|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) Contradictory orders.
(b) Inadequite supplies.
(c) All available ammunition.
(d) Inaccurate intelligence.
2. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was transfered to a new command.
(b) He was threatened with arrest.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He was promoted.
3. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
(c) Von Kluge.
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(b) The German General Staff.
(c) The allies.
6. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
7. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was reasonably capable.
(b) He was a failure.
(c) He was highly capable.
(d) He was incompetant in defense.
8. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Challenge him to a duel.
(b) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(c) Have him demoted.
(d) Assassinate him.
9. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
(a) By the Nazi Party alone.
(b) By corrupt kleptocrats.
(c) By district organizers.
(d) By many different organizations.
10. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Grand Court.
(b) The German Civil Court.
(c) The Reichstag.
(d) The People's Court.
11. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
12. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
(a) The poor training of his men.
(b) Lack of anti-tank weapons.
(c) Allied air-superiority.
(d) Lack of a serviceable heavy tank.
13. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
(b) He requested a reassingment.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He formally protested.
14. What recommendation did Hitler make to Guderian, during their discussions, during the events of Chapter 12?
(a) He should go on sick leave.
(b) He should make his own decisions.
(c) He should take over the armed forces.
(d) He should kill himself.
15. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
(a) A major reorganization of the panzer division.
(b) A revolutionary tank design.
(c) A plan to put Hitler under arrest.
(d) A technical problem in production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the OKH?
2. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
3. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
4. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
5. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)