|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
2. Who helps Pao's mother make saltfish fritters?
3. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
5. Where is Dr. Morrison from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
2. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
3. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
4. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
5. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
6. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
7. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
8. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
9. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
10. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pao and Fay didn't know each other well when they married. Discuss the reasons why Pao and Fay married.
Essay Topic 2
Merleen Chin visits Pao. Discuss Merleen's problem and how it is solved.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 24, Pao begins to realize that he needs to find a legal business. Discuss why and how Pao plans to get out of the protection business.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)