|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
(a) Far-reaching strategy and fast decision-making.
(b) Genuine love for the German people and courage.
(c) Military genius and accumen.
(d) Speaking abilities and willpower.
2. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was highly successful.
(b) He was a charismatic leader.
(c) He has too many political connections.
(d) He was from the military himself.
3. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
(a) The mouth of the Somme.
(c) The Netherlands.
4. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
(a) Protecting himself.
(b) Armored warfare.
(c) Defeating Stalin.
(d) Never surrendering.
5. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
(a) Difficulty adapting to new technologies.
(b) Swelling ranks.
(c) A lack of leadership.
(d) An insuffiiciently large army.
6. What German forces were engaged in the Ardennes Offensive?
(a) Two panzer armies.
(b) The XIX corps.
(c) Ten motorized infantry divisions.
(d) Five panzer corps.
7. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The English.
(c) The French.
(d) The Americans.
8. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
(a) He recommended a separate peace.
(b) He demanded Germany surrender.
(c) He suggested a defensive strategy.
(d) He contradicted Hitler.
9. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
(a) The Rhineland.
(b) East Prussia.
(d) Upper Silesia.
10. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
(b) The Holy German Empire.
11. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(b) A new offensive.
(c) A new tank design.
(d) Total surrender.
12. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(b) Elite infantry.
(c) Mass murderers.
(d) Hitler's bodyguards.
13. How did most of the younger officers in the German General Staff react to the Nazi's rise to power?
(a) They left the country.
(b) They were frightened.
(c) They prepared to oppose them.
(d) They were excited.
14. What happened to Keitel after the war?
(a) He was sentenced to life in prison.
(b) He was executed at Nuremburg.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He escaped to Argentina.
15. Guderian describeed Germany as being controlled in what way?
(a) By district organizers.
(b) By many different organizations.
(c) By corrupt kleptocrats.
(d) By the Nazi Party alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
2. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
3. What was Guderian's assessment of Goering's leadership?
4. The OKH controlled the German army during the invasion of what major country?
5. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)