|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
(a) Close air and ground support.
(b) Attacks from multiple fronts.
(c) Mobile fronts and supply lines.
(d) Penetration without regard to flanks.
2. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
(a) They did not attack while Germany invaded Poland.
(b) They lacked of offensive weapons.
(c) They were traditionally averse to conflict.
(d) They were dug in and defending.
3. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
4. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By using captured barges.
(b) By using an improvised bridge.
(c) By floating tanks on pontoons.
(d) By assault boat.
5. How many children did Guderian have?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) A son and a daughter.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Two sons and a daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
2. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
3. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
4. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
5. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
2. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
3. What was Guderian's mission in the invasion of Poland.
4. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
5. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
6. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
7. What happened in Linz during the German march on Austria?
8. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
9. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
10. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)