|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pao and Hampton rent a shop when they move their surplus?
(a) Ryan St.
(b) Monroe St.
(c) Main St.
(d) West St.
2. How old is Meacham's daughter?
3. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
4. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
(a) Philip Young.
(b) Matthew Smythe.
(c) Peter Bryant.
(d) Michael Williams.
5. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
2. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
3. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
4. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
5. Where did Judge Finley get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
2. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
3. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
4. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
5. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
6. Who is Henry Wong?
7. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
8. What does Gloria cook Pao when he comes to dinner for the first time at her house?
9. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
10. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)