|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) Once a month.
(b) 3 times a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) 4 times a month.
2. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) Rona St.
(b) North St.
(c) Blue St.
(d) West St.
3. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
4. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
5. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
(b) Janet Mae Jones.
(c) Carol Joan Crawford.
(d) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
2. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
3. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
4. What color dress is the woman wearing who appears in the doorway in Chapter 1?
5. What is the denomination of the church that Dr. Morrison attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
2. Who is Henry Wong?
3. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
4. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
5. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
6. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
7. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
8. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
9. What does Gloria cook Pao when he comes to dinner for the first time at her house?
10. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)