|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
(a) Miss Andrews.
(b) Miss Jones.
(c) Miss Peters.
(d) Miss Crawford.
2. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
3. How old are Xuiquan and Mui when their grandfather Wong dies?
(a) 14 and 11.
(b) 12 and 9.
(c) 15 and 12.
(d) 13 and 10.
4. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
5. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
(a) Long Mountain.
(b) Golden Gate.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Mona Heights.
6. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
(a) Sinners, Turn: Why will You Die?
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) In the Sweet Bye and Bye.
(d) His Eye is on the Sparrow.
7. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
8. What color is the front door of Pao's new home?
9. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
10. In a two-hour period on West Kingston street, how many rounds of ammunition were fired?
11. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
12. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 1 year.
13. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
14. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
15. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Pao hear in his head when he visits Margy's house?
2. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
3. How did Samuels die?
4. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
5. How many times a day does Pao's mother boil herbs for Zhang when he is dying?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)