Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
(a) Red and grey.
(b) Black and white.
2. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) October 7.
(b) July 4.
(c) August 6.
(d) September 11.
3. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
4. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
5. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her godmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
2. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
3. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
4. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
5. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
2. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
3. Who moves with Pao to Beverly Hills?
4. What terms does Manley have to meet when he goes to the International Monetary Fund for help?
5. What was it like when the children were at Lady Musgrave Rd.?
6. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
7. Describe what things Pao thinks he might miss if he dropped dead at the end of the novel?
8. What goals were Manley and Bustamante working for?
9. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
10. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)