|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(d) Von Brauchitsch.
2. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) His wife was killed.
(b) He lost his hearing.
(c) He barely escaped injury.
(d) He lost his leg.
3. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
(a) It instigated many of Germany's war crimes.
(b) It controlled more of Germany than most suspect.
(c) It never met after 1938.
(d) It only existed on paper; it had no real members.
4. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
(a) Lack of anti-tank weapons.
(b) Lack of a serviceable heavy tank.
(c) The poor training of his men.
(d) Allied air-superiority.
5. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) Too little fuel was available.
(b) The Russian were too numerous.
(c) Intelligence was lacking.
(d) The Panther was still not ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
2. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
3. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
4. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
5. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
2. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
3. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
4. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
5. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
6. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
7. What defensive mistake did Rommel make in dealing with the allied landings at Normandy?
8. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
9. What was the July 20th plot?
10. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)