|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
2. How did Samuels die?
(a) Run over by a car.
(b) Shot in the back of the head.
(d) Shot in the stomach.
3. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
4. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 10 times.
5. How many weeks after Pao fights with Fay does Father Michael ask Pao to come see him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
2. What colors does Father Michael wear when he performs Henry Wong's funeral?
3. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
4. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
5. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
2. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
3. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
4. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
5. Where does Father Michael believe that virtue resides?
6. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
7. How is Zhang's body prepared for burial?
8. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
9. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)