|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
(c) Khus Khus.
2. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
3. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
4. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
2. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
3. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
4. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
5. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
2. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
3. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
4. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
5. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
6. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
7. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
8. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
9. Who is Henry Wong?
10. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)