|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
(a) Ten motorized infantry divisions.
(b) The XIX corps.
(c) Five panzer corps.
(d) Two panzer armies.
2. What did Guderian want to send to Africa to help stabilize the collapsing front there?
(a) Heavy assault guns.
(b) Critical supplies and ammunition.
(c) Experienced tank crews.
(d) Elite SS panzer divisions.
3. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(a) A new offensive.
(b) A new tank design.
(c) Total surrender.
4. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
5. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Lack of manpower.
(b) Allied bombing.
(c) Complexity of tank designs.
(d) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
6. What recommendation did Hitler make to Guderian, during their discussions, during the events of Chapter 12?
(a) He should kill himself.
(b) He should take over the armed forces.
(c) He should make his own decisions.
(d) He should go on sick leave.
7. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The French.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The English.
(d) The Americans.
8. The revolt in what occupied city was put down with brutal violence by October 2nd?
9. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(b) They were eager to enter a war.
(c) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
(d) They were happy to avoid war.
10. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
(a) Endorse Guderian for a promotion.
(b) Surrender his forces.
(c) Give up his military post.
(d) Turn himself in for arrest.
11. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Grand Court.
(b) The Reichstag.
(c) The People's Court.
(d) The German Civil Court.
12. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
(a) The unit be sent on a suicide mission.
(b) They be dishonorably discharged.
(c) Their armbands be removed.
(d) Every tenth man be executed.
13. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His lack of personal connections.
(b) His advanced age.
(c) His drug use.
(d) His tendency to stay up late.
14. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was highly successful.
(b) He was a charismatic leader.
(c) He was from the military himself.
(d) He has too many political connections.
15. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
(a) He was incompetant in defense.
(b) He was a failure.
(c) He was reasonably capable.
(d) He was highly capable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
2. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
3. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
4. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
5. Guderian described Hitler as being brave in what situations?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)