|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
2. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
(a) A Chinese girl.
(b) A Jamaican girl.
3. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
(a) Pink champagne.
(b) White wine.
(c) Fruit punch.
(d) Red wine.
4. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) Philip P. Bliss.
(b) John Newton.
(c) William Cowper.
(d) John Wesley.
5. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
6. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
7. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
8. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
9. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
10. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
(a) Matthew Smythe.
(b) Michael Williams.
(c) Peter Bryant.
(d) Philip Young.
11. Where did Milton's father die?
(a) In the Carribbean.
(b) At home.
(d) Constant Spring Rd.
12. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
13. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
14. How did Milton's father die?
(a) Run down by a drunk Englishman.
(d) House fire.
15. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
2. Where did Judge Finley get married?
3. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
4. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
5. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)