|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It could not have helped Germany.
(b) It was a noble gesture.
(c) It was treason.
(d) It was extremely foolish.
2. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
(a) By corrupt kleptocrats.
(b) By district organizers.
(c) By many different organizations.
(d) By the Nazi Party alone.
3. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) All available ammunition.
(b) Inaccurate intelligence.
(c) Contradictory orders.
(d) Inadequite supplies.
4. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) They be dishonorably discharged.
(b) Their armbands be removed.
(c) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
(d) Every tenth man be executed.
5. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
(a) Total disorganization.
(b) Loss of leadership.
(c) Poor morale.
(d) Heavy casualties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
2. What force catpured Guderian?
3. On July 18th, Guderian received a report that von Kluge intended to do what?
4. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
5. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
2. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
3. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
4. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
5. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
6. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
7. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
8. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
9. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
10. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)