|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
(a) Madame Huang's.
(b) Madame Chu's.
(c) Madame Wong's.
(d) Madame Ming's.
2. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
3. In a two-hour period on West Kingston street, how many rounds of ammunition were fired?
4. What rank did Charles Meacham attain before he retired?
5. How long has Dr. Morrison been in Jamaica?
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
6. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
7. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Stealing from the evidence locker.
(b) Arresting the wrong person.
(c) Taking bribes.
(d) Drug dealing.
8. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
9. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
10. What do Pao's children and Gloria do together?
(a) Walk along the beach.
(b) Get ice cream.
(c) Go to a park.
(d) Go to Pao's home.
11. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
(a) Mona Heights.
(b) Long Mountain.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Golden Gate.
12. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a newspaper office.
(d) In a drugstore.
13. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
14. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(a) All spice.
(d) Bay leaf.
15. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
2. Where did Helen Meacham study law?
3. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
4. How old is John Morrison when he and his parents leave Jamaica?
5. In Chapter 23, during what year was there open warfare on the streets of Kingston?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)