|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) September 11.
(b) August 6.
(c) October 7.
(d) July 4.
2. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
3. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her godmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
4. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
5. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
2. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
3. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
4. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
5. Where did Pao come from in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fay treat Pao the week of their honeymoon?
2. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
3. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
4. Who is Zhang?
5. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
6. In the 1940s, Kingston was bursting with U.S. sailors. Who visited Jamaica in the 1950s?
7. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
8. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
9. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
10. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)