|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the children's bodyguards when it was feared Fay would try to kidnap them?
2. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
3. What do Pao's children and Gloria do together?
4. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
5. When is Michael Manley elected as leader of the People's National Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
2. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
3. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
4. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
5. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
6. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
7. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
8. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
9. How is Zhang's body prepared for burial?
10. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
Essay Topic 2
Merleen Chin visits Pao. Discuss Merleen's problem and how it is solved.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 13, Pao determines to disrupt Fay's alliances. Discuss how Pao disrupts Fay's alliances with family and friends.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)