|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Austrian army after the successful German march on that nation?
(a) It was turned into a police force.
(b) It was reduced to a small fraction of its original size.
(c) It was disbanded.
(d) It was incorporated into the German army.
2. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
3. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
(a) It meant the war with Poland was won.
(b) It was his birthplace.
(c) It held the supplies he needed to advance further.
(d) It was his final strategic goal in the war.
4. What units was Guderian given command over for the attack on Brest-Litovsk?
(a) The XX Army Corps.
(b) The 2nd Mobile Corps.
(c) The 7th, 8th, and 9th Motorized Divisions.
(d) The 3rd and 10th Panzer Divisions.
5. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The right flank.
(b) The defended rivers.
(c) The left flank.
(d) The center.
6. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(b) The United States.
7. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(b) Armored cars.
(c) Self-propelled guns.
(d) Self-propelled artillery.
8. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
(a) He demanded Polish forces surrender.
(b) He sent scouts into the city.
(c) He surrounded the city.
(d) He began an artillery bobmardment.
9. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(b) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(c) The 84th Infantry Division.
(d) The 2nd Panzer Division.
10. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
(a) A court system.
(b) A military academy.
(c) A parliament.
(d) A stock exchange.
11. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A tank-destroyer.
(b) A heavy tank.
(c) A light tank.
(d) An armored personnel carrier.
12. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With token hostile resistance.
(c) With flowers.
(d) As occupying foreigners.
13. How are the fortresses at Belfort reduced and captured?
(a) By using nerve gas.
(b) By sending in infantry covered by an artillery bombardment.
(c) By direct assault by tanks.
(d) By siege.
14. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For giving him a promotion.
(b) For restoring German pride.
(c) For expanding German territory.
(d) For avoiding war.
15. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
(a) Goering and the Luftwaffe.
(b) General von Kliest and his XII Corps.
(c) Himmler and the SS.
(d) Rommel and his IX Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
2. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
3. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
4. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
5. Guderian's concept of the "panzer division" had what distinction?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)