|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Pao's mother make saltfish fritters?
2. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
3. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
4. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
5. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
2. How does Pao find a way to meet the Wongs?
3. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
4. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
6. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
7. Who is Zhang?
8. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
9. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
10. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 23, Pao agrees to work with Kenneth in the supermarket business. Discuss the business arrangement between Pao and the Wong's and how it works out.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 27, Pao and Cicely discuss Mui and Xiuquan. The objective of this lesson is to compare and contrast Mui and Xiuquan.
Essay Topic 3
When Esther marries, Pao ponders their relationship. Discuss Pao and Esther's relationship and how it changed over the years.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)