|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
(b) Silver fox head.
(c) Gold horse head.
2. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. How many days after Clifton leaves does Fay kidnap the children?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 1 day.
4. What does Margy Lopez wish to study in college?
5. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
6. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
(a) Peanut brittle.
7. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
8. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
9. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
10. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
11. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
(a) In an office.
(b) In a newspaper office.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) In a drugstore.
12. Where does Clifton go to see Margy Lopez?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
13. How many members does the church have where Esther is married?
14. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
15. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
2. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
3. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
4. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
5. What year did Zhang leave China?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)