|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
2. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
3. Who became the children's bodyguards when it was feared Fay would try to kidnap them?
4. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
5. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
2. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
3. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
4. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
5. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
6. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
7. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
8. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
9. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
10. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Jamaica achieves independence from Britain. Discuss Jamaica under British rule and how it obtained independence.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 24, Fay kidnaps the children. Discuss how Pao reacts to the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Pao and his friends get into business with an American sergeant. Discuss the business and what Pao's family thought of his business.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)