|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
(a) Miss Peters.
(b) Miss Jones.
(c) Miss Andrews.
(d) Miss Crawford.
2. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(b) Parkinson's Disease.
3. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
4. What year did Zhang leave China?
5. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
(a) October 2, 1966.
(b) September 5, 1967.
(c) July 18, 1965.
(d) August 17, 1964.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
2. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
3. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
4. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
5. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
2. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
3. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
4. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
5. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
6. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
7. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
8. What is rural Jamaica like?
9. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
10. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)