|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
2. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
3. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was treason.
(b) It was a noble gesture.
(c) It could not have helped Germany.
(d) It was extremely foolish.
4. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
5. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
(a) It was disbanded.
(b) Its meetings were monitored by the allies.
(c) It was controlled by the French and English.
(d) It was halved in size.
6. On July 18th, Guderian received a report that von Kluge intended to do what?
(a) Surrender his forces.
(b) Declare an armistice in the West.
(c) Launch a huge offensive.
(d) Defect to the allies.
7. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(a) The Holy German Empire.
8. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what did the soldier do instead of killing himself?
(a) He deserted to the Americans.
(b) He posed as a civilian.
(c) He deserted to the Russians.
(d) He broke his own leg.
9. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
(a) By district organizers.
(b) By many different organizations.
(c) By corrupt kleptocrats.
(d) By the Nazi Party alone.
10. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The English.
(c) The French.
(d) The Americans.
11. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(b) Assassinate him.
(c) Challenge him to a duel.
(d) Have him demoted.
12. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Allied bombing.
(b) Complexity of tank designs.
(c) Lack of manpower.
(d) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
13. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) Every tenth man be executed.
(b) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
(c) Their armbands be removed.
(d) They be dishonorably discharged.
14. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(a) Von Brauchitsch.
15. What happened to Keitel after the war?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was sentenced to life in prison.
(c) He escaped to Argentina.
(d) He was executed at Nuremburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
2. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
3. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
4. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
5. How did Guderian feel about the coup plotters of July 20th?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)