|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
2. What rank did Charles Meacham attain before he retired?
3. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
4. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
5. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
2. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
3. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
4. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
5. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
6. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
7. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
8. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
9. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
10. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
Essay Topic 2
Pao decides to put the gunrunners out of business in Chinatown. Discuss how Pao puts the gunrunners out of business.
Essay Topic 3
Even after Pao marries Fay, he is still seeing Gloria. Discuss Pao's and Gloria's relationship.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)