|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
2. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
3. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
(a) Montego Bay.
(d) Rio Bueno.
4. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
5. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) October 7.
(b) September 11.
(c) July 4.
(d) August 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
2. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
3. What has Samuels' job been since he quit running with DeFreitas?
4. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
5. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
2. Who does Miss Cecily blame when Kenneth dies?
3. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
4. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
5. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
6. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
7. Under what conditions does Pao get permission to write his children?
8. In the 1970s, what are some ways that people try to smuggle money out of Jamaica?
9. What does Miss Cecily propose be done with the grocery business after Henry Wong dies?
10. What is rural Jamaica like?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)