|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
(b) Peanut brittle.
2. Where does Clifton go to see Margy Lopez?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
(d) Tai chi.
4. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
5. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Pao hear in his head when he visits Margy's house?
2. In a two-hour period on West Kingston street, how many rounds of ammunition were fired?
3. How many weeks after Pao fights with Fay does Father Michael ask Pao to come see him?
4. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
5. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
2. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
3. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
4. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
5. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
6. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
7. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
8. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
9. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
10. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)