|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(a) Bay leaf.
(b) All spice.
2. After Hampton and Ethyl get married, where will they visit her family?
3. Where does Fay's brother live?
4. Where does DeFreitas operate out of?
(a) A three-room shack.
(b) A modern office building.
(c) Three-story wooden house.
(d) An old warehouse.
5. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
6. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 10 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 5 times.
7. In Chapter 23, during what year was there open warfare on the streets of Kingston?
8. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
9. What does Karl call the nightclub he opens in England?
(a) Blues Cave.
(b) Black Cave.
(c) Opium Den.
(d) Black Den.
10. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
11. How many weeks after Pao fights with Fay does Father Michael ask Pao to come see him?
12. Where do Pao and Margy set up a company in Jamaica?
(a) Spring Plain.
(b) Port Antonio.
(c) Montego Bay.
(d) Tranquility Villa.
13. What do Pao's children and Gloria do together?
(a) Go to Pao's home.
(b) Get ice cream.
(c) Walk along the beach.
(d) Go to a park.
14. How many days a week does Pao's mother play mah-jongg?
15. What type of car does Ethyl drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction does Pao's mother have Zhang lying on his cot when Zhang is dying?
2. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
3. Where does Margy move after she finishes her college course?
4. What is Ian Maynard Fitzgerald's nickname?
5. How many children did Samuels have?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)