|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They were demoted.
(b) They were also promoted.
(c) They were tried for treason.
(d) They defected.
2. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(a) I.G. Farben.
3. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(b) It meant he had conquered Austria.
(c) He remembered it from his childhood.
(d) He was struck by its beauty.
4. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) The Manstein plan.
(b) The Guderian plan.
(c) The Schlieffen plan.
(d) His own plan.
5. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(b) Fierce Polish resistance.
(c) A shortage of bridging equipment.
(d) Intense artillery shelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
2. How many children did Guderian have?
3. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
4. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
5. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Guderian's military service before World War I?
2. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
3. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
4. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
5. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
6. What factors made tank production and maintenance more difficult in 1942?
7. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
8. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
9. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
10. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)