|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
2. What song does Pao hear in his head when he visits Margy's house?
(a) Love Letters in the Sand.
(b) Chances Are.
(c) Island in the Sun.
3. How many days after Clifton leaves does Fay kidnap the children?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
(a) A modern office building.
(b) A three-room shack.
(c) Three-story wooden house.
(d) An old warehouse.
5. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after independence was everyone gunning down one another?
2. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
3. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
4. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
5. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
2. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
3. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
4. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
5. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
6. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
7. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
8. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
9. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
10. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)