|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
2. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
3. How many children does Samuels have?
4. Where did Judge Finley get married?
5. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
2. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
3. What does Gloria cook Pao when he comes to dinner for the first time at her house?
4. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
6. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
8. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
9. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
10. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pao and Fay didn't know each other well when they married. Discuss the reasons why Pao and Fay married.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, Jamaica achieves independence from Britain. Discuss Jamaica under British rule and how it obtained independence.
Essay Topic 3
Gloria learns that Pao is engaged to marry Fay Wong before he has a chance to tell her. Discuss how Gloria treated Pao after he became engaged and why.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)