Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2
1. What did Gloria ask Pao to do at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does Gloria cook Pao when he comes to dinner for the first time at her house?
3. What were some of the subjects that Gloria and her friends talked about when Pao first came to dinner?
4. How does Pao rationalize his daily visits to Gloria's house?
5. Who is Henry Wong?
6. How does Pao find a way to meet the Wongs?
This section contains 820 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)