|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Panzer divisions were formed by 1935?
2. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
(b) He ordered a withdrawal.
(c) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
(d) He bungled an offensive.
3. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
4. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(b) The United States.
5. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
6. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
(a) Guderian must use tanks only in a support role.
(b) Guderian must give up his command.
(c) Guderian must retreat.
(d) Guderian must halt his advance.
7. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
(a) Von Kluge's influence in the General Staff.
(b) Hitler's totalitarian dictatorship.
(c) His lack of noble breeding.
(d) His lack of political connections.
8. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Armored cars.
(b) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(c) Self-propelled guns.
(d) Self-propelled artillery.
9. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
(a) He sent scouts into the city.
(b) He began an artillery bobmardment.
(c) He surrounded the city.
(d) He demanded Polish forces surrender.
10. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
(a) Military history and mobile warfare.
(b) Land doctrine and air support.
(c) Command, intelligence, and control.
(d) Supply and logistics.
11. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
12. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A secret alliance.
(b) A mutual defense pact.
(c) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
(d) A non-aggression pact.
13. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
(a) The Munich Conference.
(b) The Vienna Accord.
(c) The Berlin Diet.
(d) The Salzburg Conference.
14. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(a) Major General.
(b) Field Marshal.
(d) Lieutenant General.
15. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
(a) The Home Front.
(b) The Mechanized Army.
(c) The Air Ministry.
(d) The General Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
2. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
3. Why was Guderian not satisfied with the results of the armistice with France?
4. What type of vehicle was the Tiger?
5. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)