|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is John Morrison when he and his parents leave Jamaica?
2. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
3. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
(a) Montego Bay.
(b) Spring Plain.
(c) Port Antonio.
(d) Tranquility Villa.
4. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
(a) Madame Ming's.
(b) Madame Huang's.
(c) Madame Wong's.
(d) Madame Chu's.
5. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
(a) Creole chicken.
(b) Teriyaki chicken.
(c) Pork and potatoes.
(d) Chicken fritters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spice does Pao think the sorrel needs that he and Daphne drink?
2. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
3. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
4. How long has Dr. Morrison been in Jamaica?
5. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
2. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
3. What does Father Michael tell Pao about becoming John Morrisson's godfather?
4. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
5. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
6. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
7. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
8. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
9. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
10. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)