|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Pao smell the first night he sleeps in his new home?
(b) All spice.
(d) Bay leaf.
2. Where were Fitzgerald and the two police constables when they disappeared?
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Where does DeFreitas operate his business from?
(a) Trench Town.
(b) Eastwood Park.
(c) Tivoli Gardens.
(d) Ochos Rios.
4. What song does Pao hear in his head when he visits Margy's house?
(a) Chances Are.
(b) Island in the Sun.
(d) Love Letters in the Sand.
5. What year did Zhang leave China?
6. At Green Wall, what animal is dead and bloated at a bus stop?
7. In Chapter 30, what illness does Zhang have?
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
8. On what anniversary of the Paul Bogle Uprising did Edward Seaga make a statement, "Blood for blood"?
9. Now that Fay is back living at her parents', what song does Miss Cicely play on the piano all the time?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) In the Sweet Bye and Bye.
(c) His Eye is on the Sparrow.
(d) Sinners, Turn: Why will You Die?
10. What design is on the handle of DeFreitas' walking stick?
(b) Gold horse head.
(c) Silver fox head.
11. What time of day does it frequently rain in Jamaica?
12. Where does Fay's brother live?
13. When did the government declare a State of Emergency in Western Kingston?
(a) July 18, 1965.
(b) September 5, 1967.
(c) October 2, 1966.
(d) August 17, 1964.
14. What exchange rate, compared to the official exchange rate, does Pao charge to people who come to him for U.S. currency?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 10 times.
15. Where is Esther married?
(a) A Presbyterian Church.
(b) A Lutheran Church.
(c) A Methodist Church.
(d) A Baptist church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pao arranges to meet with Margery in Chapter 36, how many parishes have been declared disaster areas?
2. When is the second State of Emergency since the Independence called?
3. How old is Pao when he feels like he has become a man?
4. When does Edward Seaga become prime minister?
5. What does Gloria give Pao to drink after he visits after the children are kidnapped?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)