|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
(b) Carol Joan Crawford.
(c) Janet Mae Jones.
(d) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
2. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(a) Port Moore.
(c) May Pen.
(d) Mona Heights.
3. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
4. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
5. What is Pao's mother's name?
6. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
7. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her godmother.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. Who is the writer of the songs that Fay and Father Kealey sing together?
(a) John Newton.
(b) John Wesley.
(c) Philip P. Bliss.
(d) William Cowper.
9. When did Pao come to Jamaica?
10. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
11. The ring that Pao buys Fay is __________ gold.
12. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) Once a month.
(b) 4 times a month.
(c) 3 times a week.
(d) Once a week.
13. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
14. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Little sister.
(b) Beautiful one.
(c) Little flower.
(d) Precious one.
15. When does Xiuquan leave Jamaica?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
2. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
3. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
4. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
5. In Chapter 11, where is a new police sergeant sent to work?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)