|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
2. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
3. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
4. When does Xiuquan leave Jamaica?
5. How did Milton's father die?
(b) House fire.
(c) Run down by a drunk Englishman.
6. In Chapter 1, what day of the week does Gloria tell Pao that he can come over?
7. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
8. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
9. When does Zhang want to quit his business?
10. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
(c) A Jamaican girl.
(d) A Chinese girl.
11. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
(a) Michael Williams.
(b) Peter Bryant.
(c) Philip Young.
(d) Matthew Smythe.
12. What is the name of the American sergeant who wants to do business with Pao and Finley?
13. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Carol Joan Crawford.
(b) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
(c) Janet Mae Jones.
(d) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
14. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
15. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
2. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
3. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
4. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
5. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)