|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(b) Elite infantry.
(c) Mass murderers.
(d) Hitler's bodyguards.
2. What was the OKH?
(a) The German militia.
(b) The general staff of the army.
(c) The reserve divisions.
(d) The central armored command.
3. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
(a) Its meetings were monitored by the allies.
(b) It was halved in size.
(c) It was controlled by the French and English.
(d) It was disbanded.
4. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was shot for treason.
(c) He went free.
(d) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
5. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(c) Von Brauchitsch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
2. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
3. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
4. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
5. What force catpured Guderian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
2. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
3. What was the July 20th plot?
4. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
5. Why was Guderian interrogated?
6. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
7. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
8. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
9. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
10. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)