|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(b) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(c) The 84th Infantry Division.
(d) The 2nd Panzer Division.
2. Field Marshal Manstein advocated a strategy that would center on an invasion of Belgium and what other nation?
(c) The Netherlands.
3. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
4. What did Guderian seek while on inactive service?
(a) A review.
(b) An honorable discharge.
(c) An apology.
(d) A courtmartial of von Kluge.
5. Why was Guderian not satisfied with the results of the armistice with France?
(a) France could have been fully occupied.
(b) The terms did not favor Germany.
(c) His forces were not given enough time.
(d) His contributions were not recognized.
6. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
(a) It lacked sufficiently large fuel tanks.
(b) It was introduced too early.
(c) Its crews were poorly trained.
(d) It was not given appropriate ammunition.
7. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
8. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
(a) General von Kliest and his XII Corps.
(b) Rommel and his IX Corps.
(c) Himmler and the SS.
(d) Goering and the Luftwaffe.
9. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(b) Field Marshal.
(c) Major General.
(d) Lieutenant General.
10. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
(a) They were dug in and defending.
(b) They did not attack while Germany invaded Poland.
(c) They were traditionally averse to conflict.
(d) They lacked of offensive weapons.
11. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(c) Motorized infantry.
(d) Anti-tank weapons.
12. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
13. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
(a) June 1938.
(b) October 1938.
(c) March 1939.
(d) September 1939.
14. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) The English had landed.
(b) The French were well fortified in this area.
(c) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(d) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
15. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) East Army Commandant.
(b) General of the Mobile Command.
(c) Mobile Operations Commisar.
(d) General of the Panzer Armies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disadvantage did the Russians face in their defense of the region around Smolensk?
2. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
3. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
4. Guderian's role in his new position centered around what?
5. What was the Luftwaffe?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)