|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of strategic thinking about the use of tanks in the German high command as of 1938?
(a) They were not accepted as effective weapons.
(b) There was still disagreement about their use.
(c) There was complete agreement about their use.
(d) They had become the center of the German military.
2. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(a) Major General.
(c) Field Marshal.
(d) Lieutenant General.
3. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
(a) He sent scouts into the city.
(b) He demanded Polish forces surrender.
(c) He began an artillery bobmardment.
(d) He surrounded the city.
4. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) His own plan.
(b) The Guderian plan.
(c) The Manstein plan.
(d) The Schlieffen plan.
5. What disadvantage did the Russians face in their defense of the region around Smolensk?
(a) They had lost their chain of command.
(b) Their forces were mostly militia.
(c) They had no air force.
(d) They had no winter clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
2. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
3. Guderian's role in his new position centered around what?
4. How many children did Guderian have?
5. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
2. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
3. What argument did Guderian have with the German high command about how to prevent the Russians from forming a defensive line?
4. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
5. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
6. What did the Russian army do in Poland during Germany's invasion?
7. How did Guderian's military career change in 1921?
8. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
9. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
10. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)