|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of strategic thinking about the use of tanks in the German high command as of 1938?
(a) They had become the center of the German military.
(b) They were not accepted as effective weapons.
(c) There was complete agreement about their use.
(d) There was still disagreement about their use.
2. What nation used tanks in WWI?
3. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) River Brahe.
(b) The Bug River.
(c) The Vistula.
(d) The Odra River.
4. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(b) Fast advances.
(c) Air superiority.
(d) Direct tank assaults.
5. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(d) I.G. Farben.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
2. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
3. What units was Guderian given command over for the attack on Brest-Litovsk?
4. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
5. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
2. What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia after Germany occupied the Sudetenland?
3. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
4. What was Guderian's military service before World War I?
5. What argument did Guderian have with the German high command about how to prevent the Russians from forming a defensive line?
6. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
7. What tactical considerations did Guderian insist on in the planning of the invasion of France?
8. How did Guderian's military career change in 1921?
9. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
10. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)