|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(b) Parkinson's Disease.
2. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
(a) Read comic books and watch TV.
(b) Played tennis.
(c) Havd friends over.
(d) Plays soccer.
3. Where was Henry Wong's funeral held?
(a) Our Lady of the Angels.
(b) Saint Patrick's.
(c) Holy Cross.
(d) Holy Trinity Cathedral.
4. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(c) All spice.
(d) Bay leaf.
5. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
(a) His Eye is on the Sparrow.
(b) In the Sweet Bye and Bye.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Sinners, Turn: Why will You Die?
6. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
(b) Tai chi.
7. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Black Cave.
(b) Black Den.
(c) Opium Den.
(d) Blues Cave.
8. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
9. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
10. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
11. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
12. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
(a) August 17, 1964.
(b) October 2, 1966.
(c) July 18, 1965.
(d) September 5, 1967.
13. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
14. Where did Helen Meacham study law?
15. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
(a) May 12, 1974.
(b) June 19, 1976.
(c) July 29, 1977.
(d) April 15, 1975.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fay's brother live?
2. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
3. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
4. What color is the front door of Pao's new home?
5. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)