|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
(a) East Prussia.
(b) Upper Silesia.
(d) The Rhineland.
2. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
3. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
(d) Von Kluge.
4. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
(a) He recommended a separate peace.
(b) He demanded Germany surrender.
(c) He contradicted Hitler.
(d) He suggested a defensive strategy.
5. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
6. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) He lost his leg.
(b) He barely escaped injury.
(c) He lost his hearing.
(d) His wife was killed.
7. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(b) Total surrender.
(c) A new tank design.
(d) A new offensive.
8. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
(a) Lead a suicide attack.
(c) Go on a six-week leave.
(d) Kill himself.
9. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was livid.
(b) He was calm.
(c) He was unmoved.
(d) He was determined to seek revenge.
10. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Have him demoted.
(b) Assassinate him.
(c) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(d) Challenge him to a duel.
11. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
(b) The mouth of the Somme.
(d) The Netherlands.
12. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
(a) A plan to put Hitler under arrest.
(b) A major reorganization of the panzer division.
(c) A revolutionary tank design.
(d) A technical problem in production.
13. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
(a) He defended the officers responsible.
(b) He botched the evacuation.
(c) He refused to engage the Russians.
(d) He organized the evacuation.
14. What was the OKH?
(a) The reserve divisions.
(b) The general staff of the army.
(c) The central armored command.
(d) The German militia.
15. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Being complicit in the attack.
(b) Spying for the allies.
(c) Planning the attack.
(d) Giving information to the allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the German General Staff face after 1933?
2. Guderian advocated what defensive strategy for the Eastern front?
3. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
4. When was Guderian captured?
5. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)