Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
2. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
3. What type of ice cream does Cecily like?
4. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
5. How many days are spent celebrating the first independence day?
6. The ring that Pao buys Fay is __________ gold.
7. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
(a) Montego Bay.
(c) Rio Bueno.
8. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
9. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
10. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
11. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Precious one.
(b) Little flower.
(c) Beautiful one.
(d) Little sister.
12. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
14. Where is Dr. Morrison from?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(a) Port Moore.
(b) May Pen.
(d) Mona Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
2. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
3. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
4. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
5. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)