|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(c) The Holy German Empire.
2. What was Guderian's association with the "Court of Honor"?
(a) He held veto power over its decisions.
(b) He was its head judge.
(c) He created it.
(d) He was only nominally involved with it.
3. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(c) The German General Staff.
(d) The allies.
4. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(b) They were eager to enter a war.
(c) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
(d) They were happy to avoid war.
5. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His drug use.
(b) His lack of personal connections.
(c) His advanced age.
(d) His tendency to stay up late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
2. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
3. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
4. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
5. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
2. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
3. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
4. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
5. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
6. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
7. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
8. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
9. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
10. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)