|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
2. How did Samuels die?
(a) Shot in the stomach.
(b) Run over by a car.
(d) Shot in the back of the head.
3. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
4. What rank did Charles Meacham attain before he retired?
5. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
6. What color is the front door of Pao's new home?
7. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(a) Bay leaf.
(c) All spice.
8. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
9. From what type of wood is DeFreitas' desk made?
10. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
11. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
12. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Arresting the wrong person.
(b) Drug dealing.
(c) Stealing from the evidence locker.
(d) Taking bribes.
13. How many times a day does Pao's mother boil herbs for Zhang when he is dying?
14. What color is the shroud that is placed on Zhang's body?
15. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Opium Den.
(b) Black Den.
(c) Blues Cave.
(d) Black Cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
2. Where does Fay's brother live?
3. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
4. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
5. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)