|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spice does Pao think the sorrel needs that he and Daphne drink?
2. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
3. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Black Cave.
(b) Opium Den.
(c) Blues Cave.
(d) Black Den.
4. What type of candy does Pao take to Margaret Morrison when he visits her and the baby?
(b) Peanut brittle.
5. What color hair does the Morrisons' adopted baby have?
6. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
(a) In an office.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a newspaper office.
(d) In a drugstore.
7. In Chapter 23, during what year was there open warfare on the streets of Kingston?
8. In Chapter 36, what do Pao and Merleen have to eat when they meet at a restaurant?
(a) Teriyaki chicken.
(b) Pork and potatoes.
(c) Creole chicken.
(d) Chicken fritters.
9. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
(a) October 2, 1966.
(b) July 18, 1965.
(c) August 17, 1964.
(d) September 5, 1967.
10. How many weeks after Pao talks to Meacham do Fitzgerald and the police constables disappear?
11. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
12. What did Karl do when he was at the house on Lady Musgrave Rd.?
(a) Havd friends over.
(b) Played tennis.
(c) Plays soccer.
(d) Read comic books and watch TV.
13. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
14. How many restaurants are in Fitzgerald's hotel?
15. What color is the front door of Pao's new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times a day does Pao's mother boil herbs for Zhang when he is dying?
2. Where does Fay's brother live?
3. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
4. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
5. What year was Helen Meacham called to the bar and became a lawyer?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)