|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Michael Manley elected as leader of the People's National Party?
2. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
3. Where does Fay's brother live?
4. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
5. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
2. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
3. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
4. How is Zhang's body prepared for burial?
5. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
6. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
7. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
8. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
9. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pao decides to put the gunrunners out of business in Chinatown. Discuss how Pao puts the gunrunners out of business.
Essay Topic 2
By Chapter 8, Pao is in charge of Zhang's business. Discuss how Pao became the head of Zhang's business.
Essay Topic 3
Pao and Fay didn't know each other well when they married. Discuss the reasons why Pao and Fay married.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)