|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) September 1st.
(b) December 1st.
(c) September 8th.
(d) November 5th.
2. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) Mobile Operations Commisar.
(b) General of the Mobile Command.
(c) East Army Commandant.
(d) General of the Panzer Armies.
3. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(b) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
(c) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
(d) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
4. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He ordered a withdrawal.
(b) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
(c) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
(d) He bungled an offensive.
5. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(a) Air superiority.
(b) Direct tank assaults.
(d) Fast advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation used tanks in WWI?
2. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
3. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
4. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
5. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Guderian not satisfied after the armistice with France?
2. What was the significance of Kuln to Guderian?
3. Describe some of the advantages of tanks over other military units and formations.
4. Why was Hitler affected by his visit to Linz?
5. How did Germany prepare to counter the T34 tank?
6. Describe the basic components of a Panzer division.
7. What diplomatic event immediately proceeded the invasion of Poland?
8. What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia after Germany occupied the Sudetenland?
9. How did Guderian's military career change in 1921?
10. What argument did Guderian have with the German high command about how to prevent the Russians from forming a defensive line?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)