|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Henry Wong's funeral held?
(a) Holy Cross.
(b) Our Lady of the Angels.
(c) Holy Trinity Cathedral.
(d) Saint Patrick's.
2. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
3. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
4. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
5. How did Samuels die?
(b) Run over by a car.
(c) Shot in the back of the head.
(d) Shot in the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after Clifton leaves does Fay kidnap the children?
2. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
3. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
4. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
5. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
2. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
3. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
4. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
5. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
6. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
7. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
8. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
9. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
10. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)