|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guderian do during his final meeting with the Fuhrer that upset Hitler significantly?
(a) He demanded Germany surrender.
(b) He contradicted Hitler.
(c) He recommended a separate peace.
(d) He suggested a defensive strategy.
2. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) Inadequite supplies.
(b) All available ammunition.
(c) Inaccurate intelligence.
(d) Contradictory orders.
3. Guderian estimated the war could only continue for a few more weeks if what critical area was taken?
(a) Upper Silesia.
(c) The Rhineland.
(d) East Prussia.
4. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
(a) The Reichstag.
(b) The People's Court.
(c) The Grand Court.
(d) The German Civil Court.
5. How did Guderian feel about the coup plotters of July 20th?
(a) He saw them as traitors.
(b) He saw them as heroes.
(c) He felt their methods were flawed.
(d) He wished he had joined them.
6. The OKW was created to act as which of the following?
(a) A control mechanism.
(b) A mouthpiece for Goebbels.
(c) A puppet government for Hitler.
(d) A logistical support organization.
7. What factor demoralized Rommel on the Western front?
(a) Lack of anti-tank weapons.
(b) Allied air-superiority.
(c) The poor training of his men.
(d) Lack of a serviceable heavy tank.
8. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) His wife was killed.
(b) He lost his leg.
(c) He lost his hearing.
(d) He barely escaped injury.
9. How many panzer divisions did Guderian manage to scrape together for the Western front?
10. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
(b) Go on a six-week leave.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Lead a suicide attack.
11. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(a) Elite infantry.
(b) Mass murderers.
(d) Hitler's bodyguards.
12. What did Guderian claim about the Government Cabinet?
(a) It instigated many of Germany's war crimes.
(b) It only existed on paper; it had no real members.
(c) It controlled more of Germany than most suspect.
(d) It never met after 1938.
13. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
14. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
(a) When things began to go wrong.
(b) When his advisers turned against him.
(c) After an offensive failed.
(d) When his forces were outnumbered.
15. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guderian convince Himmler to do?
2. Guderian claimed that Hitler became obsessed with which of the following after Stalingrad?
3. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
4. Which of the following does Guderian NOT cite as a reason for Hitler's declining capabilities?
5. What occurred in Romania, following the routing of the German-allied Romanian troops?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)