|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Margo and Q take to Karin?
2. What does everyone get to experience in his/her life?
3. Why do Margo and Q have to swim a nasty canal?
4. What does Ben suggest about the poem lines about a door?
5. How does Robert Joyner's divorce affect him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Q and Ben take off the hinges of Margo's door and what do they find?
2. What does Margo ask Q when they are driving around, and where do they go?
3. What do the three boys find in Margo's room?
4. What does Margo give Q to do with as he likes?
5. Why are things chaotic at school and what are a couple incidents that happen as a result?
6. Who goes to see Ruthie and what does she let them do?
7. What is the parting scene like between Margo and Q at the end of the night?
8. What do Margo and Q do at the SunTrust Building?
9. What does Margo do to wreck vengeance on Jase?
10. What do Margo and Q do to Chuck Parson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Paper Towns based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Paper Towns is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Paper Towns a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes Paper Towns interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Quentin. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Margo. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Jase. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)