|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
2. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
3. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
4. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
5. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
6. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
7. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
8. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
9. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
10. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Carol Joan Crawford.
(b) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
(c) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
(d) Janet Mae Jones.
11. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
12. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) Once a week.
(b) 3 times a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) 4 times a month.
13. What color is the vegetable that Pao eats during his honeymoon?
(a) Green and burgundy.
(d) Green and purple.
14. What has Samuels' job been since he quit running with DeFreitas?
(d) Cab driver.
15. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
2. What is Meacham's daughter's name?
3. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
4. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
5. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)