|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
(b) The German Air Force.
(c) The term for German armored units.
(d) German paratroopers.
2. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
3. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) The position opened more options for promotion.
(b) The position gave him access to more resources.
(c) Honor and pride demanded he accept.
(d) Hitler insisted he accept.
4. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With flowers.
(c) With token hostile resistance.
(d) As occupying foreigners.
5. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He married.
(b) He renounced his faith.
(c) He enlisted in the army.
(d) He became a German citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
2. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
3. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
4. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
5. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
2. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
3. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
4. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
5. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
6. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
7. As of March 1942, how was Germany governed?
8. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
9. Describe the plan advocated by Field Marshall Manstein for the invasion of France.
10. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)