|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
(c) The Netherlands.
2. Guderian's concept of the "panzer division" had what distinction?
(a) It was centered around tanks.
(b) It included only tanks.
(c) It was an outdated concept.
(d) It was impossible to actually put into practice.
3. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
(a) The Mechanized Army.
(b) The Home Front.
(c) The Air Ministry.
(d) The General Staff.
4. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
5. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) September 1st.
(b) December 1st.
(c) September 8th.
(d) November 5th.
6. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
(a) They lacked of offensive weapons.
(b) They were traditionally averse to conflict.
(c) They were dug in and defending.
(d) They did not attack while Germany invaded Poland.
7. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
8. What company worked hard to produce huge and unusual tank designs?
(a) I.G. Farben.
9. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) January 2nd, 1940.
(b) August 9th, 1940.
(c) December 28th, 1939.
(d) May 10th, 1940.
10. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
(b) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
(c) He bungled an offensive.
(d) He ordered a withdrawal.
11. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) An apology.
(b) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(c) An honorable discharge.
(d) A review.
12. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) The Bug River.
(b) The Vistula.
(c) The Odra River.
(d) River Brahe.
13. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
14. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(b) Anti-tank weapons.
(d) Motorized infantry.
15. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
(a) There was a large German population there.
(b) The occupation would require little violence.
(c) The current ruler was an internationally unloved dictator.
(d) The region was home to failed states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
2. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
3. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
4. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
5. What major advantage did tanks have over artillery?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)