|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) John Newton.
(b) Philip P. Bliss.
(c) William Cowper.
(d) John Wesley.
2. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. Where was Norman Manley educated?
4. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(a) 25 cents.
(c) 10 cents.
5. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
6. What type of ice cream does Cecily like?
7. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
8. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
(a) Throws it in the garden.
(b) Wears it proudly.
(c) Gives it to her sister.
(d) Sells it.
9. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
10. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
11. What is Meacham's daughter's name?
12. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) Rona St.
(b) North St.
(c) Blue St.
(d) West St.
13. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her godmother.
14. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
15. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
2. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
3. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
4. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
5. What is the name of the American sergeant who wants to do business with Pao and Finley?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)