|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
(a) There was a large German population there.
(b) The occupation would require little violence.
(c) The region was home to failed states.
(d) The current ruler was an internationally unloved dictator.
2. What nation used tanks in WWI?
3. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
4. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
(a) Lack of strategic resources.
(b) Constant modifications to tank designs.
(c) Allied bombing.
(d) Lack of trained personnel.
5. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) It meant he had conquered Austria.
(b) He remembered it from his childhood.
(c) He was struck by its beauty.
(d) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
2. Why was Guderian not satisfied with the results of the armistice with France?
3. How many Panzer divisions were formed by 1935?
4. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
5. Guderian's concept of the "panzer division" had what distinction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Russian army do in Poland during Germany's invasion?
2. What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia after Germany occupied the Sudetenland?
3. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
4. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
5. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
6. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
7. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
8. As of March 1942, how was Germany governed?
9. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
10. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)