|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose niece is mentioned in a note Q finds in Margo's room?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Joan Baez.
2. What do Chuck and his friends do?
(a) Spray paint Margo's name all over school.
(b) Call in a bomb threat.
(c) Pull the fire alarm.
(d) Destroy twelve bikes.
3. What concerns Margo about how everyone lives?
(a) They live with no conscious intention.
(b) They live in the future rather than the present.
(c) They live with no concern for their neighbors.
(d) They live too extravagantly.
4. What does Q fantasize about concerning Margo?
(a) Going to the prom with her.
(b) Marrying her.
(d) Rescuing her in New York City.
5. What embarrasses Radar?
(a) His buck teeth.
(b) His extremely black skin.
(c) His almost-white appearance.
(d) His parents' collection of black Santas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margo's gift to Q?
2. What does Margo say causes one of her "strings" to break?
3. Where is one of the places Q and Margo stop?
4. Where do girls who are cut loose typically end up according to Otis?
5. For what do Radar, Ben and Q wait?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ben Starlling and his relationship to Q.
2. What does Lacey want when she approaches Q at school?
3. What do Q and Lacey talk about in the bathroom?
4. What does Margo ask Q when they are driving around, and where do they go?
5. What significant conversation do Ben and Q have in hour twelve?
6. Who goes to see Ruthie and what does she let them do?
7. What transpires in hours seven through eleven?
8. Why does Q become frustrated with Ben the morning after the prom?
9. How does Q handle the problems with the school bullies?
10. What are Ben and Radar's theories about Margo and how does Q feel when he hears them?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)