|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was livid.
(b) He was calm.
(c) He was determined to seek revenge.
(d) He was unmoved.
2. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) The Russian were too numerous.
(b) Too little fuel was available.
(c) Intelligence was lacking.
(d) The Panther was still not ready.
3. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(a) East Prussia.
4. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It could not have helped Germany.
(b) It was extremely foolish.
(c) It was a noble gesture.
(d) It was treason.
5. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(b) Von Brauchitsch.
6. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The French.
(d) The English.
7. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
(a) Go on a six-week leave.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Lead a suicide attack.
8. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Defense in depth.
(b) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(c) Feigned retreats.
(d) Frequent counter-attacks.
9. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
10. How did Guderian feel about the coup plotters of July 20th?
(a) He saw them as traitors.
(b) He wished he had joined them.
(c) He felt their methods were flawed.
(d) He saw them as heroes.
11. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was a charismatic leader.
(b) He has too many political connections.
(c) He was from the military himself.
(d) He was highly successful.
12. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
(a) During the final months of the war.
(b) After the failure near Moscow.
(c) After the battle of Stalingrad.
(d) When the allies liberated Normandy.
13. What resource did Hitler want to protect near Lake Balaton in Hungary?
(a) Oil fields.
(b) The civilian population.
(c) Industrial facilities.
(d) Copper and iron mines.
14. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) They be dishonorably discharged.
(b) Every tenth man be executed.
(c) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
(d) Their armbands be removed.
15. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
(a) Give up his military post.
(b) Turn himself in for arrest.
(c) Endorse Guderian for a promotion.
(d) Surrender his forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred in Romania, following the routing of the German-allied Romanian troops?
2. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
3. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
4. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
5. When was Guderian captured?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)