|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
2. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
3. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
4. How many children does Samuels have?
5. The ring that Pao buys Fay is __________ gold.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
2. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
3. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
4. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
5. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
6. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
7. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
8. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
9. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
10. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 27, Pao and Cicely discuss Mui and Xiuquan. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast Mui and Xiuquan.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Jamaica achieves independence from Britain. Discuss Jamaica under British rule and how it obtained independence.
Essay Topic 3
Even after Pao marries Fay, he is still seeing Gloria. Discuss Pao's and Gloria's relationship.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)