|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) Army Group V.
(b) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(c) The XIX Army Corps.
(d) The Combined Armored Corps.
2. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It was armed with dummy weapons.
(b) It included no small arms.
(c) It only existed on paper.
(d) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
3. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
(a) He had too many political enemies.
(b) He was not liked at home.
(c) He was seriously ill.
(d) He could not get to Berlin.
4. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
(a) Supply and logistics.
(b) Command, intelligence, and control.
(c) Military history and mobile warfare.
(d) Land doctrine and air support.
5. What was the state of strategic thinking about the use of tanks in the German high command as of 1938?
(a) There was still disagreement about their use.
(b) There was complete agreement about their use.
(c) They were not accepted as effective weapons.
(d) They had become the center of the German military.
6. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) The Manstein plan.
(b) His own plan.
(c) The Guderian plan.
(d) The Schlieffen plan.
7. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) The English had landed.
(b) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(c) The French were well fortified in this area.
(d) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
8. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
9. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
(a) Heavy tanks.
(b) Motorized infantry.
10. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
11. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
12. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
(b) The United Kingdom.
(c) The United States.
13. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
14. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The German Air Force.
(b) The term for German armored units.
(c) German paratroopers.
(d) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
15. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) England and France declared war on Germany.
(b) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(c) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
(d) The United States entered the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
2. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
3. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
4. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
5. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)