|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Judge Finley get married?
2. In Chapter 11, how much of Pao's money goes to the police so they look the other way?
3. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
4. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
5. What color were the roofs in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pao find a way to meet the Wongs?
2. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
3. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
4. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
5. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
6. Who is Henry Wong?
7. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
8. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
9. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
10. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 22, Fay and her mother are constantly arguing. Discuss Fay's relationship with her mother.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the way that Fay and her mother treat people who are not of their social class.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 24, Pao begins to realize that he needs to find a legal business. Discuss why and how Pao plans to get out of the protection business.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)