|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
2. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
3. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
4. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) 4 times a month.
(b) 3 times a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
5. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
2. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
3. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
4. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
5. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
2. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
3. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
4. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
5. Who is Henry Wong?
6. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
7. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
8. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
9. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
10. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)