|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(b) I.G. Farben.
2. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) August 9th, 1940.
(b) December 28th, 1939.
(c) May 10th, 1940.
(d) January 2nd, 1940.
3. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He was seriously ill.
(b) He was not liked at home.
(c) He had too many political enemies.
(d) He could not get to Berlin.
4. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
(a) They did not attack while Germany invaded Poland.
(b) They lacked of offensive weapons.
(c) They were traditionally averse to conflict.
(d) They were dug in and defending.
5. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) General of the Mobile Command.
(b) General of the Panzer Armies.
(c) East Army Commandant.
(d) Mobile Operations Commisar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
2. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
3. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
4. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
5. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactical considerations did Guderian insist on in the planning of the invasion of France?
2. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
3. How did Hitler gain diplomatic approval for the occupation of the Sudetenland?
4. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
5. How did Guderian's military career change in 1921?
6. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
7. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
8. What was Guderian's military service before World War I?
9. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
10. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)