Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A light tank.
(b) A tank-destroyer.
(c) An armored personnel carrier.
(d) A heavy tank.
2. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(b) An apology.
(c) A review.
(d) An honorable discharge.
3. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
4. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He ordered a withdrawal.
(b) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
(c) He bungled an offensive.
(d) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
5. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
(a) Himmler and the SS.
(b) General von Kliest and his XII Corps.
(c) Rommel and his IX Corps.
(d) Goering and the Luftwaffe.
6. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
7. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) January 2nd, 1940.
(b) December 28th, 1939.
(c) August 9th, 1940.
(d) May 10th, 1940.
8. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
(a) Guderian must retreat.
(b) Guderian must give up his command.
(c) Guderian must use tanks only in a support role.
(d) Guderian must halt his advance.
9. How many children did Guderian have?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) Two sons.
(c) A son and a daughter.
(d) Two sons and a daughter.
10. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It included no small arms.
(b) It only existed on paper.
(c) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
(d) It was armed with dummy weapons.
11. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(b) The French were well fortified in this area.
(c) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
(d) The English had landed.
12. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(a) Major General.
(c) Lieutenant General.
(d) Field Marshal.
13. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
14. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Armored cars.
(b) Self-propelled guns.
(c) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(d) Self-propelled artillery.
15. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
2. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
3. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
4. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
5. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)