|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
2. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
(d) Khus Khus.
3. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
4. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) July 4.
(b) October 7.
(c) August 6.
(d) September 11.
5. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
6. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) Once a month.
(b) 4 times a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) 3 times a week.
8. What has Samuels' job been since he quit running with DeFreitas?
(a) Cab driver.
9. The ring that Pao buys Fay is __________ gold.
10. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
11. What is the denomination of the church that Dr. Morrison attends?
12. When does Zhang want to quit his business?
13. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
14. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Little flower.
(b) Beautiful one.
(c) Little sister.
(d) Precious one.
15. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 6 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
2. How old is Merleen?
3. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
4. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
5. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)