|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For giving him a promotion.
(b) For avoiding war.
(c) For restoring German pride.
(d) For expanding German territory.
2. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
(a) September 1939.
(b) June 1938.
(c) October 1938.
(d) March 1939.
3. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
4. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He became a German citizen.
(b) He enlisted in the army.
(c) He married.
(d) He renounced his faith.
5. How long did Germany expect the invasion of Russia to take?
(a) 30 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 60 weeks.
6. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A light tank.
(b) A heavy tank.
(c) An armored personnel carrier.
(d) A tank-destroyer.
7. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By floating tanks on pontoons.
(b) By using captured barges.
(c) By using an improvised bridge.
(d) By assault boat.
8. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) An apology.
(b) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(c) An honorable discharge.
(d) A review.
9. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(b) Self-propelled guns.
(c) Self-propelled artillery.
(d) Armored cars.
10. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
(c) The Netherlands.
11. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
(b) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
(c) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
(d) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
12. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They defected.
(b) They were demoted.
(c) They were also promoted.
(d) They were tried for treason.
13. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
(a) It lacked sufficiently large fuel tanks.
(b) It was not given appropriate ammunition.
(c) Its crews were poorly trained.
(d) It was introduced too early.
14. What disadvantage did the Russians face in their defense of the region around Smolensk?
(a) They had no winter clothing.
(b) Their forces were mostly militia.
(c) They had no air force.
(d) They had lost their chain of command.
15. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
(a) The United States.
(b) The United Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
2. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
3. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
4. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
5. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)