|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
(b) Blue Mountain.
2. Where is Esther married?
(a) A Presbyterian Church.
(b) A Lutheran Church.
(c) A Methodist Church.
(d) A Baptist church.
3. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
4. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
5. Who was the father of Miss Cecily's first son?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
2. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
3. Where does Fay's brother live?
4. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
5. How many members does the church have where Esther is married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is rural Jamaica like?
2. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
3. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
4. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
5. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
6. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
7. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
8. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
9. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
10. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)