|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(c) Challenge him to a duel.
(d) Have him demoted.
2. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
3. When was Guderian captured?
(a) March 3rd.
(b) June 22nd.
(c) May 10th.
(d) December 7th.
4. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
(b) Their armbands be removed.
(c) Every tenth man be executed.
(d) They be dishonorably discharged.
5. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Protecting himself.
(b) Armored warfare.
(c) Never surrendering.
(d) Defeating Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
2. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
3. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
4. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
5. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
2. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
3. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
4. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
5. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
6. According to Guderian, how did Hitler come to power?
7. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
8. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
9. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
10. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)