|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) It meant he had conquered Austria.
(b) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(c) He remembered it from his childhood.
(d) He was struck by its beauty.
2. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) September 8th.
(b) December 1st.
(c) November 5th.
(d) September 1st.
3. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) The Manstein plan.
(b) His own plan.
(c) The Schlieffen plan.
(d) The Guderian plan.
4. Why was Guderian not satisfied with the results of the armistice with France?
(a) His forces were not given enough time.
(b) His contributions were not recognized.
(c) The terms did not favor Germany.
(d) France could have been fully occupied.
5. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
(a) The Munich Conference.
(b) The Vienna Accord.
(c) The Berlin Diet.
(d) The Salzburg Conference.
6. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) A review.
(b) An honorable discharge.
(c) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(d) An apology.
7. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He became a German citizen.
(b) He enlisted in the army.
(c) He renounced his faith.
(d) He married.
8. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
9. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(b) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(c) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(d) The 84th Infantry Division.
10. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The XIX Army Corps.
(b) The Combined Armored Corps.
(c) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(d) Army Group V.
11. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) East Army Commandant.
(b) Mobile Operations Commisar.
(c) General of the Panzer Armies.
(d) General of the Mobile Command.
12. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) The English had landed.
(b) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(c) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
(d) The French were well fortified in this area.
13. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For restoring German pride.
(b) For giving him a promotion.
(c) For avoiding war.
(d) For expanding German territory.
14. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
(a) Tank production.
(d) Iron deposits.
15. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) As occupying foreigners.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With token hostile resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
2. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
3. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
4. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
5. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)