|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
2. Where did Fay's mother used to lock Fay when Fay was a child?
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Music room.
3. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
4. In Chapter 1, what day of the week does Gloria tell Pao that he can come over?
5. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
2. In what year did Pao's father die?
3. Where did Pao come from in China?
4. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
5. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henry manage to buy a grocery store in Ocho Rios?
2. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
3. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
4. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
5. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
6. Why are Jamaicans not in charge of their own destiny in 1980?
7. What one good thing comes from Fay leaving Pao?
8. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
9. What reason does Pao give for wanting to know how the children spent their time at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
10. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)