|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
2. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
(a) There was a large German population there.
(b) The current ruler was an internationally unloved dictator.
(c) The occupation would require little violence.
(d) The region was home to failed states.
3. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He could not get to Berlin.
(b) He had too many political enemies.
(c) He was seriously ill.
(d) He was not liked at home.
4. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) The experimental tanks often broke down.
(b) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
(c) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(d) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
5. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(b) Armored cars.
(c) Self-propelled artillery.
(d) Self-propelled guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
2. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
3. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
4. How many Panzer divisions were formed by 1935?
5. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia after Germany occupied the Sudetenland?
2. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
3. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
4. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
5. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
6. What factors made tank production and maintenance more difficult in 1942?
7. What did Guderian do while on inactive service?
8. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
9. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
10. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)