|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(a) Elite infantry.
(c) Hitler's bodyguards.
(d) Mass murderers.
2. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(b) Von Brauchitsch.
3. What occurred in Romania, following the routing of the German-allied Romanian troops?
(a) An armistice.
(b) A guerrilla war.
(c) A communist revolution.
(d) A coup d'etat.
4. Which of the following best describes the relationship that existed between the German General Staff and the Weimar Republic?
5. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was from the military himself.
(b) He was highly successful.
(c) He was a charismatic leader.
(d) He has too many political connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
2. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
3. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. What recommendation did Hitler make to Guderian, during their discussions, during the events of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
2. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
3. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
4. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
5. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
6. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
7. Why was Guderian interrogated?
8. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
9. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
10. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)