|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Never surrendering.
(b) Protecting himself.
(c) Armored warfare.
(d) Defeating Stalin.
2. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(b) They were eager to enter a war.
(c) They were happy to avoid war.
(d) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
3. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
4. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
5. What did Guderian want to send to Africa to help stabilize the collapsing front there?
(a) Heavy assault guns.
(b) Elite SS panzer divisions.
(c) Critical supplies and ammunition.
(d) Experienced tank crews.
6. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) Their armbands be removed.
(b) They be dishonorably discharged.
(c) Every tenth man be executed.
(d) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
7. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Allied bombing.
(b) Lack of manpower.
(c) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
(d) Complexity of tank designs.
8. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
9. When Guderian was promoted to Inspector-General of the Armored Troops, the German infantry largely lacked what vital weapon?
(b) High-caliber rifles.
(c) Assault rifles.
(d) Anti-tank weapons.
10. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Frequent counter-attacks.
(b) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(c) Feigned retreats.
(d) Defense in depth.
11. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
(d) Von Kluge.
12. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) His wife was killed.
(b) He lost his hearing.
(c) He barely escaped injury.
(d) He lost his leg.
13. Which of the following best describes the relationship that existed between the German General Staff and the Weimar Republic?
14. When was Guderian captured?
(a) May 10th.
(b) December 7th.
(c) March 3rd.
(d) June 22nd.
15. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(b) The allies.
(d) The German General Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
2. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
3. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
4. What was the OKH?
5. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)