|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
(a) His lack of political connections.
(b) Hitler's totalitarian dictatorship.
(c) His lack of noble breeding.
(d) Von Kluge's influence in the General Staff.
2. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
(a) A parliament.
(b) A military academy.
(c) A stock exchange.
(d) A court system.
3. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
(a) Allied bombing.
(b) Constant modifications to tank designs.
(c) Lack of strategic resources.
(d) Lack of trained personnel.
4. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
5. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) The Guderian plan.
(b) The Schlieffen plan.
(c) The Manstein plan.
(d) His own plan.
6. What major advantage did tanks have over artillery?
(a) They were easier to hide.
(b) They had more firepower.
(c) They required less support.
(d) They could deliver firepower to specific targets.
7. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
(b) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
(c) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
(d) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
8. What was the model number of the new tank, believed to be superior to German tanks, that Russia put into combat for the first time during the fighting around Smolensk?
9. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) December 28th, 1939.
(b) August 9th, 1940.
(c) January 2nd, 1940.
(d) May 10th, 1940.
10. Guderian's concept of the "panzer division" had what distinction?
(a) It included only tanks.
(b) It was an outdated concept.
(c) It was impossible to actually put into practice.
(d) It was centered around tanks.
11. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
(a) The Home Front.
(b) The General Staff.
(c) The Air Ministry.
(d) The Mechanized Army.
12. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(a) Fast advances.
(b) Air superiority.
(c) Direct tank assaults.
13. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
14. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
15. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Self-propelled guns.
(b) Armored cars.
(c) Self-propelled artillery.
(d) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
2. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
3. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
4. What was the Luftwaffe?
5. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)