|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(c) I.G. Farben.
2. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
(b) Heavy tanks.
(d) Motorized infantry.
3. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
(a) Attacks from multiple fronts.
(b) Close air and ground support.
(c) Penetration without regard to flanks.
(d) Mobile fronts and supply lines.
4. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
(a) Trench warfare.
(c) Tank warfare.
(d) Combined Arms.
5. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
2. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
3. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
4. When was Heinz Guderian born?
5. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
2. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
3. How did Guderian's military career change in 1921?
4. Why did von Kluge threaten to court-martial Guderian and Hoth?
5. What tactical considerations did Guderian insist on in the planning of the invasion of France?
6. What did the Russian army do in Poland during Germany's invasion?
7. How did Germany prepare to counter the T34 tank?
8. What was Guderian unsettled by during the interlude between campaigns?
9. Why did Guderian believe France wanted to avoid real fighting?
10. As of March 1942, how was Germany governed?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)