|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the waitress who is with Meacham's daughter during the murders?
2. Where was Norman Manley educated?
3. The ring that Pao buys Fay is __________ gold.
4. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Precious one.
(b) Little flower.
(c) Beautiful one.
(d) Little sister.
5. How many children do Mr. and Mrs. Chin have?
6. What are the kids drinking when Pao goes to the Chinese Athletic Club?
7. Where does Pao meet Brown after Brown gives Milton a message?
(a) Blue Lagoon.
(b) A park.
(c) Blue Tavern.
(d) A church.
8. What animal does Pao compare Gloria to in Chapter 9?
9. When Manly negotiated a new royalty and tax for the mineral found in the 1950s, what was the going rate per ton?
10. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) 3 times a week.
(b) 4 times a month.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
11. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
12. In Chapter 11, how much of Pao's money goes to the police so they look the other way?
13. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
14. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
15. In what year did Pao's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bar where Pao and Finley meet an American sergeant to talk business?
2. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
3. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
4. How did Milton's father die?
5. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)