|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
(a) The Berlin Diet.
(b) The Salzburg Conference.
(c) The Munich Conference.
(d) The Vienna Accord.
2. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
(b) Tank production.
(d) Iron deposits.
3. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
(a) November 1938.
(b) September 1939.
(c) December 1938.
(d) May 1939.
4. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
(a) Allied bombing.
(b) Lack of trained personnel.
(c) Lack of strategic resources.
(d) Constant modifications to tank designs.
5. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
(a) A military academy.
(b) A stock exchange.
(c) A parliament.
(d) A court system.
6. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Fierce Polish resistance.
(b) Intense artillery shelling.
(d) A shortage of bridging equipment.
7. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The defended rivers.
(b) The left flank.
(c) The center.
(d) The right flank.
8. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
9. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A non-aggression pact.
(b) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
(c) A secret alliance.
(d) A mutual defense pact.
10. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(b) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(c) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(d) The 84th Infantry Division.
11. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He enlisted in the army.
(b) He renounced his faith.
(c) He married.
(d) He became a German citizen.
12. What was the state of strategic thinking about the use of tanks in the German high command as of 1938?
(a) They were not accepted as effective weapons.
(b) There was still disagreement about their use.
(c) There was complete agreement about their use.
(d) They had become the center of the German military.
13. What units was Guderian given command over for the attack on Brest-Litovsk?
(a) The 2nd Mobile Corps.
(b) The XX Army Corps.
(c) The 3rd and 10th Panzer Divisions.
(d) The 7th, 8th, and 9th Motorized Divisions.
14. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
(b) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(c) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
(d) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
15. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
(b) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(c) Motorized infantry.
(d) Anti-tank weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
2. When was Heinz Guderian born?
3. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
4. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
5. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)