|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margo and Q do in the sixth grade that Q wants to do that night?
2. Whose niece is mentioned in a note Q finds in Margo's room?
3. For how long have Q and Margo known each other?
4. Who is Becca Arrington?
5. To whom does Q want to first say something about what he and Margo find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margo give Q to do with as he likes?
2. What does Margo ask Q when they are driving around, and where do they go?
3. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Becca?
4. Describe Q's conversation with Otis Warren.
5. What do Margo and Q do at the SunTrust Building?
6. About what does Q fantasize concerning Margo as he is going through her room for clues, and what does he decide to do?
7. Who is Robert Joyner and what do Margo and Q have to do with the man?
8. What is the parting scene like between Margo and Q at the end of the night?
9. How do Margo and Q break into Sea World and what do they do there?
10. What do Margo and Q do to Chuck Parson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws, and Quentin is no exception. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze situations when Quentin demonstrates his intelligence and his morals. Give specific examples to illustrate your analysis.
2. Trace and analyze Quentin's character flaws offering specific examples of these flaws in your discussion.
3. Discuss how you think Quentin 's admirable traits makes him do what he does about finding Margo. Have his flaws impacted his life? How do his flaws influence his handling of the Margo mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes Paper Towns interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Quentin. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Margo. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Jase. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Margo and Quentin. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Ben and Radar. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Compare/contrast Margo and Quentin's parents. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which ones seem more of a well-rounded character?
4. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Paper Towns help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)