|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Guderian, Hitler possessed what important capabilities?
(a) Genuine love for the German people and courage.
(b) Far-reaching strategy and fast decision-making.
(c) Speaking abilities and willpower.
(d) Military genius and accumen.
2. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He requested a reassingment.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He formally protested.
(d) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
3. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was transfered to a new command.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was threatened with arrest.
4. Where did Rommel believe the Allies would make their major amphibious invasion?
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) The mouth of the Somme.
5. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
6. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
(b) He was shot for treason.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He went free.
7. What did Guderian want to send to Africa to help stabilize the collapsing front there?
(a) Critical supplies and ammunition.
(b) Heavy assault guns.
(c) Elite SS panzer divisions.
(d) Experienced tank crews.
8. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
9. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was treason.
(b) It was extremely foolish.
(c) It could not have helped Germany.
(d) It was a noble gesture.
10. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(d) East Prussia.
11. What fortress was the new commander of Army Group Vistulla ordeedr to relieve?
12. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was calm.
(b) He was determined to seek revenge.
(c) He was unmoved.
(d) He was livid.
13. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(b) Mass murderers.
(c) Elite infantry.
(d) Hitler's bodyguards.
14. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
(a) His drug use.
(b) His tendency to stay up late.
(c) His advanced age.
(d) His lack of personal connections.
15. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
(a) He botched the evacuation.
(b) He organized the evacuation.
(c) He refused to engage the Russians.
(d) He defended the officers responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
2. The tradition of the German General Staff dated back to the leadership of what nation?
3. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
4. What was von Kluge suspected of, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
5. When Guderian was promoted to Inspector-General of the Armored Troops, the German infantry largely lacked what vital weapon?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)