|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
(a) Allied bombing.
(b) The diversion of resources toward rocket production.
(c) Lack of manpower.
(d) Complexity of tank designs.
2. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were happy to avoid war.
(b) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
(c) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(d) They were eager to enter a war.
3. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The French.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The English.
4. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
5. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
(a) Feigned retreats.
(b) Retreat to a strong defensive line.
(c) Frequent counter-attacks.
(d) Defense in depth.
6. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was calm.
(b) He was determined to seek revenge.
(c) He was unmoved.
(d) He was livid.
7. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He requested a reassingment.
(b) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
(c) He formally protested.
(d) He killed himself.
8. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) Intelligence was lacking.
(b) Too little fuel was available.
(c) The Russian were too numerous.
(d) The Panther was still not ready.
9. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His drug use.
(b) His advanced age.
(c) His tendency to stay up late.
(d) His lack of personal connections.
10. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was shot for treason.
(c) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
(d) He went free.
11. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
(a) After an offensive failed.
(b) When things began to go wrong.
(c) When his forces were outnumbered.
(d) When his advisers turned against him.
12. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
(a) The Ardennes.
(b) The West Wall.
(d) The Maginot line.
13. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Never surrendering.
(b) Defeating Stalin.
(c) Armored warfare.
(d) Protecting himself.
14. When was Guderian captured?
(a) March 3rd.
(b) December 7th.
(c) May 10th.
(d) June 22nd.
15. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
(a) During the final months of the war.
(b) After the failure near Moscow.
(c) When the allies liberated Normandy.
(d) After the battle of Stalingrad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
2. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
3. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
4. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what did the soldier do instead of killing himself?
5. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)