|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
(b) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
(c) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
(d) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
2. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 84th Infantry Division.
(b) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(c) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(d) The 2nd Panzer Division.
3. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Fierce Polish resistance.
(b) A shortage of bridging equipment.
(c) Intense artillery shelling.
4. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A mutual defense pact.
(b) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
(c) A non-aggression pact.
(d) A secret alliance.
5. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He could not get to Berlin.
(b) He had too many political enemies.
(c) He was not liked at home.
(d) He was seriously ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
2. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
3. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
4. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
5. How many children did Guderian have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
2. How did Germany prepare to counter the T34 tank?
3. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
4. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
5. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
6. What was Guderian's military service before World War I?
7. What tactical considerations did Guderian insist on in the planning of the invasion of France?
8. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
9. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
10. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)