|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day would Cecily have Earl Grey tea, tin salmon and cucumber sandwiches, and sponge cake served?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
2. In Chapter 12, what type of ring does Pao buy Fay?
3. What language does Pao wish that his mother would use when she speaks to Fay?
4. What color dress is Gloria wearing on the Friday after she learns of Pao's engagement?
5. What does Cicely serve to drink at Pao and Fay's wedding?
(a) Fruit punch.
(b) Pink champagne.
(c) Red wine.
(d) White wine.
6. After Pao learns that Gloria is pregnant, where does he wish she would move?
(a) May Pen.
(c) Mona Heights.
(d) Port Moore.
7. Who does Gloria name her baby after?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her godmother.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. How old is Pao when he is in complete control of Chinatown?
9. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
10. What time is dinner served every evening during Pao and Fay's honeymoon?
(a) 7:30 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
11. How many days elapse from the time that Pao asks Cicely if he can marry Fay and when Pao told Gloria about his marriage?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
12. What does Pao drink with Brown after they agree to work together?
13. Where did Milton's father die?
(a) In the Carribbean.
(b) Constant Spring Rd.
(c) At home.
14. How long had Pao been seeing Gloria when he married Fay Wong?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
15. What is Dr. Morrison's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the going price per ton for the mineral discovered in Jamaica in the 1950s?
2. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
3. Who tells Pao that Gloria has left the Thursday after Pao tells her about his marriage?
4. When does Xiuquan leave Jamaica?
5. How did Milton's father die?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)