|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her godmother.
2. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What color were the roofs in China?
(b) Yellow and red.
(c) Blue and green.
4. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Beautiful one.
(b) Little sister.
(c) Precious one.
(d) Little flower.
5. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
2. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
3. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
4. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
5. What is Meacham's daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
2. Who is Zhang?
3. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
4. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
5. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
6. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
7. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
8. How does Pao find a way to meet the Wongs?
9. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
10. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)