|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Throws it in the garden.
(c) Wears it proudly.
(d) Gives it to her sister.
2. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
3. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
(a) Lipton's Yellow Label.
(b) Lipton's Green tea.
(c) White tea.
(d) Black tea.
5. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fay's mother used to lock Fay when Fay was a child?
2. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
3. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
4. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
5. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
2. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
3. How does Pao indicate to Sergeant Brown that they have a bond?
4. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
5. How did Pao describe Jamaica when he first saw it?
6. Who is Zhang?
7. What does Gloria cook Pao when he comes to dinner for the first time at her house?
8. Why does Zhang say that the Jamaicans riot?
9. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
10. What does Clifton Brown help Pao arrange for Miss Cicely to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)