|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
2. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
3. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
4. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
5. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
2. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
3. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
4. Who is Henry Wong?
5. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
6. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
7. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
8. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
9. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
10. What goals were Manley and Bustamante working for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, Jamaica achieves independence from Britain. Discuss Jamaica under British rule and how it obtained independence.
Essay Topic 2
Pao decides to put the gunrunners out of business in Chinatown. Discuss how Pao puts the gunrunners out of business.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that Fay and her mother treat people who are not of their social class.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)