|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
2. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His drug use.
(b) His tendency to stay up late.
(c) His lack of personal connections.
(d) His advanced age.
3. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(b) A new tank design.
(c) A new offensive.
(d) Total surrender.
4. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) Inadequite supplies.
(b) All available ammunition.
(c) Contradictory orders.
(d) Inaccurate intelligence.
5. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
(c) He was shot for treason.
(d) He went free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
2. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
3. Which of the following best describes the relationship that existed between the German General Staff and the Weimar Republic?
4. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
5. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
2. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
3. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
4. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
5. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
6. According to Guderian, how did Hitler come to power?
7. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
8. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
9. What was the July 20th plot?
10. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)