|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Guderian was promoted to Inspector-General of the Armored Troops, the German infantry largely lacked what vital weapon?
(a) High-caliber rifles.
(b) Anti-tank weapons.
(c) Assault rifles.
2. During Germany's final collapse, Guderian sought an audience with Hitler and what other major leader?
3. What force catpured Guderian?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The English.
4. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Challenge him to a duel.
(b) Have him demoted.
(c) Assassinate him.
(d) Have him assigned to Siberia.
5. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what did the soldier do instead of killing himself?
(a) He posed as a civilian.
(b) He broke his own leg.
(c) He deserted to the Americans.
(d) He deserted to the Russians.
6. What did von Kluge do after he was replaced by Model?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He tried to take Guderian down with him.
(c) He formally protested.
(d) He requested a reassingment.
7. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was from the military himself.
(b) He was a charismatic leader.
(c) He was highly successful.
(d) He has too many political connections.
8. Guderian described Hitler as being brave in what situations?
(a) During the planning of attacks.
(b) When facing significant opposition.
(c) During the execution of offensives.
(d) When things looked worst.
9. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) Inadequite supplies.
(b) Inaccurate intelligence.
(c) All available ammunition.
(d) Contradictory orders.
10. What was the German General Staff's opinion towards entering the war?
(a) They were happy to avoid war.
(b) They were unsure of German capabilities.
(c) They were eager to enter a war.
(d) They were overconfident in German capabilities.
11. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) He was threatened with arrest.
(b) He was transfered to a new command.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He was promoted.
12. What was the OKH?
(a) The reserve divisions.
(b) The general staff of the army.
(c) The central armored command.
(d) The German militia.
13. In October of 1944, Guderian managed to stop the Russian advance in what region?
(d) East Prussia.
14. Guderian claimed that Himmler has strange fantasies about the German people colonizing what area?
15. What German military leader held the same position as Keitel and shared a similar fate?
(b) Von Brauchitsch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian was horrified when the command of the newly formed Army Group Vistula was given to what commander?
2. Who did Guderian demand that Hitler replace?
3. Guderian compared Hitler to what other famous historical leader?
4. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
5. Guderian explained to Hitler that Army Group Vistula suffered what setback during their final attack?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)