|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
2. What spice does Pao think the sorrel needs that he and Daphne drink?
3. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
4. How many members does the church have where Esther is married?
5. Where does DeFreitas operate his business from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
2. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
3. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
4. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
5. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
6. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
7. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
8. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
9. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 13, Pao determines to disrupt Fay's alliances. Discuss how Pao disrupts Fay's alliances with family and friends.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 24, Pao begins to realize that he needs to find a legal business. Discuss why and how Pao plans to get out of the protection business.
Essay Topic 3
A new police sergeant is brought in to help fight corruption. Discuss the corruption in the police department and Sergeant Brown's role in taming that corruption.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)