|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
(a) They were traditionally averse to conflict.
(b) They did not attack while Germany invaded Poland.
(c) They lacked of offensive weapons.
(d) They were dug in and defending.
2. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(b) The 84th Infantry Division.
(c) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(d) The 2nd Panzer Division.
3. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He was not liked at home.
(b) He was seriously ill.
(c) He could not get to Berlin.
(d) He had too many political enemies.
4. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
(a) He was descended from a noble line.
(b) He had an enormous personal fortune.
(c) He received an award.
(d) He held the rank of Field Marshal.
5. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For avoiding war.
(b) For giving him a promotion.
(c) For restoring German pride.
(d) For expanding German territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
2. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
3. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
4. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
5. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
2. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
3. How did Hitler gain diplomatic approval for the occupation of the Sudetenland?
4. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
5. In 1933, how did the various leaders of the German military feel about tanks?
6. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
7. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
8. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
9. Why did the German forces face difficulties during the first winter of the Russian campaign.
10. How did Germany prepare to counter the T34 tank?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)