Prologue, Part One: The Strings, Chapters 1-2
• In the prologue, the narrator, Quentin Jacobsen, says that his one miracle in his life is knowing Margo Spiegelman. They are neighbors.
• One of Q's last memories of Margo is when they find a dead body in a park when they are nine. Q wants to tell the police.
• Margo wants to investigate herself. She loves mysteries. The body is a lawyer who committed suicide.
• In Part One, Q is a senior in high school. He tells his mother he does not want to go to the prom. He is not sure he can get a date.
• He talks about his two best friends, Ben Starling and Marcus, called "Radar".
• Radar, a black boy, who was named after the MASH character has a girlfriend named Angela he can take the prom.
• Ben has a difficult time getting a date because he...
This section contains 3,144 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)