|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the American sergeant who wants to do business with Pao and Finley?
2. What color dress is the woman wearing who appears in the doorway in Chapter 1?
3. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
4. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
5. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
(a) Blue Lagoon.
(b) A church.
(c) A park.
(d) Blue Tavern.
6. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
7. How many children does Milton have to care for after his father died?
8. Where did Cecily grow up?
(a) Sugar plantation.
(c) Banana plantation.
(d) Catholic mission.
9. How long after Milton started following Brown did Brown give Milton a message for Pao?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
(a) Fruit punch.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Pink champagne.
(d) White wine.
11. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) August 6.
(b) September 11.
(c) July 4.
(d) October 7.
12. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
14. What type of ice cream does Cecily like?
15. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fay's mother used to lock Fay when Fay was a child?
2. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
3. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
4. What is Meacham's daughter's name?
5. What animal does Pao compare Gloria to in Chapter 9?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)