|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
2. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
3. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
4. What rank did Charles Meacham attain before he retired?
5. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
2. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
3. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
4. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
5. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
6. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
7. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
8. What is rural Jamaica like?
9. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
10. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pao decides to put the gunrunners out of business in Chinatown. Discuss how Pao puts the gunrunners out of business.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 24, Fay kidnaps the children. Discuss how Pao reacts to the kidnapping.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that Fay and her mother treat people who are not of their social class.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)