|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
2. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
3. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
4. Where is Esther married?
5. What spice does Pao think the sorrel needs that he and Daphne drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
2. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
3. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
4. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
5. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
6. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
7. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
8. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
9. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 24, Pao begins to realize that he needs to find a legal business. Discuss why and how Pao plans to get out of the protection business.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the way that Fay and her mother treat people who are not of their social class.
Essay Topic 3
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)