|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They were tried for treason.
(b) They were also promoted.
(c) They defected.
(d) They were demoted.
2. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
(b) A non-aggression pact.
(c) A secret alliance.
(d) A mutual defense pact.
3. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(d) I.G. Farben.
4. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(a) Direct tank assaults.
(b) Air superiority.
(d) Fast advances.
5. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
2. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
3. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
4. What was Guderian's father's profession?
5. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plan advocated by Field Marshall Manstein for the invasion of France.
2. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
3. What happened in Linz during the German march on Austria?
4. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
5. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
6. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
7. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
8. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
9. What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia after Germany occupied the Sudetenland?
10. What was Guderian's mission in the invasion of Poland.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)