|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) Once a week.
(b) 3 times a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) 4 times a month.
2. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
3. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
4. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
5. When does Zhang want to quit his business?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
2. How many children does Milton have to care for after his father died?
3. How did Milton's father die?
4. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
5. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
2. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
3. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
4. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
6. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
7. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
8. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
9. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
10. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)