|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
2. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
(a) June 1938.
(b) March 1939.
(c) October 1938.
(d) September 1939.
3. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) The Manstein plan.
(b) The Schlieffen plan.
(c) His own plan.
(d) The Guderian plan.
4. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
5. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Luftwaffe?
2. How many children did Guderian have?
3. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
4. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
5. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
2. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
3. What happened when the Russians invaded German-allied Romania?
4. Explain the forces that made up a panzer division.
5. Why was Guderian interrogated?
6. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
7. What personal danger did Guderian face in Chapter 12?
8. Describe the plan advocated by Field Marshall Manstein for the invasion of France.
9. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
10. What factors caused the German General Staff to adopt strategies for motorized and tank warfare?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)