|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(d) Von Brauchitsch.
2. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The English.
(d) The French.
3. When was Guderian captured?
(a) June 22nd.
(b) March 3rd.
(c) May 10th.
(d) December 7th.
4. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Lack of manpower.
(b) Allied bombing.
(c) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
(d) Complexity of tank designs.
5. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
(a) Military genius and accumen.
(b) Speaking abilities and willpower.
(c) Far-reaching strategy and fast decision-making.
(d) Genuine love for the German people and courage.
6. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
(b) Upper Silesia.
(c) East Prussia.
(d) The Rhineland.
7. What happened to Keitel after the war?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was executed at Nuremburg.
(c) He escaped to Argentina.
(d) He was sentenced to life in prison.
8. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
(a) They left the country.
(b) They prepared to oppose them.
(c) They were frightened.
(d) They were excited.
9. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
(a) The mouth of the Somme.
(b) The Netherlands.
10. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
(a) Difficulty adapting to new technologies.
(b) Swelling ranks.
(c) An insuffiiciently large army.
(d) A lack of leadership.
11. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
12. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was treason.
(b) It was a noble gesture.
(c) It could not have helped Germany.
(d) It was extremely foolish.
13. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) Inaccurate intelligence.
(b) Inadequite supplies.
(c) Contradictory orders.
(d) All available ammunition.
14. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Grand Court.
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The German Civil Court.
(d) The Reichstag.
15. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(b) Feigned retreats.
(c) Frequent counter-attacks.
(d) Defense in depth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
2. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
3. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
4. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
5. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)