|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(c) East Prussia.
2. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
3. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(c) Have him demoted.
(d) Challenge him to a duel.
4. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was threatened with arrest.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He was transfered to a new command.
(d) He was demoted.
5. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was highly capable.
(b) He was reasonably capable.
(c) He was incompetant in defense.
(d) He was a failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
2. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
3. What resource did Hitler want to protect near Lake Balaton in Hungary?
4. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
5. What was the OKH?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
2. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
3. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
4. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
5. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
6. Why was Guderian interrogated?
7. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
8. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
9. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
10. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)