|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
(a) Three-story wooden house.
(b) A modern office building.
(c) An old warehouse.
(d) A three-room shack.
2. How many years after independence was everyone gunning down one another?
3. Where does Clifton go to see Margy Lopez?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
5. Who became the children's bodyguards when it was feared Fay would try to kidnap them?
(a) Finley and Wyatt.
(b) Milton and Desmond.
(c) Hammond and Wiley.
(d) Samuels and Whitcomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
2. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
3. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
4. Where does DeFreitas operate his business from?
5. How long has Dr. Morrison been in Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is rural Jamaica like?
2. In Chapter 34, why is Mui so desperate to return to Jamaica?
3. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
4. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
5. What does Henry Wong know about Kenneth's business?
6. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
7. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
8. Why doesn't Fitzgerald have any guests at his hotel?
9. Describe DeFreitas as he looks when Pao meets with him in Chapter 20.
10. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)