|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Q's date to the prom?
2. What does Margo do to a Lexus?
3. What does Margo say she will miss when she hugs Q?
4. What is RHAPAW?
5. What are there an abundance of in Margo's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Margo and Q break into Sea World and what do they do there?
2. What does the prologue say about miracles?
3. How does Q feel the next morning and who does he tell about his escapades with Margo at Chuck's house?
4. How does Q handle the problems with the school bullies?
5. What do the three boys find in Margo's room?
6. What do Margo and Q do at the SunTrust Building?
7. Who goes to see Ruthie and what does she let them do?
8. Describe Radar and his relationship to Q.
9. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Becca?
10. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Jase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Paper Towns belongs to the young adult mystery genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the young adult mystery genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a young adult mystery and a historical novel?
Essay Topic 3
Margo hates everything normal about herself and feels no one around her is authentic. She seems to be a person fully alienated and critical of her society and her social group. She does not fit into any of the social groups even though she is admired by her peers.
1. What do you think a student should do if she/he doesn't fit into the crowd at school? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
2. What do you think makes a student stick out from others? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Margo feels different from her peers? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)