|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Norman Manley educated?
2. How did Milton's father die?
(a) Run down by a drunk Englishman.
(d) House fire.
3. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
(a) White tea.
(b) Black tea.
(c) Lipton's Green tea.
(d) Lipton's Yellow Label.
4. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
(a) Gives it to her sister.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Throws it in the garden.
(d) Wears it proudly.
5. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
2. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
3. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
4. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
5. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
2. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
3. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
4. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
6. Who is Zhang?
7. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
8. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
9. What does Gloria cook Pao when he comes to dinner for the first time at her house?
10. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)