|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
2. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
3. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) John Wesley.
(b) John Newton.
(c) Philip P. Bliss.
(d) William Cowper.
4. Where do Pao and Hampton rent a shop when they move their surplus?
(a) Main St.
(b) West St.
(c) Monroe St.
(d) Ryan St.
5. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
6. Where was Norman Manley educated?
7. How old is Meacham's daughter?
8. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her godmother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
9. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(a) 25 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
10. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(a) May Pen.
(c) Mona Heights.
(d) Port Moore.
11. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
(a) Montego Bay.
(c) Rio Bueno.
12. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
13. In Chapter 11, how much of Pao's money goes to the police so they look the other way?
14. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
15. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
2. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
3. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
4. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
5. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)