|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hampton, Judge, and Pao like to eat at their shop?
2. When does Zhang want to quit his business?
3. What has Samuels' job been since he quit running with DeFreitas?
(d) Cab driver.
4. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
5. What color is the vegetable that Pao eats during his honeymoon?
(c) Green and purple.
(d) Green and burgundy.
6. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
7. Where did Fay's mother used to lock Fay when Fay was a child?
(a) Music room.
(c) Her bedroom.
8. What is the name of the American sergeant who wants to do business with Pao and Finley?
9. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
10. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
11. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
(b) A Jamaican girl.
(c) A Chinese girl.
12. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(a) 25 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
13. What is the denomination of the church that Dr. Morrison attends?
14. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
15. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(a) May Pen.
(b) Mona Heights.
(d) Port Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the roofs in China?
2. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
3. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
4. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
5. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)