|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was from the military himself.
(b) He has too many political connections.
(c) He was a charismatic leader.
(d) He was highly successful.
2. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
(a) During the final months of the war.
(b) When the allies liberated Normandy.
(c) After the battle of Stalingrad.
(d) After the failure near Moscow.
3. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Defeating Stalin.
(b) Protecting himself.
(c) Armored warfare.
(d) Never surrendering.
4. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(a) Hitler's bodyguards.
(b) Elite infantry.
(d) Mass murderers.
5. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
Short Answer Questions
1. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
2. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
3. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
4. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
5. What did Guderian want to send to Africa to help stabilize the collapsing front there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the July 20th plot?
2. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
3. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
4. Why was Guderian interrogated?
5. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
6. What defensive mistake did Rommel make in dealing with the allied landings at Normandy?
7. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
8. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
9. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
10. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)