|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
(b) England and France declared war on Germany.
(c) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(d) The United States entered the war.
2. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
3. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
(b) The Netherlands.
4. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(a) Major General.
(c) Lieutenant General.
(d) Field Marshal.
5. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
(a) December 1938.
(b) September 1939.
(c) November 1938.
(d) May 1939.
6. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
7. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
8. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
9. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) January 2nd, 1940.
(b) December 28th, 1939.
(c) August 9th, 1940.
(d) May 10th, 1940.
10. What was Guderian's father's profession?
(d) Military officer.
11. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
(a) He was descended from a noble line.
(b) He held the rank of Field Marshal.
(c) He received an award.
(d) He had an enormous personal fortune.
12. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He renounced his faith.
(b) He became a German citizen.
(c) He married.
(d) He enlisted in the army.
13. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Fierce Polish resistance.
(b) A shortage of bridging equipment.
(d) Intense artillery shelling.
14. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It was armed with dummy weapons.
(b) It only existed on paper.
(c) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
(d) It included no small arms.
15. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) He remembered it from his childhood.
(b) He was struck by its beauty.
(c) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(d) It meant he had conquered Austria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
2. What was the model number of the new tank, believed to be superior to German tanks, that Russia put into combat for the first time during the fighting around Smolensk?
3. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
4. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
5. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)