|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Ben Starling has a kidney infection?
2. Who does Q say are his enemies?
3. What does Margo have Q tell Mr. Arrington?
4. What does Margo throw through Jase's window?
5. In what city was Margo born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ben Starlling and his relationship to Q.
2. Describe Radar and his relationship to Q.
3. What do the three boys find in Margo's room?
4. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Becca?
5. Who is Robert Joyner and what do Margo and Q have to do with the man?
6. What does Margo say about her boyfriend, Jase, and what is Q's reaction?
7. Describe Q's conversation with Otis Warren.
8. Who visits Q near midnight one night and what does she want?
9. What do Margo and Q do at the SunTrust Building?
10. What is the parting scene like between Margo and Q at the end of the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Paper Towns is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes Paper Towns interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Quentin. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Margo. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Jase. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Margo hates everything normal about herself and feels no one around her is authentic. She seems to be a person fully alienated and critical of her society and her social group. She does not fit into any of the social groups even though she is admired by her peers.
1. What do you think a student should do if she/he doesn't fit into the crowd at school? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
2. What do you think makes a student stick out from others? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
3. Why do you think Margo feels different from her peers? Use examples from Paper Towns and your life to support your answer.
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)