|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He requested a reassingment.
(b) He formally protested.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
2. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
(b) Go on a six-week leave.
(c) Lead a suicide attack.
(d) Kill himself.
3. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Armored warfare.
(b) Defeating Stalin.
(c) Never surrendering.
(d) Protecting himself.
4. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) His wife was killed.
(b) He lost his leg.
(c) He lost his hearing.
(d) He barely escaped injury.
5. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(c) Von Brauchitsch.
6. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
(a) The XIX corps.
(b) Two panzer armies.
(c) Ten motorized infantry divisions.
(d) Five panzer corps.
7. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
8. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
(a) Upper Silesia.
(c) East Prussia.
(d) The Rhineland.
9. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(d) East Prussia.
10. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
11. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
(a) It never met after 1938.
(b) It controlled more of Germany than most suspect.
(c) It only existed on paper; it had no real members.
(d) It instigated many of Germany's war crimes.
12. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(a) A new tank design.
(c) Total surrender.
(d) A new offensive.
13. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
(a) A technical problem in production.
(b) A revolutionary tank design.
(c) A plan to put Hitler under arrest.
(d) A major reorganization of the panzer division.
14. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Lack of manpower.
(b) Allied bombing.
(c) Complexity of tank designs.
(d) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
15. Which of the following best describes the relationship that existed between the German General Staff and the Weimar Republic?
Short Answer Questions
1. The OKW was created to act as which of the following?
2. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
3. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
4. What resource did Hitler want to protect near Lake Balaton in Hungary?
5. What force catpured Guderian?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)