|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(c) A toy.
2. Where did Helen Meacham study law?
3. What color is the shroud that is placed on Zhang's body?
4. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
5. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
(a) Mona Heights.
(b) Golden Gate.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Long Mountain.
6. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(a) Bay leaf.
(c) All spice.
7. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Arresting the wrong person.
(b) Taking bribes.
(c) Drug dealing.
(d) Stealing from the evidence locker.
8. How many verses are there to the song that Miss Cicely sings now that Fay has moved back home?
9. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
10. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
(d) Blue Mountain.
11. How many months after Father Michael becomes archbishop is Esther married?
12. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 10 times.
(d) 3 times.
13. Whose daughter makes terrible pickles?
(a) Madame Ming's.
(b) Madame Wong's.
(c) Madame Huang's.
(d) Madame Chu's.
14. Where was Henry Wong's funeral held?
(a) Our Lady of the Angels.
(b) Holy Cross.
(c) Holy Trinity Cathedral.
(d) Saint Patrick's.
15. How many weeks was Samuels missing before his wife learned that he was dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
2. How many members does the church have where Esther is married?
3. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
4. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
5. How many people were killed in the months running up to when Seaga became prime minister?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)