|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Guderian's primary concern, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Proving his innocence.
(b) Defending East Prussia.
(c) Protecting Hitler.
(d) Organizing tank production.
2. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) Intelligence was lacking.
(b) The Russian were too numerous.
(c) Too little fuel was available.
(d) The Panther was still not ready.
3. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
4. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His tendency to stay up late.
(b) His drug use.
(c) His lack of personal connections.
(d) His advanced age.
5. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(a) The allies.
(b) The German General Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in Romania, following the routing of the German-allied Romanian troops?
2. What force catpured Guderian?
3. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
4. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
5. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
2. What was the July 20th plot?
3. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
4. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
5. According to Guderian, how did Hitler come to power?
6. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
7. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
8. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
9. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
10. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)