|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did Ethyl overhear Miss Fay on the phone and get ordered out of the room?
2. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
3. Who became the children's bodyguards when it was feared Fay would try to kidnap them?
(a) Milton and Desmond.
(b) Samuels and Whitcomb.
(c) Finley and Wyatt.
(d) Hammond and Wiley.
4. How many members does the church have where Esther is married?
5. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
6. How long has Dr. Morrison been in Jamaica?
(a) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. How many days after Clifton leaves does Fay kidnap the children?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 days.
8. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
9. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Sinners, Turn: Why will You Die?
(c) His Eye is on the Sparrow.
(d) In the Sweet Bye and Bye.
10. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
(a) Spring Plain.
(b) Tranquility Villa.
(c) Montego Bay.
(d) Port Antonio.
11. What do Pao's children and Gloria do together?
(a) Get ice cream.
(b) Go to Pao's home.
(c) Go to a park.
(d) Walk along the beach.
12. How old are Xuiquan and Mui when their grandfather Wong dies?
(a) 12 and 9.
(b) 13 and 10.
(c) 15 and 12.
(d) 14 and 11.
13. In Chapter 38, where does Pao tell Gloria he wants to move?
(a) Mona Heights.
(b) Beverly Hills.
(c) Golden Gate.
(d) Long Mountain.
14. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(a) Parkinson's Disease.
15. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
2. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
3. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
4. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
5. How did Samuels die?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)