|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
(c) The Netherlands.
2. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A mutual defense pact.
(b) A non-aggression pact.
(c) A secret alliance.
(d) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
3. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) He remembered it from his childhood.
(b) He was struck by its beauty.
(c) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(d) It meant he had conquered Austria.
4. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
(a) September 1939.
(b) May 1939.
(c) December 1938.
(d) November 1938.
5. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They were tried for treason.
(b) They defected.
(c) They were demoted.
(d) They were also promoted.
6. How many children did Guderian have?
(a) A son and a daughter.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) Two sons and a daughter.
(d) Two sons.
7. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
(b) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
(c) He ordered a withdrawal.
(d) He bungled an offensive.
8. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) May 10th, 1940.
(b) August 9th, 1940.
(c) December 28th, 1939.
(d) January 2nd, 1940.
9. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
(a) The General Staff.
(b) The Home Front.
(c) The Air Ministry.
(d) The Mechanized Army.
10. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
(a) The region was home to failed states.
(b) There was a large German population there.
(c) The occupation would require little violence.
(d) The current ruler was an internationally unloved dictator.
11. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(b) The French were well fortified in this area.
(c) The English had landed.
(d) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
12. What nation used tanks in WWI?
13. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
14. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
15. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) December 1st.
(b) September 1st.
(c) November 5th.
(d) September 8th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
2. How many Panzer divisions were formed by 1935?
3. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
4. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
5. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)