Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
2. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
3. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
4. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
5. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
2. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
3. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
4. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
5. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
6. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
7. Describe what things Pao thinks he might miss if he dropped dead at the end of the novel?
8. What goals were Manley and Bustamante working for?
9. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
10. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 12, Pao and Baker agree to work together. Discuss Pao and Baker's business relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Merleen Chin visits Pao. Discuss Merleen's problem and how it is solved.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Pao and his friends get into business with an American sergeant. Discuss the business and what Pao's family thought of his business.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)