|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
(b) The Ardennes.
(c) The Maginot line.
(d) The West Wall.
2. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
3. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(b) A new offensive.
(c) A new tank design.
(d) Total surrender.
4. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(b) The German General Staff.
(d) The allies.
5. How did Guderian feel about the coup plotters of July 20th?
(a) He felt their methods were flawed.
(b) He saw them as heroes.
(c) He wished he had joined them.
(d) He saw them as traitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Guderian's primary concern, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
2. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
3. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
4. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
5. When was Guderian captured?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)