|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
(a) July 29, 1977.
(b) April 15, 1975.
(c) May 12, 1974.
(d) June 19, 1976.
2. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
3. In Chapter 23, during what year was there open warfare on the streets of Kingston?
4. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
(a) Madame Ming's.
(b) Madame Chu's.
(c) Madame Huang's.
(d) Madame Wong's.
5. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Black Cave.
(b) Black Den.
(c) Opium Den.
(d) Blues Cave.
6. How old is John Morrison when he and his parents leave Jamaica?
7. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
8. Where was Henry Wong's funeral held?
(a) Saint Patrick's.
(b) Holy Trinity Cathedral.
(c) Holy Cross.
(d) Our Lady of the Angels.
9. Who was the father of Miss Cecily's first son?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
10. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
(b) Gold horse head.
(c) Silver fox head.
11. Where did Helen Meacham study law?
12. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
13. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
14. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
15. In a two-hour period on West Kingston street, how many rounds of ammunition were fired?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
2. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
3. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
4. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
5. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)