|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They were demoted.
(b) They were tried for treason.
(c) They defected.
(d) They were also promoted.
2. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
3. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) He was struck by its beauty.
(b) He remembered it from his childhood.
(c) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(d) It meant he had conquered Austria.
4. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
(b) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
(c) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
(d) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
5. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
(a) Command, intelligence, and control.
(b) Supply and logistics.
(c) Land doctrine and air support.
(d) Military history and mobile warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
2. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
3. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
4. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
5. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
2. As of March 1942, how was Germany governed?
3. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
4. What factors made tank production and maintenance more difficult in 1942?
5. How did Hitler gain diplomatic approval for the occupation of the Sudetenland?
6. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
7. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
8. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
9. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
10. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)