|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It was armed with dummy weapons.
(b) It only existed on paper.
(c) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
(d) It included no small arms.
2. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
3. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
4. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) The French were well fortified in this area.
(b) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
(c) The English had landed.
(d) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
5. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The XIX Army Corps.
(b) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(c) Army Group V.
(d) The Combined Armored Corps.
6. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) August 9th, 1940.
(b) December 28th, 1939.
(c) May 10th, 1940.
(d) January 2nd, 1940.
7. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) As occupying foreigners.
(c) With token hostile resistance.
(d) With flowers.
8. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
9. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(b) The experimental tanks often broke down.
(c) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
(d) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
10. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
(a) To surround and capture Warsaw.
(b) To cut the trans-national railway at three points.
(c) To cross the River Brahe.
(d) To harass the Polish rear area.
11. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
(a) Sea lion.
12. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A tank-destroyer.
(b) A light tank.
(c) An armored personnel carrier.
(d) A heavy tank.
13. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) November 5th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) December 1st.
(d) September 8th.
14. What happened to the Austrian army after the successful German march on that nation?
(a) It was incorporated into the German army.
(b) It was reduced to a small fraction of its original size.
(c) It was disbanded.
(d) It was turned into a police force.
15. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
(a) Its crews were poorly trained.
(b) It lacked sufficiently large fuel tanks.
(c) It was introduced too early.
(d) It was not given appropriate ammunition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
2. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
3. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
4. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
5. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)