|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
(a) It instigated many of Germany's war crimes.
(b) It controlled more of Germany than most suspect.
(c) It only existed on paper; it had no real members.
(d) It never met after 1938.
2. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
(a) Turn himself in for arrest.
(b) Surrender his forces.
(c) Give up his military post.
(d) Endorse Guderian for a promotion.
3. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(a) The Holy German Empire.
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The People's Court.
(b) The Reichstag.
(c) The German Civil Court.
(d) The Grand Court.
6. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Challenge him to a duel.
(b) Have him demoted.
(c) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(d) Assassinate him.
7. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was treason.
(b) It was a noble gesture.
(c) It was extremely foolish.
(d) It could not have helped Germany.
8. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(a) Total surrender.
(b) A new tank design.
(c) A new offensive.
9. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
(a) Genuine love for the German people and courage.
(b) Military genius and accumen.
(c) Far-reaching strategy and fast decision-making.
(d) Speaking abilities and willpower.
10. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Armored warfare.
(b) Never surrendering.
(c) Defeating Stalin.
(d) Protecting himself.
11. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what did the soldier do instead of killing himself?
(a) He posed as a civilian.
(b) He deserted to the Americans.
(c) He broke his own leg.
(d) He deserted to the Russians.
12. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
(a) Swelling ranks.
(b) An insuffiiciently large army.
(c) Difficulty adapting to new technologies.
(d) A lack of leadership.
13. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
(b) They be dishonorably discharged.
(c) Their armbands be removed.
(d) Every tenth man be executed.
14. What happened to the German General Staff after WWI?
(a) It was disbanded.
(b) Its meetings were monitored by the allies.
(c) It was halved in size.
(d) It was controlled by the French and English.
15. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) The Russian were too numerous.
(b) The Panther was still not ready.
(c) Too little fuel was available.
(d) Intelligence was lacking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
2. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
3. The OKW was created to act as which of the following?
4. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
5. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)