|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
2. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
3. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
4. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
5. How many children did Samuels have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
2. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
3. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
4. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
5. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
6. How is Zhang's body prepared for burial?
7. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
8. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
9. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
10. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 12, Pao and Baker agree to work together. Discuss Pao and Baker's business relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Pao and Fay didn't know each other well when they married. Discuss the reasons why Pao and Fay married.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)