|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
2. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
3. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
4. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
5. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
2. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
3. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
4. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
6. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
7. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
8. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
9. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
10. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 22, Fay and her mother are constantly arguing. Discuss Fay's relationship with her mother.
Essay Topic 2
Even after Pao marries Fay, he is still seeing Gloria. Discuss Pao's and Gloria's relationship.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 27, Pao and Cicely discuss Mui and Xiuquan. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast Mui and Xiuquan.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)