|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
2. Where did Helen Meacham study law?
3. Where does DeFreitas operate his business from?
4. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
5. Where was Henry Wong's funeral held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
2. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
3. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
4. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
5. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
6. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
7. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
8. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
9. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 23, Pao agrees to work with Kenneth in the supermarket business. Discuss the business arrangement between Pao and the Wong's and how it works out.
Essay Topic 3
When Esther marries, Pao ponders their relationship. Discuss Pao and Esther's relationship and how it changed over the years.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)