|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(b) The Holy German Empire.
2. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
3. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(b) A new offensive.
(c) Total surrender.
(d) A new tank design.
4. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was reasonably capable.
(b) He was highly capable.
(c) He was a failure.
(d) He was incompetant in defense.
5. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
(a) Turn himself in for arrest.
(b) Surrender his forces.
(c) Give up his military post.
(d) Endorse Guderian for a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
2. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
3. The OKW was created to act as which of the following?
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
2. What problem limited production in Germany in 1943?
3. What war did the tradition of the German General Staff date back to?
4. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
5. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
6. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
7. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
8. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
9. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
10. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)