|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) September 1st.
(b) September 8th.
(c) November 5th.
(d) December 1st.
2. How many children did Guderian have?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) A son and a daughter.
(c) Two sons and a daughter.
(d) Two sons.
3. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
(a) Guderian must retreat.
(b) Guderian must give up his command.
(c) Guderian must halt his advance.
(d) Guderian must use tanks only in a support role.
4. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
5. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
(b) German paratroopers.
(c) The term for German armored units.
(d) The German Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
2. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
3. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
4. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
5. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
2. How did Germany prepare to counter the T34 tank?
3. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
4. What post did Hitler want to promote Guderian to; why was Guderian hesitant, and what was the outcome of the offer?
5. When and by whom were tanks first introduced?
6. How did Guderian quickly create an effective staff for his new command as Inspector-General of the Armored Troops?
7. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
8. Describe the Schlieffen Plan for the invasion of France.
9. What major attack did Hitler order for Army Group Vistula during the events of Chapter 12?
10. Why did Hitler forbid ground units to attack the routed English army at Dunkirk?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)