|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
2. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
3. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
4. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
5. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
(d) Father Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
2. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
3. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
4. Where does Fay's brother live?
5. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is rural Jamaica like?
2. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
3. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
4. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
5. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
6. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
7. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
8. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
9. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
10. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)