|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Mao Zedong fight before he won?
2. What does the name mean that Pao gives his daughter with Fay?
(a) Little flower.
(b) Little sister.
(c) Precious one.
(d) Beautiful one.
3. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
4. What did Dr. and Mrs. Morrison name the baby they adopted?
5. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
6. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
(d) Khus Khus.
7. What is the name of the Jamaican woman in the Miss World competition in Chapter 18?
(a) Anna Marie Whitcomb.
(b) Janet Mae Jones.
(c) Rebecca Lynn Wyatt.
(d) Carol Joan Crawford.
8. Where did Judge Finley get married?
(a) Montego Bay.
(b) St. Thomas.
(d) Port Morant.
9. In Chapter 11, how much of Pao's money goes to the police so they look the other way?
10. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
11. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
12. How many children does Milton have to care for after his father died?
13. When does Zhang want to quit his business?
14. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
15. What does Fay do with the ring that Pao buys her in Chapter 12?
(a) Throws it in the garden.
(b) Gives it to her sister.
(c) Wears it proudly.
(d) Sells it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Norman Manley educated?
2. How did Milton's father die?
3. What is Sergeant Brown's first name?
4. How old is Esther when Gloria asks Pao to do something about Esther's schooling?
5. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)