|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were happy to avoid war.
(b) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(c) They were eager to enter a war.
(d) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
2. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He has too many political connections.
(b) He was a charismatic leader.
(c) He was highly successful.
(d) He was from the military himself.
3. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
(a) Kill himself.
(c) Lead a suicide attack.
(d) Go on a six-week leave.
4. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(b) East Prussia.
5. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Allied bombing.
(b) Complexity of tank designs.
(c) Lack of manpower.
(d) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
2. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
3. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
4. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
5. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
2. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
3. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
4. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
5. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
6. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
7. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
8. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
9. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
10. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)