|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Keitel after the war?
(a) He escaped to Argentina.
(b) He was executed at Nuremburg.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was sentenced to life in prison.
2. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Frequent counter-attacks.
(b) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(c) Feigned retreats.
(d) Defense in depth.
3. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
4. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Protecting himself.
(b) Defeating Stalin.
(c) Armored warfare.
(d) Never surrendering.
5. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
6. When Guderian was promoted to Inspector-General of the Armored Troops, the German infantry largely lacked what vital weapon?
(a) Assault rifles.
(c) High-caliber rifles.
(d) Anti-tank weapons.
7. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Giving information to the allies.
(b) Being complicit in the attack.
(c) Spying for the allies.
(d) Planning the attack.
8. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was threatened with arrest.
(b) He was transfered to a new command.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He was promoted.
9. On July 18th, Guderian received a report that von Kluge intended to do what?
(a) Defect to the allies.
(b) Launch a huge offensive.
(c) Surrender his forces.
(d) Declare an armistice in the West.
10. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It could not have helped Germany.
(b) It was treason.
(c) It was extremely foolish.
(d) It was a noble gesture.
11. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what did the soldier do instead of killing himself?
(a) He broke his own leg.
(b) He deserted to the Americans.
(c) He posed as a civilian.
(d) He deserted to the Russians.
12. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Have him demoted.
(b) Challenge him to a duel.
(c) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(d) Assassinate him.
13. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(c) The allies.
(d) The German General Staff.
14. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
(a) A revolutionary tank design.
(b) A plan to put Hitler under arrest.
(c) A technical problem in production.
(d) A major reorganization of the panzer division.
15. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) His wife was killed.
(b) He lost his hearing.
(c) He barely escaped injury.
(d) He lost his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
2. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
3. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
4. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
5. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)