|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The People's Court.
(b) The Reichstag.
(c) The German Civil Court.
(d) The Grand Court.
2. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The English.
(b) The French.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Russians.
3. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) He barely escaped injury.
(b) He lost his leg.
(c) His wife was killed.
(d) He lost his hearing.
4. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) The Russian were too numerous.
(b) Intelligence was lacking.
(c) The Panther was still not ready.
(d) Too little fuel was available.
5. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
6. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was highly capable.
(b) He was a failure.
(c) He was incompetant in defense.
(d) He was reasonably capable.
7. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
(a) Loss of leadership.
(b) Poor morale.
(c) Heavy casualties.
(d) Total disorganization.
8. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
9. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
(a) He demanded Germany surrender.
(b) He recommended a separate peace.
(c) He suggested a defensive strategy.
(d) He contradicted Hitler.
10. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
(a) The West Wall.
(b) The Maginot line.
(d) The Ardennes.
11. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
(a) Ten motorized infantry divisions.
(b) Five panzer corps.
(c) The XIX corps.
(d) Two panzer armies.
12. When was Guderian captured?
(a) June 22nd.
(b) May 10th.
(c) March 3rd.
(d) December 7th.
13. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
14. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
(a) When the allies liberated Normandy.
(b) After the failure near Moscow.
(c) During the final months of the war.
(d) After the battle of Stalingrad.
15. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
(b) He was shot for treason.
(c) He went free.
(d) He was demoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Guderian feel about the coup plotters of July 20th?
2. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
3. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
4. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
5. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)