|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
2. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
3. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
(a) Blue St.
(b) West St.
(c) Rona St.
(d) North St.
4. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) Philip P. Bliss.
(b) John Wesley.
(c) John Newton.
(d) William Cowper.
5. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
6. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
(a) Red and grey.
(b) Black and white.
7. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
8. Where did Fay's mother used to lock Fay when Fay was a child?
(b) Her bedroom.
(d) Music room.
9. When did Jamaica become independent of Britain?
10. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
11. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) August 6.
(b) September 11.
(c) October 7.
(d) July 4.
12. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
13. Where was Norman Manley educated?
14. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
(d) Khus Khus.
15. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
2. How old is Meacham's daughter?
3. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
4. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
5. What color is the vegetable that Pao eats during his honeymoon?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)