|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He had too many political enemies.
(b) He was not liked at home.
(c) He was seriously ill.
(d) He could not get to Berlin.
2. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
(a) He began an artillery bobmardment.
(b) He surrounded the city.
(c) He sent scouts into the city.
(d) He demanded Polish forces surrender.
3. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(b) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(c) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(d) The 84th Infantry Division.
4. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) East Army Commandant.
(b) General of the Mobile Command.
(c) Mobile Operations Commisar.
(d) General of the Panzer Armies.
5. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
(d) Sea lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
2. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
3. Guderian's role in his new position centered around what?
4. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
5. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulties did Guderian face in the march on Austria?
2. How did Hitler gain diplomatic approval for the occupation of the Sudetenland?
3. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
4. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
5. What was Guderian's military service before World War I?
6. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
7. What argument did Guderian have with the German high command about how to prevent the Russians from forming a defensive line?
8. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
9. What was the impact of the T34 tank on the German military?
10. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)