|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
(a) A plan to put Hitler under arrest.
(b) A major reorganization of the panzer division.
(c) A revolutionary tank design.
(d) A technical problem in production.
2. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(a) The allies.
(d) The German General Staff.
3. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
4. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
5. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
(a) They left the country.
(b) They were frightened.
(c) They were excited.
(d) They prepared to oppose them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
2. Which of the following best describes the relationship that existed between the German General Staff and the Weimar Republic?
3. When Guderian was promoted to Inspector-General of the Armored Troops, the German infantry largely lacked what vital weapon?
4. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what did the soldier do instead of killing himself?
5. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
2. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
3. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
4. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
5. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
6. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
7. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
8. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
9. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
10. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)