|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
2. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(d) Von Brauchitsch.
3. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was a failure.
(b) He was highly capable.
(c) He was incompetant in defense.
(d) He was reasonably capable.
4. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
5. What was Guderian's association with the "Court of Honor"?
(a) He held veto power over its decisions.
(b) He was only nominally involved with it.
(c) He created it.
(d) He was its head judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
2. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
3. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
4. What recommendation did Hitler make to Guderian, during their discussions, during the events of Chapter 12?
5. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
2. According to Guderian, how did Hitler come to power?
3. What defensive mistakes did Hitler constantly make during the allied advances in Europe?
4. Why was Guderian interrogated?
5. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
6. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
7. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
8. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
9. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
10. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)