|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guderian described Hitler as being brave in what situations?
(a) During the planning of attacks.
(b) During the execution of offensives.
(c) When things looked worst.
(d) When facing significant opposition.
2. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
3. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
(a) He suggested a defensive strategy.
(b) He contradicted Hitler.
(c) He demanded Germany surrender.
(d) He recommended a separate peace.
4. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He requested a reassingment.
(d) He formally protested.
5. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Defense in depth.
(b) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(c) Feigned retreats.
(d) Frequent counter-attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
2. What was the OKH?
3. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
4. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
5. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)