|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
2. How many children did Guderian have?
(a) Two sons and a daughter.
(b) Two sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) A son and a daughter.
3. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It was armed with dummy weapons.
(b) It included no small arms.
(c) It only existed on paper.
(d) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
4. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
(a) General von Kliest and his XII Corps.
(b) Goering and the Luftwaffe.
(c) Himmler and the SS.
(d) Rommel and his IX Corps.
5. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) November 5th.
(b) December 1st.
(c) September 8th.
(d) September 1st.
6. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They defected.
(b) They were demoted.
(c) They were tried for treason.
(d) They were also promoted.
7. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(b) I.G. Farben.
8. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The term for German armored units.
(b) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
(c) German paratroopers.
(d) The German Air Force.
9. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) January 2nd, 1940.
(b) May 10th, 1940.
(c) August 9th, 1940.
(d) December 28th, 1939.
10. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
(a) To harass the Polish rear area.
(b) To surround and capture Warsaw.
(c) To cross the River Brahe.
(d) To cut the trans-national railway at three points.
11. Field Marshal Manstein advocated a strategy that would center on an invasion of Belgium and what other nation?
(b) The Netherlands.
12. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
(a) It was introduced too early.
(b) It lacked sufficiently large fuel tanks.
(c) Its crews were poorly trained.
(d) It was not given appropriate ammunition.
13. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
(b) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
(c) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
(d) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
14. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(b) Air superiority.
(c) Direct tank assaults.
(d) Fast advances.
15. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
(a) Penetration without regard to flanks.
(b) Attacks from multiple fronts.
(c) Close air and ground support.
(d) Mobile fronts and supply lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
2. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
3. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
4. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
5. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)