|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the shroud that is placed on Zhang's body?
2. In Chapter 23, during what year was there open warfare on the streets of Kingston?
3. How many days after Clifton leaves does Fay kidnap the children?
4. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
5. When is Michael Manley elected as leader of the People's National Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
2. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
3. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
4. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
5. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
6. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
7. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
8. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
9. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 24, Fay kidnaps the children. Discuss how Pao reacts to the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 42, Pao looks back over his life. Dscuss Pao's reflections as he considers how he has lived and whether he is satisfied with his life.
Essay Topic 3
When Esther marries, Pao ponders their relationship. Discuss Pao and Esther's relationship and how it changed over the years.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)