Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2
1. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What color dress is the woman wearing who appears in the doorway in Chapter 1?
3. What is Gloria and Marcia's last name?
4. How long had white men been beating Jamaican women?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 300 years.
5. How many ribs did Marcia have broken when she was beaten?
6. How many girls live together in the house where Gloria lives?
7. What is the name of Gloria's perfume?
(d) Khus Khus.
8. Where did Judge Finley get married?
(a) Montego Bay.
(b) Port Morant.
(c) St. Thomas.
9. In Chapter 1, what day of the week does Gloria tell Pao that he can come over?
10. Who does Zhang think that Pao should marry?
(a) A Jamaican girl.
(b) A Chinese girl.
11. In Chapter 3, how often does Pao see Gloria?
(a) Once a month.
(b) 3 times a week.
(c) 4 times a month.
(d) Once a week.
This section contains 2,809 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)