Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color skirt does Esther wear for her school uniform?
(a) Red and grey.
(b) Black and white.
2. What day is the Jamaican independence day?
(a) October 7.
(b) July 4.
(c) August 6.
(d) September 11.
3. What is the name of Cecily Wong's servant who is supposed to gather mangoes from under a tree?
4. What was the rank of the man who got Merleen pregnant?
5. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her godmother.
6. In 1961, how many English-speaking Caribbean islands are there?
7. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
8. Even after his marriage to Fay, what type of tea does Pao drink with Gloria?
(a) Lipton's Green tea.
(b) White tea.
(c) Lipton's Yellow Label.
(d) Black tea.
9. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 300 years.
10. What game does Henry Wong play regularly on Barry Street?
11. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(a) Mona Heights.
(b) May Pen.
(c) Port Moore.
12. Where did Cecily grow up?
(b) Banana plantation.
(c) Catholic mission.
(d) Sugar plantation.
13. What mineral is discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
14. How old is Merleen?
15. In Chapter 11, where is the new police sergeant from?
(a) Rio Bueno.
(b) Montego Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
2. Where was Norman Manley educated?
3. In what school does Gloria enroll Esther?
4. How many courses are served for dinner during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
5. What has Samuels' job been since he quit running with DeFreitas?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)