|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
2. How many days after Clifton leaves does Fay kidnap the children?
3. Where does Clifton go to see Margy Lopez?
4. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
5. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
2. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
3. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
4. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
5. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
6. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
7. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
8. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
9. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
10. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 42, Pao looks back over his life. Dscuss Pao's reflections as he considers how he has lived and whether he is satisfied with his life.
Essay Topic 2
A new police sergeant is brought in to help fight corruption. Discuss the corruption in the police department and Sergeant Brown's role in taming that corruption.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 27, Pao and Cicely discuss Mui and Xiuquan. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast Mui and Xiuquan.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)