|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Holden tell Q?
(a) That the Whitman poem is one of optimism.
(b) That Margo is too smart to be found.
(c) That the Frost poem refers to cycles of change.
(d) That the Dickinson poem is about suicide.
2. Where does the sentence that the boys find say you will go?
(a) To Dante's inferno.
(b) To the eternal wheel.
(c) To the paper towns.
(d) To the steel mills.
3. What does Q discover at the mini mall?
(a) A piece of paper with the name John on it.
(b) A picture of him when he was six.
(c) A number of small changes.
(d) A note with his name on it.
4. What does Lacey ask of Q?
(a) To sit and talk with her.
(b) To get her another beer.
(c) To take her to the park.
(d) To take her to meet up with Margo.
5. Where do all the plausible itineraries for Margo's travel end?
(d) New York City.
6. About what does Q lie to his parents?
(a) That he is taking Emily to the prom.
(b) That he is going to the prom stag.
(c) That he is going to the library to study.
(d) That he is meeting up with a group of people to do a prom alternate night.
7. How does Ben take care of having to pee?
(a) He uses a beer bottle.
(b) He goes at the BP station.
(c) He makes Q stop on the emergency lane of the interstate.
(d) He uses his empty coke glass.
8. What is causing the stench?
(a) A skunk.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A pile of manure.
(d) A cesspool.
9. Where does the group make a quick gas stop at a BP station?
(a) Lake City, Florida.
(c) Just over the South Carolina border.
(d) Near Jacksonville.
10. About what concerning Margo is Q convinced?
(a) She is safe.
(b) She is in trouble.
(c) She is not in Orlando.
(d) She is still in Orlando.
11. Where does Q think Margo might be waiting for him?
(a) In the Troll's Hole.
(b) He does not believe Margo is waiting for him.
(c) In a shadow version of the subdivision where they lived as children.
(d) In New York.
12. What does Q find repetitive?
(a) The Whitman poem.
(b) The advice the adults in his life offer.
(c) The clues Q keeps thinking he is unearthing.
(d) Ben and Radar's comments about Margo.
13. Where does Q find blue painter's tape?
(a) Over the hole in the particle board Ben had created.
(b) Wrapped around an old fire hydrant.
(c) Wrapped around the limb of a tree.
(d) Over a bullet hole in the plate glass window of one store.
14. What smells like lilac shampoo?
(a) A towel hanging on a banister.
(b) A rag.
(c) Some carpet.
(d) An old pillow.
15. Where does Q find Lacey?
(a) In the basement asleep on a bench.
(b) Fully clothed in a bathtub.
(c) Lying under an oak tree.
(d) On the play swing in the back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Q think Whitman was too optimistic?
2. Of what does Radar say Q needs to have a more realistic view?
3. Who is Gus?
4. What is Radar's role for the trip?
5. What does Chuck say he admires Q doing?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)