|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
(c) Tai chi.
2. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
(a) Golden Gate.
(b) Long Mountain.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Mona Heights.
3. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
4. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
5. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
(d) Father Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Esther married?
2. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
3. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
4. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
5. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
2. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
3. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
4. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
5. What is rural Jamaica like?
6. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
7. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
8. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
9. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
10. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)