|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Milton's father die?
(a) In the Carribbean.
(c) Constant Spring Rd.
(d) At home.
2. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
3. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
4. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Red and grey.
6. How many children does Milton have to care for after his father died?
7. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
8. What is Meacham's daughter's name?
9. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
10. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
(a) A park.
(b) A church.
(c) Blue Lagoon.
(d) Blue Tavern.
11. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
12. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
13. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
14. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Throws it in the garden.
(c) Wears it proudly.
(d) Gives it to her sister.
15. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
2. Where did Judge Finley get married?
3. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
4. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
5. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)