|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
2. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 10 times.
3. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
4. How many children did Samuels have?
5. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Michael Manley elected as leader of the People's National Party?
2. How old is John Morrison when he and his parents leave Jamaica?
3. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
4. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
5. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pao decide to quit calling his son Xiuquan?
2. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
3. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
4. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
5. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
6. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
7. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
8. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
9. Why does Kenneth decide to try the supermarket business?
10. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)