|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
2. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
(a) They left the country.
(b) They prepared to oppose them.
(c) They were frightened.
(d) They were excited.
3. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was a noble gesture.
(b) It was treason.
(c) It was extremely foolish.
(d) It could not have helped Germany.
4. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Planning the attack.
(b) Being complicit in the attack.
(c) Spying for the allies.
(d) Giving information to the allies.
5. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
2. What was Guderian's association with the "Court of Honor"?
3. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
4. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
5. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)