|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Fierce Polish resistance.
(c) Intense artillery shelling.
(d) A shortage of bridging equipment.
2. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(b) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
(c) The French were well fortified in this area.
(d) The English had landed.
3. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(b) England and France declared war on Germany.
(c) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
(d) The United States entered the war.
4. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The term for German armored units.
(b) German paratroopers.
(c) The German Air Force.
(d) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
5. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
6. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) River Brahe.
(b) The Odra River.
(c) The Bug River.
(d) The Vistula.
7. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) His own plan.
(b) The Guderian plan.
(c) The Schlieffen plan.
(d) The Manstein plan.
8. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
(a) Heavy tanks.
(b) Motorized infantry.
9. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
10. What did Guderian not like about the post that was offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) It had insufficient power to improve the panzer armies.
(b) It was a "desk job."
(c) It was a political appointment.
(d) It was militarilly unimportant.
11. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
12. Guderian's role in his new position centered around what?
(b) Air defense.
(c) Motorized transport.
(d) Amphibious assault.
13. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By floating tanks on pontoons.
(b) By using captured barges.
(c) By assault boat.
(d) By using an improvised bridge.
14. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
15. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
2. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
3. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
4. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
5. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)