|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
2. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
3. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
4. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
5. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
Essay Topic 1
A new police sergeant is brought in to help fight corruption. Discuss the corruption in the police department and Sergeant Brown's role in taming that corruption.
Essay Topic 2
Pao and Fay didn't know each other well when they married. Discuss the reasons why Pao and Fay married.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 22, Fay and her mother are constantly arguing. Discuss Fay's relationship with her mother.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)