|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
(b) The English had landed.
(c) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(d) The French were well fortified in this area.
2. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He was seriously ill.
(b) He had too many political enemies.
(c) He was not liked at home.
(d) He could not get to Berlin.
3. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
(b) It only existed on paper.
(c) It included no small arms.
(d) It was armed with dummy weapons.
4. What happened to the Austrian army after the successful German march on that nation?
(a) It was disbanded.
(b) It was turned into a police force.
(c) It was reduced to a small fraction of its original size.
(d) It was incorporated into the German army.
5. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
2. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
3. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
4. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
5. What was Guderian's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Linz during the German march on Austria?
2. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
3. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
4. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
5. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
6. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
7. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
8. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
9. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
10. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)