|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
(a) Guderian must halt his advance.
(b) Guderian must retreat.
(c) Guderian must use tanks only in a support role.
(d) Guderian must give up his command.
2. What was Guderian's father's profession?
(c) Military officer.
3. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The XIX Army Corps.
(b) The Combined Armored Corps.
(c) Army Group V.
(d) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
4. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
(b) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
(c) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(d) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
5. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
2. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
3. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
4. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
5. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
2. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
3. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
4. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
5. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
6. As of March 1942, how was Germany governed?
7. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
8. What happened in Linz during the German march on Austria?
9. What tactical considerations did Guderian insist on in the planning of the invasion of France?
10. What was Guderian's mission in the invasion of Poland.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)