|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was extremely foolish.
(b) It was a noble gesture.
(c) It could not have helped Germany.
(d) It was treason.
2. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was threatened with arrest.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was transfered to a new command.
3. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(b) Elite infantry.
(c) Mass murderers.
(d) Hitler's bodyguards.
4. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
(a) It never met after 1938.
(b) It controlled more of Germany than most suspect.
(c) It only existed on paper; it had no real members.
(d) It instigated many of Germany's war crimes.
5. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was a failure.
(b) He was highly capable.
(c) He was reasonably capable.
(d) He was incompetant in defense.
6. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Protecting himself.
(b) Defeating Stalin.
(c) Never surrendering.
(d) Armored warfare.
7. Which of the following best describes the relationship that existed between the German General Staff and the Weimar Republic?
8. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
(a) When things began to go wrong.
(b) When his advisers turned against him.
(c) When his forces were outnumbered.
(d) After an offensive failed.
9. Guderian described Hitler as being brave in what situations?
(a) When things looked worst.
(b) During the execution of offensives.
(c) During the planning of attacks.
(d) When facing significant opposition.
10. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
11. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(b) Von Brauchitsch.
12. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(a) The German General Staff.
(d) The allies.
13. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The English.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The French.
14. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
(c) Von Kluge.
15. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was calm.
(b) He was livid.
(c) He was determined to seek revenge.
(d) He was unmoved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
2. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
3. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
4. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
5. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)