|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
(a) Von Kluge's influence in the General Staff.
(b) Hitler's totalitarian dictatorship.
(c) His lack of political connections.
(d) His lack of noble breeding.
2. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
(a) Anti-tank weapons.
(b) Motorized infantry.
(c) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
3. Field Marshal Manstein advocated a strategy that would center on an invasion of Belgium and what other nation?
(c) The Netherlands.
4. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(b) The experimental tanks often broke down.
(c) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
(d) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
5. What disadvantage did the Russians face in their defense of the region around Smolensk?
(a) They had no air force.
(b) Their forces were mostly militia.
(c) They had lost their chain of command.
(d) They had no winter clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle was the Tiger?
2. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
3. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
4. What nation used tanks in WWI?
5. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well did Himmler fare as the leader of Army Group Vistula?
2. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
3. What is the role of the "Court of Honor"?
4. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
5. What faults did Guderian credit for Hitler's declining capabilities?
6. How did Hitler gain diplomatic approval for the occupation of the Sudetenland?
7. What did the Russian army do in Poland during Germany's invasion?
8. What was the reaction in the Sudetenland when German motorized troops arrived?
9. Summarize Guderian's order and actions during the push to the channel ports.
10. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)