|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
2. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
3. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
(a) St. George.
(b) St. Andrew.
(c) Alpha Academy.
4. What is the name of the American sergeant who wants to do business with Pao and Finley?
5. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Norman Manley educated?
2. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
3. How many children does Milton have to care for after his father died?
4. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
5. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
2. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
3. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
4. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
5. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
6. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
7. Who is Zhang?
8. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
9. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
10. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)