|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the father of Miss Cecily's first son?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her cousin.
2. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
(a) An old warehouse.
(b) A three-room shack.
(c) A modern office building.
(d) Three-story wooden house.
3. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
(a) Tranquility Villa.
(b) Port Antonio.
(c) Spring Plain.
(d) Montego Bay.
4. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
5. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
2. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
3. What does Margy Lopez wish to study in college?
4. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
5. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
2. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
3. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
4. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
5. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
6. What is rural Jamaica like?
7. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
8. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
9. What does Father Michael tell Pao about becoming John Morrisson's godfather?
10. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)