|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
(a) Lack of a serviceable heavy tank.
(b) Allied air-superiority.
(c) The poor training of his men.
(d) Lack of anti-tank weapons.
2. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
3. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
(a) He contradicted Hitler.
(b) He suggested a defensive strategy.
(c) He recommended a separate peace.
(d) He demanded Germany surrender.
4. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
(a) The Maginot line.
(b) The West Wall.
(d) The Ardennes.
5. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Complexity of tank designs.
(b) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
(c) Allied bombing.
(d) Lack of manpower.
6. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The French.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The English.
7. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
8. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(b) Von Brauchitsch.
9. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Spying for the allies.
(b) Giving information to the allies.
(c) Being complicit in the attack.
(d) Planning the attack.
10. What was Guderian's association with the "Court of Honor"?
(a) He created it.
(b) He was only nominally involved with it.
(c) He was its head judge.
(d) He held veto power over its decisions.
11. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
(a) The Netherlands.
(d) The mouth of the Somme.
12. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Frequent counter-attacks.
(b) Defense in depth.
(c) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(d) Feigned retreats.
13. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was extremely foolish.
(b) It could not have helped Germany.
(c) It was treason.
(d) It was a noble gesture.
14. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Grand Court.
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The German Civil Court.
(d) The Reichstag.
15. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
(a) Von Kluge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
2. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
3. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
4. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
5. What happened to Keitel after the war?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)