|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Pao's father die?
2. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
3. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
4. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
5. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
2. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
3. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
4. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
5. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
6. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
7. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
8. Who is Henry Wong?
9. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
10. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Morrisons ask Pao to be the godfather for the baby they adopted. Discuss reasons why Pao should or should not be the baby's godfather.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Jamaica achieves independence from Britain. Discuss Jamaica under British rule and how it obtained independence.
Essay Topic 3
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)