|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was shot for treason.
(b) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He went free.
2. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
(a) Turn himself in for arrest.
(b) Surrender his forces.
(c) Endorse Guderian for a promotion.
(d) Give up his military post.
3. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(a) The Holy German Empire.
4. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
5. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Lack of manpower.
(b) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
(c) Allied bombing.
(d) Complexity of tank designs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
2. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
3. Guderian described Hitler as being brave in what situations?
4. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
5. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
2. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
3. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
4. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
5. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
6. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
7. What was the July 20th plot?
8. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
9. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
10. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)