|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He went free.
(c) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
(d) He was shot for treason.
2. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It could not have helped Germany.
(b) It was a noble gesture.
(c) It was extremely foolish.
(d) It was treason.
3. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
(a) An insuffiiciently large army.
(b) Swelling ranks.
(c) A lack of leadership.
(d) Difficulty adapting to new technologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 18th, Guderian received a report that von Kluge intended to do what?
2. What was the OKH?
3. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
4. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
5. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
2. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
3. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
4. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
5. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
6. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
7. What defensive mistake did Rommel make in dealing with the allied landings at Normandy?
8. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
9. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
10. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)