|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resource did Hitler want to protect near Lake Balaton in Hungary?
(a) Industrial facilities.
(b) Oil fields.
(c) Copper and iron mines.
(d) The civilian population.
2. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
3. What was Guderian's primary concern, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Defending East Prussia.
(b) Protecting Hitler.
(c) Proving his innocence.
(d) Organizing tank production.
4. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(a) Total surrender.
(b) A new tank design.
(d) A new offensive.
5. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
2. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
3. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What defensive mistake did Rommel make in dealing with the allied landings at Normandy?
2. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
3. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
4. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
5. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
6. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
7. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
8. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
9. Why was Guderian interrogated?
10. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)