|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after independence was everyone gunning down one another?
2. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Opium Den.
(b) Black Den.
(c) Black Cave.
(d) Blues Cave.
3. How did Samuels die?
(a) Run over by a car.
(c) Shot in the back of the head.
(d) Shot in the stomach.
4. Who made it possible for Xiuquan to talk to his mother on the phone before the kidnapping?
(a) Father Michael.
5. Why did Mutt and Jeff, the two troublesome police constables get kicked off the police force?
(a) Stealing from the evidence locker.
(b) Taking bribes.
(c) Arresting the wrong person.
(d) Drug dealing.
6. How many hours did it take the police to get control of the fighting the day that Kenneth was shot?
7. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
8. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
(a) His Eye is on the Sparrow.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) In the Sweet Bye and Bye.
(d) Sinners, Turn: Why will You Die?
9. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
(a) Silver fox head.
(d) Gold horse head.
10. What did Xiuquan take from a store that got him arrested?
(b) A toy.
(c) Bow and arrow.
11. In a two-hour period on West Kingston street, how many rounds of ammunition were fired?
12. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(b) All spice.
(d) Bay leaf.
13. How old are Xuiquan and Mui when their grandfather Wong dies?
(a) 13 and 10.
(b) 14 and 11.
(c) 12 and 9.
(d) 15 and 12.
14. Where is Esther married?
(a) A Baptist church.
(b) A Methodist Church.
(c) A Presbyterian Church.
(d) A Lutheran Church.
15. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, during what year was there open warfare on the streets of Kingston?
2. What color is the shroud that is placed on Zhang's body?
3. How many columns run from the ground to the roof of the semi-circular carport of Pao's new house?
4. Now that Fay is in England, where is she working?
5. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)