|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
(a) The United Kingdom.
(d) The United States.
2. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
3. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For avoiding war.
(b) For restoring German pride.
(c) For giving him a promotion.
(d) For expanding German territory.
4. How are the fortresses at Belfort reduced and captured?
(a) By direct assault by tanks.
(b) By sending in infantry covered by an artillery bombardment.
(c) By using nerve gas.
(d) By siege.
5. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
6. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
7. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
(b) A mutual defense pact.
(c) A secret alliance.
(d) A non-aggression pact.
8. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
9. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The right flank.
(b) The defended rivers.
(c) The center.
(d) The left flank.
10. What was the model number of the new tank, believed to be superior to German tanks, that Russia put into combat for the first time during the fighting around Smolensk?
11. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
(a) Tank warfare.
(b) Trench warfare.
(c) Combined Arms.
12. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
(a) He demanded Polish forces surrender.
(b) He sent scouts into the city.
(c) He surrounded the city.
(d) He began an artillery bobmardment.
13. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
(a) To cross the River Brahe.
(b) To cut the trans-national railway at three points.
(c) To harass the Polish rear area.
(d) To surround and capture Warsaw.
14. What major advantage did tanks have over artillery?
(a) They required less support.
(b) They were easier to hide.
(c) They could deliver firepower to specific targets.
(d) They had more firepower.
15. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(b) He was struck by its beauty.
(c) It meant he had conquered Austria.
(d) He remembered it from his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
2. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
3. When was Heinz Guderian born?
4. What prevented Guderian from taking advantage of his right to choose property in Germany?
5. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)