|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
2. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
(a) Lipton's Green tea.
(b) Lipton's Yellow Label.
(c) Black tea.
(d) White tea.
3. How many children does Samuels have?
4. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 7:30 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 8:30 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
5. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
2. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
3. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
4. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
5. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
2. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
4. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
5. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
6. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
7. What goals were Manley and Bustamante working for?
8. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
9. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
10. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)