|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
(c) Peanut brittle.
2. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Black Den.
(b) Black Cave.
(c) Blues Cave.
(d) Opium Den.
3. How did Samuels die?
(a) Shot in the back of the head.
(b) Shot in the stomach.
(c) Run over by a car.
4. Where does Fay's brother live?
5. What does Margy Lopez wish to study in college?
6. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
7. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
8. How old is John Morrison when he and his parents leave Jamaica?
9. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
(a) Chicken fritters.
(b) Teriyaki chicken.
(c) Pork and potatoes.
(d) Creole chicken.
10. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
11. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
12. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
13. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
(c) Blue Mountain.
14. Where does Clifton go to see Margy Lopez?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. Who was the father of Miss Cecily's first son?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
2. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
3. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
4. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
5. How many years after independence was everyone gunning down one another?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)