|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pao's children and Gloria do together?
(a) Go to Pao's home.
(b) Go to a park.
(c) Walk along the beach.
(d) Get ice cream.
2. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
(a) In a newspaper office.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a drugstore.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. Where was Henry Wong's funeral held?
(a) Our Lady of the Angels.
(b) Holy Cross.
(c) Holy Trinity Cathedral.
(d) Saint Patrick's.
4. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. Where does Fay's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
2. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
3. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
4. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
5. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
2. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
3. How is Zhang's body prepared for burial?
4. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
5. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
6. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
7. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
8. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
9. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
10. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)