|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
2. What type of ice cream does Cecily like?
3. The ring that Pao buys Fay is __________ gold.
4. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
5. What color dress is the woman wearing who appears in the doorway in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
2. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
3. Where was Norman Manley educated?
4. Where do Pao and Hampton rent a shop when they move their surplus?
5. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
2. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
3. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
4. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
5. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
6. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
7. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
8. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
9. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
10. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)