|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
2. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
3. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
4. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
(a) December 1938.
(b) September 1939.
(c) May 1939.
(d) November 1938.
5. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
(a) The Berlin Diet.
(b) The Vienna Accord.
(c) The Salzburg Conference.
(d) The Munich Conference.
6. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) The Vistula.
(b) The Odra River.
(c) The Bug River.
(d) River Brahe.
7. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) August 9th, 1940.
(b) January 2nd, 1940.
(c) May 10th, 1940.
(d) December 28th, 1939.
8. What type of vehicle was the Tiger?
(a) A heavy tank.
(b) A tank-destroyer.
(c) A light tank.
(d) An armored personnel carrier.
9. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Fierce Polish resistance.
(b) A shortage of bridging equipment.
(d) Intense artillery shelling.
10. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) It meant he had conquered Austria.
(b) He was struck by its beauty.
(c) He remembered it from his childhood.
(d) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
11. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They were demoted.
(b) They were also promoted.
(c) They were tried for treason.
(d) They defected.
12. How long did Germany expect the invasion of Russia to take?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 60 weeks.
(d) 30 weeks.
13. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) The Schlieffen plan.
(b) The Guderian plan.
(c) The Manstein plan.
(d) His own plan.
14. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) The United States entered the war.
(b) England and France declared war on Germany.
(c) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(d) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
15. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
(a) Von Kluge's influence in the General Staff.
(b) His lack of political connections.
(c) His lack of noble breeding.
(d) Hitler's totalitarian dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
2. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
3. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
4. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
5. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)