|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
2. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
(a) They left the country.
(b) They prepared to oppose them.
(c) They were excited.
(d) They were frightened.
3. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
(a) It was halved in size.
(b) Its meetings were monitored by the allies.
(c) It was controlled by the French and English.
(d) It was disbanded.
4. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
(a) Speaking abilities and willpower.
(b) Military genius and accumen.
(c) Far-reaching strategy and fast decision-making.
(d) Genuine love for the German people and courage.
5. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was transfered to a new command.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was threatened with arrest.
(d) He was promoted.
6. What happened to Keitel after the war?
(a) He was sentenced to life in prison.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He was executed at Nuremburg.
(d) He escaped to Argentina.
7. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(b) East Prussia.
8. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The German Civil Court.
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The Grand Court.
(d) The Reichstag.
9. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(c) The Holy German Empire.
10. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
11. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
(a) He refused to engage the Russians.
(b) He organized the evacuation.
(c) He defended the officers responsible.
(d) He botched the evacuation.
12. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
(a) Loss of leadership.
(b) Heavy casualties.
(c) Total disorganization.
(d) Poor morale.
13. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
(c) He requested a reassingment.
(d) He formally protested.
14. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
15. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Defense in depth.
(b) Frequent counter-attacks.
(c) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(d) Feigned retreats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
2. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
3. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
4. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
5. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)