|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
(a) He organized the evacuation.
(b) He botched the evacuation.
(c) He defended the officers responsible.
(d) He refused to engage the Russians.
2. During the planning of the Kursk offensive, Guderian had what major objection?
(a) Too little fuel was available.
(b) Intelligence was lacking.
(c) The Russian were too numerous.
(d) The Panther was still not ready.
3. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was livid.
(b) He was calm.
(c) He was determined to seek revenge.
(d) He was unmoved.
4. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
(a) A technical problem in production.
(b) A revolutionary tank design.
(c) A major reorganization of the panzer division.
(d) A plan to put Hitler under arrest.
5. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
6. Guderian described Hitler as being brave in what situations?
(a) When things looked worst.
(b) During the execution of offensives.
(c) When facing significant opposition.
(d) During the planning of attacks.
7. What was Guderian's primary concern, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Defending East Prussia.
(b) Organizing tank production.
(c) Proving his innocence.
(d) Protecting Hitler.
8. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
(a) They were frightened.
(b) They left the country.
(c) They prepared to oppose them.
(d) They were excited.
9. Following the allied breakout from Normany, German forces retreated to what region?
(b) The Maginot line.
(c) The Ardennes.
(d) The West Wall.
10. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His tendency to stay up late.
(b) His lack of personal connections.
(c) His advanced age.
(d) His drug use.
11. Who originated the term "Blitzkrieg"?
(c) The allies.
(d) The German General Staff.
12. What new commander of Army Group Vistula was ordered to relieve a surrounded fortress?
13. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
(a) Give up his military post.
(b) Endorse Guderian for a promotion.
(c) Surrender his forces.
(d) Turn himself in for arrest.
14. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
(a) Swelling ranks.
(b) Difficulty adapting to new technologies.
(c) A lack of leadership.
(d) An insuffiiciently large army.
15. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hitler take command of the army away from the OKH?
2. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
3. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
4. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
5. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)