|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
2. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
(a) Blue Tavern.
(b) A park.
(c) Blue Lagoon.
(d) A church.
3. Where did Pao come from in China?
4. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
5. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
6. In Chapter 11, how much of Pao's money goes to the police so they look the other way?
7. After Pao and Fay come home to Matthews Lane, for how many weeks does Pao put up with Fay's crying before he talks to her about it?
8. Who helps Pao's mother make saltfish fritters?
9. What name was Pao given when he came to Jamaica?
(a) Peter Bryant.
(b) Michael Williams.
(c) Matthew Smythe.
(d) Philip Young.
10. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
11. How old is Pao when he comes to Jamaica?
12. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
13. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
(a) St. George.
(b) St. Andrew.
(c) Alpha Academy.
14. Where is Dr. Morrison from?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. In Chapter 1, what day of the week does Gloria tell Pao that he can come over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress is the woman wearing who appears in the doorway in Chapter 1?
2. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
3. Whose idea is it to invite Sergeant Brown to address the Wholesale Provision Merchants' Association?
4. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
5. How did Milton's father die?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)