|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
(a) July 3rd.
(b) December 7th.
(c) August 12th.
(d) September 1st.
2. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
(a) The General Staff.
(b) The Mechanized Army.
(c) The Air Ministry.
(d) The Home Front.
3. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
4. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By using an improvised bridge.
(b) By assault boat.
(c) By using captured barges.
(d) By floating tanks on pontoons.
5. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
(c) Tank production.
(d) Iron deposits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
2. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
3. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
4. How long did Germany expect the invasion of Russia to take?
5. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Russian army do in Poland during Germany's invasion?
2. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
3. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
4. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
5. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
6. What was Guderian's mission in the invasion of Poland.
7. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
8. How did Germany prepare to counter the T34 tank?
9. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
10. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)