|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Germany expect the invasion of Russia to take?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 60 weeks.
(d) 30 weeks.
2. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
3. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(b) A review.
(c) An apology.
(d) An honorable discharge.
4. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
5. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The center.
(b) The left flank.
(c) The defended rivers.
(d) The right flank.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
2. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
3. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
4. What type of vehicle was the Tiger?
5. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
Short Essay Questions
1. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
2. What argument did Guderian have with the German high command about how to prevent the Russians from forming a defensive line?
3. What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia after Germany occupied the Sudetenland?
4. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
5. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
6. What factors made tank production and maintenance more difficult in 1942?
7. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
8. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
9. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
10. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)