|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
2. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) William Cowper.
(b) John Newton.
(c) John Wesley.
(d) Philip P. Bliss.
3. How old is Meacham's daughter?
4. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
5. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
2. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
3. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
4. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
5. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
2. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
3. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
4. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
5. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
6. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
7. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
8. What goals were Manley and Bustamante working for?
9. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
10. How do Pao and Henry Wong become business partners?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)