morning after the prom?
6. How does Q's dealing with the end of high school give him insight into Margo?
7. What do Q and Lacey talk about in the bathroom?
8. How does Q vacillate about his search for Margo, but what does he do instead of the prom concerning her?
9. What roles do Radar and Lacey assume for the trip to New York?
10. What do Q and Radar talk about after Q calls him from hanging up with Ben?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Margo hates everything normal about herself and feels no one around her is authentic. She seems to be a person fully alienated and critical of her society and her social group. She does not fit into any of the social groups even though she is admired by her peers.
1. What do you think a student should do if she/he doesn't fit into the crowd at school? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
2. What do you think makes a student stick out from others? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Margo feels different from her peers? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of John Green.
2. What in Green's background may have helped him in writing Paper Towns? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Paper Towns? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Paper Towns including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Paper Towns and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)