|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
(d) Tai chi.
2. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(c) All spice.
(d) Bay leaf.
3. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) His Eye is on the Sparrow.
(c) In the Sweet Bye and Bye.
(d) Sinners, Turn: Why will You Die?
4. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
5. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
6. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
(d) Peanut brittle.
7. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
8. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
9. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
11. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
(a) Played tennis.
(b) Havd friends over.
(c) Plays soccer.
(d) Read comic books and watch TV.
12. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
(a) Silver fox head.
(d) Gold horse head.
13. How long does Morrison stay away from Jamaica?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 18 months.
14. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
15. Where does Fay's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of Miss Cecily's first son?
2. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
3. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
4. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
5. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)