|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A light tank.
(b) A tank-destroyer.
(c) An armored personnel carrier.
(d) A heavy tank.
2. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(b) An apology.
(c) A review.
(d) An honorable discharge.
3. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
4. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He ordered a withdrawal.
(b) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
(c) He bungled an offensive.
(d) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
5. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
(a) Himmler and the SS.
(b) General von Kliest and his XII Corps.
(c) Rommel and his IX Corps.
(d) Goering and the Luftwaffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
2. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
3. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
4. How many children did Guderian have?
5. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
2. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
3. What problems did the German General Staff face in the inter-war period?
4. How did Hitler gain diplomatic approval for the occupation of the Sudetenland?
5. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
6. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
7. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
8. Explain the forces that made up a panzer division.
9. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
10. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)