|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) William Cowper.
(b) Philip P. Bliss.
(c) John Newton.
(d) John Wesley.
2. What is Pao's mother's name?
3. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
4. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
5. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
(b) Janet Mae Jones.
(c) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
(d) Carol Joan Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
2. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
3. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
4. What type of ice cream does Cecily like?
5. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the waitress who is with Helena Meacham when Helena murders the boys?
2. What does Morrison want Pao to do for Captain Mecham?
3. How does Pao find a way to meet the Wongs?
4. What does Gloria do when Pao comes to see her on the Tuesday after he tells her about his marriage?
5. Who is Henry Wong?
6. How does Chin introduce Sergeant Brown for the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
7. What payment did Zhang get when he first worked for Chin?
8. How does Mr. Chin learn about his granddaughter's pregnancy and what does he do?
9. In Chapter 8, how does Pao make money?
10. How did Gloria's relationship with Pao become personal rather than simply business?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)