|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guderian want to send to Africa to help stabilize the collapsing front there?
(a) Heavy assault guns.
(b) Elite SS panzer divisions.
(c) Critical supplies and ammunition.
(d) Experienced tank crews.
2. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(d) Von Brauchitsch.
3. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
4. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(b) Assassinate him.
(c) Challenge him to a duel.
(d) Have him demoted.
5. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Protecting himself.
(b) Never surrendering.
(c) Armored warfare.
(d) Defeating Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
2. What happened to Keitel after the war?
3. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
4. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
5. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
2. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
3. What was the July 20th plot?
4. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
5. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
6. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
7. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
8. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
9. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
10. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)