|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Field Marshal Manstein advocated a strategy that would center on an invasion of Belgium and what other nation?
(d) The Netherlands.
2. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
3. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
(a) The Vienna Accord.
(b) The Salzburg Conference.
(c) The Munich Conference.
(d) The Berlin Diet.
4. What major advantage did tanks have over artillery?
(a) They were easier to hide.
(b) They had more firepower.
(c) They required less support.
(d) They could deliver firepower to specific targets.
5. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
(a) October 1938.
(b) June 1938.
(c) September 1939.
(d) March 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
2. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
3. What happened to the Austrian army after the successful German march on that nation?
4. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
5. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
2. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
3. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
4. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
5. How did Guderian's military career change in 1921?
6. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
7. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
8. Describe the plan advocated by Field Marshall Manstein for the invasion of France.
9. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
10. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)