|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
2. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
3. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
4. When does Zhang want to quit his business?
5. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
6. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
7. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
8. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(c) 10 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
9. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
10. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
11. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
(a) Lipton's Yellow Label.
(b) White tea.
(c) Lipton's Green tea.
(d) Black tea.
12. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
13. How old is Merleen?
14. Where did Cecily grow up?
(a) Banana plantation.
(b) Sugar plantation.
(d) Catholic mission.
15. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) West St.
(b) North St.
(c) Rona St.
(d) Blue St.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
2. Where is the bar where Pao and Finley meet an American sergeant to talk business?
3. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
4. How many days was Bustamante in jail for the mayhem in North Parade?
5. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)