|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
(a) Blue Tavern.
(b) Blue Lagoon.
(c) A park.
(d) A church.
2. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
3. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
4. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 100 years.
5. How old is Merleen?
6. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
7. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
8. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
9. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
(a) Michael Williams.
(b) Philip Young.
(c) Matthew Smythe.
(d) Peter Bryant.
10. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) West St.
(b) North St.
(c) Blue St.
(d) Rona St.
11. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
12. Who helps Pao's mother make saltfish fritters?
13. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) September 11.
(b) July 4.
(c) October 7.
(d) August 6.
14. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
15. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
2. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
3. How did Milton's father die?
4. What is the denomination of the church that Dr. Morrison attends?
5. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)