|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
(a) It was disbanded.
(b) It was halved in size.
(c) Its meetings were monitored by the allies.
(d) It was controlled by the French and English.
2. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
3. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Grand Court.
(b) The Reichstag.
(c) The People's Court.
(d) The German Civil Court.
4. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(b) The Holy German Empire.
5. What was the OKH?
(a) The reserve divisions.
(b) The general staff of the army.
(c) The German militia.
(d) The central armored command.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
2. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
3. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
4. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
5. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the opinions about entering into war different for Hitler and for the General Staff?
2. What rumor did Guderian hear about Field Marshal von Kluge on July 18th?
3. Describe the political structure of Germany during the war, according to Guderian.
4. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
5. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
6. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
7. What was the result of the July 20th plot?
8. Why was Guderian relieved from his command after the failed attack on the fortress?
9. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
10. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)