|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Arresting the wrong person.
(b) Taking bribes.
(c) Drug dealing.
(d) Stealing from the evidence locker.
2. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
4. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
(a) Played tennis.
(b) Havd friends over.
(c) Read comic books and watch TV.
(d) Plays soccer.
5. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
2. How old are Xuiquan and Mui when their grandfather Wong dies?
3. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
4. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
5. How many times a day does Pao's mother boil herbs for Zhang when he is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
2. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
3. What is rural Jamaica like?
4. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
5. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
6. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
7. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
8. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
9. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
10. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)