|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Q think Whitman was too optimistic?
(a) The stories that a blade of glass can reveal.
(b) The ability of humans to forgive one another.
(c) The earth's ability to recover from careless humans.
(d) Humans being able to connect to one another.
2. What is the Omnicitionary?
(a) Radar's collection of school essays.
(b) A shortened version of the Oxford dictionary.
(c) Radar's version of Wikipedia.
(d) Radar's factual database.
3. What does Q realize about his idea of who Margo is?
(a) That he actually does not know her very well.
(b) That he is pretty sure he understands her.
(c) That his idea of her is probably fairly accurate.
(d) That she is not as confident as she seems.
4. Where does Q find Lacey?
(a) In the basement asleep on a bench.
(b) On the play swing in the back yard.
(c) Lying under an oak tree.
(d) Fully clothed in a bathtub.
5. What does Q think an abandoned subdivision is in the scheme of the clues he has gathered?
(a) The Cesspool.
(b) The Dante's inferno.
(c) The paper town.
(d) The Troll Hole.
6. What is Lacey's role for the trip?
(d) Provisions provider.
7. What does Q continue to do on Monday?
(a) Call and talk to Margo's sister.
(b) Write passionate poetry to Margo.
(c) Skip school.
(d) Analyze "Song of Myself".
8. What does Q do at Holly Meadows?
(a) Falls to his knees and cries.
(b) Lies down in an empty lot and falls asleep.
(c) Hacks down a sapling in frustration.
(d) Screams Margo's name throughout the area.
9. Where does Q want to visit?
(a) The park where he and Margo played in as children.
(b) The movie theater where he had his only date with Margo when they were nine.
(c) A library display on Walt Whitman.
(d) The last two pseudovisions.
10. What happens when Q falls asleep?
(a) He wakes to the sound of someone singing.
(b) He gets a phone call from Ben.
(c) He gets a phone call from his mother.
(d) He has a bad dream about Margo.
11. Who is Dr. Holden?
(a) The school psychiatrist.
(b) The principal at Q's school.
(c) Q's uncle.
(d) Q's English teacher.
12. Why does Ben take NyQuil?
(a) It makes him feel good.
(b) He likes the taste of it.
(c) So he can sleep some before he has to drive.
(d) He has a cold.
13. With what does Q remain obsessed?
(a) Knowing why Margo is unhappy.
(b) Finding a way to forget Margo.
(c) Getting out of going to the prom.
(d) The clues.
14. What does Dr. Holden suggest Q do?
(a) Ask someone else to the prom.
(b) Concentrate on his finals.
(c) Forgive and go on.
(d) Read the entire Whitman poem.
15. Where does the group make a quick gas stop at a BP station?
(b) Near Jacksonville.
(c) Just over the South Carolina border.
(d) Lake City, Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all the plausible itineraries for Margo's travel end?
2. About what concerning Margo is Q convinced?
3. What does Q find on Saturday morning?
4. Upon what are Ben and Radar concentrating?
5. What smells like lilac shampoo?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)