|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
(a) A park.
(b) Blue Lagoon.
(c) Blue Tavern.
(d) A church.
2. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
4. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
5. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
2. What color were the roofs in China?
3. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
4. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
5. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
2. What types of food does Pao describe eating on his honeymoon with Fay?
3. How does Pao find a way to meet the Wongs?
4. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
5. Describe Dr. Morrison's garden at the hospital.
6. Who is Henry Wong?
7. What does Pao's mother say about Fay in Chapter 12?
8. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
9. How does Pao get news about Fay and her family since Fay keeps running back home?
10. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)