|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Meacham's daughter?
2. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(a) 10 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
3. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
4. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
5. In Chapter 1, what day of the week does Gloria tell Pao that he can come over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the vegetable that Pao eats during his honeymoon?
2. When does Xiuquan leave Jamaica?
3. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
4. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
5. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
2. Who is Henry Wong?
3. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
4. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
6. Why doesn't Manley want Jamaica to leave the West Indies Federation and why does Busta want Jamaica to leave the Federation?
7. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
8. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
9. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
10. Why doesn't Finley want to hire Samuels?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)