|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
(b) Von Kluge.
2. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) Intelligence was lacking.
(b) Too little fuel was available.
(c) The Russian were too numerous.
(d) The Panther was still not ready.
3. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The English.
4. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
(a) He defended the officers responsible.
(b) He refused to engage the Russians.
(c) He botched the evacuation.
(d) He organized the evacuation.
5. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
6. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
(a) Ten motorized infantry divisions.
(b) Two panzer armies.
(c) Five panzer corps.
(d) The XIX corps.
7. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) Every tenth man be executed.
(b) Their armbands be removed.
(c) They be dishonorably discharged.
(d) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
8. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Armored warfare.
(b) Never surrendering.
(c) Protecting himself.
(d) Defeating Stalin.
9. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Complexity of tank designs.
(b) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
(c) Lack of manpower.
(d) Allied bombing.
10. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Reichstag.
(b) The German Civil Court.
(c) The People's Court.
(d) The Grand Court.
11. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was transfered to a new command.
(b) He was threatened with arrest.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was demoted.
12. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
(b) East Prussia.
(c) The Rhineland.
(d) Upper Silesia.
13. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(b) Von Brauchitsch.
14. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
(a) It controlled more of Germany than most suspect.
(b) It only existed on paper; it had no real members.
(c) It instigated many of Germany's war crimes.
(d) It never met after 1938.
15. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Being complicit in the attack.
(b) Planning the attack.
(c) Giving information to the allies.
(d) Spying for the allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
2. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
3. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
4. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
5. The OKW was created to act as which of the following?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)