|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
(a) Madame Ming's.
(b) Madame Wong's.
(c) Madame Chu's.
(d) Madame Huang's.
2. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
(a) Miss Jones.
(b) Miss Andrews.
(c) Miss Crawford.
(d) Miss Peters.
3. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
4. Who was the father of Miss Cecily's first son?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin.
5. Where does DeFreitas operate his business from?
(a) Ochos Rios.
(b) Tivoli Gardens.
(c) Eastwood Park.
(d) Trench Town.
6. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a newspaper office.
(d) In a drugstore.
7. In Chapter 22, what does Pao begin teaching his Mui and Xiuquan?
(a) Tai chi.
8. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) Golden Gate.
(c) Mona Heights.
(d) Long Mountain.
9. What year did Zhang leave China?
10. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
(c) Peanut brittle.
11. Where does Clifton go to see Margy Lopez?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. What spice does Pao think the sorrel needs that he and Daphne drink?
13. Where does Fay's brother live?
14. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
(a) An old warehouse.
(b) A modern office building.
(c) A three-room shack.
(d) Three-story wooden house.
15. How many weeks after Pao fights with Fay does Father Michael ask Pao to come see him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
2. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
3. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
4. What rank did Charles Meacham attain before he retired?
5. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)