|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
(b) They were happy to avoid war.
(c) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(d) They were eager to enter a war.
2. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
(a) Military genius and accumen.
(b) Speaking abilities and willpower.
(c) Genuine love for the German people and courage.
(d) Far-reaching strategy and fast decision-making.
3. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Go on a six-week leave.
(d) Lead a suicide attack.
4. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
(a) Heavy casualties.
(b) Loss of leadership.
(c) Poor morale.
(d) Total disorganization.
5. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(b) Frequent counter-attacks.
(c) Feigned retreats.
(d) Defense in depth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
2. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
3. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
4. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
5. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
2. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
3. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
4. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
5. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
6. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
7. Why was Guderian interrogated?
8. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
9. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
10. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)