|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margo throw through Jase's window?
2. Where is one of the places Q and Margo stop?
3. Why is Ben happy?
4. What does Q plan in which he has been inspired by his time with Margo?
5. What are there an abundance of in Margo's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Q, Radar and Ben approach an abandoned building in their search for Margo?
2. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Jase?
3. What does Margo give Q to do with as he likes?
4. What do the three boys find in Margo's room?
5. What does Margo ask Q when they are driving around, and where do they go?
6. Why do Q and Ben take off the hinges of Margo's door and what do they find?
7. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Becca?
8. About what does Q fantasize concerning Margo as he is going through her room for clues, and what does he decide to do?
9. How do Margo and Q break into Sea World and what do they do there?
10. What does the prologue say about miracles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Paper Towns is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Margo hates everything normal about herself and feels no one around her is authentic. She seems to be a person fully alienated and critical of her society and her social group. She does not fit into any of the social groups even though she is admired by her peers.
1. What do you think a student should do if she/he doesn't fit into the crowd at school? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
2. What do you think makes a student stick out from others? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Margo feels different from her peers? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws, and Quentin is no exception. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze situations when Quentin demonstrates his intelligence and his morals. Give specific examples to illustrate your analysis.
2. Trace and analyze Quentin's character flaws offering specific examples of these flaws in your discussion.
3. Discuss how you think Quentin 's admirable traits makes him do what he does about finding Margo. Have his flaws impacted his life? How do his flaws influence his handling of the Margo mystery?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)