|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
2. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) Rona St.
(b) West St.
(c) Blue St.
(d) North St.
3. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
4. Where do Pao and Hampton rent a shop when they move their surplus?
(a) Main St.
(b) Monroe St.
(c) Ryan St.
(d) West St.
5. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
2. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
3. What animal does Pao compare Gloria to in Chapter 9?
4. How old is Meacham's daughter?
5. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Fay ask for custody of her children?
2. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
3. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
4. Why does Miss Cicely believe she wasn't a good mother?
5. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
6. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
7. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
8. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
9. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
10. Describe Pao house in Beverly Hills.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)