|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
2. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
3. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
4. What is the name of the American sergeant who wants to do business with Pao and Finley?
5. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
2. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
3. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
4. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
5. How many children does Milton have to care for after his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
2. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
4. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
5. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
6. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
7. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
8. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
9. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
10. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)