|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
2. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. How old are Xuiquan and Mui when their grandfather Wong dies?
(a) 13 and 10.
(b) 14 and 11.
(c) 12 and 9.
(d) 15 and 12.
4. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
5. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
2. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
3. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
4. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
5. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
2. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
3. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
4. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
5. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
6. How is Zhang's body prepared for burial?
7. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
8. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
9. What does Father Michael tell Pao about becoming John Morrisson's godfather?
10. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)