|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pao's mother's name?
2. In Chapter 11, how much of Pao's money goes to the police so they look the other way?
3. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
(a) Alpha Academy.
(b) St. Andrew.
(c) St. George.
4. How old is Meacham's daughter?
5. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
(a) A Chinese girl.
(b) A Jamaican girl.
6. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
(a) Fruit punch.
(b) White wine.
(c) Pink champagne.
(d) Red wine.
7. Where was Norman Manley educated?
8. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
9. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Carol Joan Crawford.
(b) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
(c) Janet Mae Jones.
(d) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
10. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
11. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
12. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
13. In what year did Pao's father die?
14. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
15. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(b) Port Moore.
(c) May Pen.
(d) Mona Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
2. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
3. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
4. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
5. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)