|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the fortresses at Belfort reduced and captured?
(a) By using nerve gas.
(b) By sending in infantry covered by an artillery bombardment.
(c) By direct assault by tanks.
(d) By siege.
2. What was Guderian's father's profession?
(a) Military officer.
3. In the end, what plan did Hitler adopt?
(a) His own plan.
(b) The Schlieffen plan.
(c) The Guderian plan.
(d) The Manstein plan.
4. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
5. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(b) The 84th Infantry Division.
(c) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(d) The 2nd Panzer Division.
6. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The XIX Army Corps.
(b) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(c) The Combined Armored Corps.
(d) Army Group V.
7. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
(a) He held the rank of Field Marshal.
(b) He had an enormous personal fortune.
(c) He received an award.
(d) He was descended from a noble line.
8. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) The Vistula.
(b) The Bug River.
(c) The Odra River.
(d) River Brahe.
9. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For restoring German pride.
(b) For giving him a promotion.
(c) For avoiding war.
(d) For expanding German territory.
10. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
(b) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
(c) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(d) The experimental tanks often broke down.
11. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) The position opened more options for promotion.
(b) Honor and pride demanded he accept.
(c) Hitler insisted he accept.
(d) The position gave him access to more resources.
12. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) As occupying foreigners.
(c) With flowers.
(d) With token hostile resistance.
13. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
(a) Self-propelled guns.
(b) Self-propelled artillery.
(c) Armored cars.
(d) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
14. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
(b) The United States entered the war.
(c) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(d) England and France declared war on Germany.
15. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
(b) An honorable discharge.
(c) An apology.
(d) A review.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
2. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
3. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
4. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
5. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)