|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
2. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
3. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
(b) Silver fox head.
(d) Gold horse head.
4. What is the name of Father Michael's housekeeper?
(a) Miss Andrews.
(b) Miss Crawford.
(c) Miss Peters.
(d) Miss Jones.
5. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 10 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 2 times.
6. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
7. How many years after independence was everyone gunning down one another?
8. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
9. What song does Pao hear in his head when he visits Margy's house?
(b) Island in the Sun.
(c) Chances Are.
(d) Love Letters in the Sand.
10. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
(a) Havd friends over.
(b) Plays soccer.
(c) Read comic books and watch TV.
(d) Played tennis.
11. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
(d) Blue Mountain.
12. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
13. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
14. How did Samuels die?
(b) Shot in the stomach.
(c) Shot in the back of the head.
(d) Run over by a car.
15. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
(a) September 5, 1967.
(b) October 2, 1966.
(c) August 17, 1964.
(d) July 18, 1965.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
2. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
3. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
4. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
5. Who became the children's bodyguards when it was feared Fay would try to kidnap them?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)