|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spice does Pao think the sorrel needs that he and Daphne drink?
2. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
3. What rank did Charles Meacham attain before he retired?
4. How many children did Samuels have?
5. What color is the shroud that is placed on Zhang's body?
6. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
(a) Madame Wong's.
(b) Madame Ming's.
(c) Madame Huang's.
(d) Madame Chu's.
7. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
8. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
9. How old is John Morrison when he and his parents leave Jamaica?
10. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(b) A toy.
11. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
(a) Tranquility Villa.
(b) Spring Plain.
(c) Montego Bay.
(d) Port Antonio.
12. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Stealing from the evidence locker.
(b) Taking bribes.
(c) Drug dealing.
(d) Arresting the wrong person.
13. How many members does the church have where Esther is married?
14. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(b) Parkinson's Disease.
15. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
2. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
3. What does Margy Lopez wish to study in college?
4. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
5. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)