|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
2. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
(c) Khus Khus.
3. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
4. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
(a) Fruit punch.
(b) Pink champagne.
(c) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
5. What is the denomination of the church that Dr. Morrison attends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
2. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
4. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
5. Where did Pao come from in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the priest that Fay begins seeing.
2. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
3. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
4. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
5. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
6. Who is Henry Wong?
7. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
8. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
9. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
10. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)