|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
2. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
(b) A Jamaican girl.
(d) A Chinese girl.
3. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(a) 25 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
4. When does Xiuquan leave Jamaica?
5. Where is the bar where Pao and Finley meet an American sergeant to talk business?
(a) Mission Road.
(b) North St.
(c) Windward Road.
(d) South St.
6. Where did Fay's mother used to lock Fay when Fay was a child?
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Music room.
7. How many children does Samuels have?
8. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
9. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. Where do Pao and Hampton rent a shop when they move their surplus?
(a) Monroe St.
(b) Ryan St.
(c) Main St.
(d) West St.
11. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Beautiful one.
(b) Little flower.
(c) Little sister.
(d) Precious one.
12. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
13. How many years did Father Kealey spend in seminary?
14. What has Samuels' job been since he quit running with DeFreitas?
(d) Cab driver.
15. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
2. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
3. What animal does Pao compare Gloria to in Chapter 9?
4. Where was Norman Manley educated?
5. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)