|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 7:30 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
2. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
3. How many children does Samuels have?
4. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) Rona St.
(b) Blue St.
(c) North St.
(d) West St.
5. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
(a) Gives it to her sister.
(b) Wears it proudly.
(c) Throws it in the garden.
(d) Sells it.
6. In Chapter 1, what day of the week does Gloria tell Pao that he can come over?
7. How old is Merleen?
8. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
9. What is Meacham's daughter's name?
10. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
11. Where was Norman Manley educated?
12. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
(a) Montego Bay.
(d) Rio Bueno.
13. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
14. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
15. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
2. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
3. When does Xiuquan leave Jamaica?
4. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
5. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)