|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
(d) Father Michael.
2. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Arresting the wrong person.
(b) Stealing from the evidence locker.
(c) Taking bribes.
(d) Drug dealing.
3. Where is Esther married?
(a) A Presbyterian Church.
(b) A Methodist Church.
(c) A Lutheran Church.
(d) A Baptist church.
4. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
2. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
3. What year did Zhang leave China?
4. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
5. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
2. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
3. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
4. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
5. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
6. Why does Mrs. Samuels come to see Pao?
7. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables, get kicked off the force?
8. How did Fay manage to kidnap the children?
9. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
10. Why does Father Michael believe he is an accomplice in the kidnapping of the children?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)