|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
2. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
(a) In a newspaper office.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a drugstore.
(d) In an office.
3. When is Michael Manley elected as leader of the People's National Party?
4. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
5. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
(a) June 19, 1976.
(b) April 15, 1975.
(c) May 12, 1974.
(d) July 29, 1977.
6. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
(a) Tai chi.
7. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
8. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
9. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
10. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
11. What colors does Father Michael wear when he performs Henry Wong's funeral?
(a) Red, white, and silver.
(b) Blue and white.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Purple, white, and gold.
12. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
(a) July 18, 1965.
(b) September 5, 1967.
(c) August 17, 1964.
(d) October 2, 1966.
13. What does Margy Lopez wish to study in college?
14. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
15. How many weeks after Pao fights with Fay does Father Michael ask Pao to come see him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
2. How did Samuels die?
3. What song does Pao hear in his head when he visits Margy's house?
4. What color hair does the Morrisons' adopted baby have?
5. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)