|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
(a) May 1939.
(b) December 1938.
(c) September 1939.
(d) November 1938.
2. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) German paratroopers.
(b) The term for German armored units.
(c) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
(d) The German Air Force.
3. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
4. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The defended rivers.
(b) The center.
(c) The right flank.
(d) The left flank.
5. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
(b) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
(c) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
(d) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
6. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
(a) He held the rank of Field Marshal.
(b) He was descended from a noble line.
(c) He received an award.
(d) He had an enormous personal fortune.
7. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
(a) September 1st.
(b) August 12th.
(c) December 7th.
(d) July 3rd.
8. What disadvantage did the Russians face in their defense of the region around Smolensk?
(a) They had no winter clothing.
(b) They had no air force.
(c) They had lost their chain of command.
(d) Their forces were mostly militia.
9. What major advantage did tanks have over artillery?
(a) They had more firepower.
(b) They required less support.
(c) They could deliver firepower to specific targets.
(d) They were easier to hide.
10. When was Heinz Guderian born?
11. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
12. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
13. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
14. Why was Guderian not satisfied with the results of the armistice with France?
(a) France could have been fully occupied.
(b) The terms did not favor Germany.
(c) His contributions were not recognized.
(d) His forces were not given enough time.
15. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
Short Answer Questions
1. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
2. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
3. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
4. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
5. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)