|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The term for German armored units.
(b) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
(c) The German Air Force.
(d) German paratroopers.
2. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
(b) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
(c) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
(d) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
3. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The center.
(b) The right flank.
(c) The defended rivers.
(d) The left flank.
4. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(b) Armored cars.
(c) Self-propelled artillery.
(d) Self-propelled guns.
5. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For avoiding war.
(b) For expanding German territory.
(c) For giving him a promotion.
(d) For restoring German pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
2. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
3. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
4. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
5. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
2. What kind of audience did Guderian seek in Chapter 12?
3. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
4. What defensive mistake did Rommel make in dealing with the allied landings at Normandy?
5. What special authority did Guderian seek from general Schmundt?
6. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
7. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
8. Summarize Hitler's plan for Barbarossa, the invasion of Russia.
9. Summarize Guderian's opinion of Hitler's overall strategic mistakes.
10. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)