|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) January 2nd, 1940.
(b) August 9th, 1940.
(c) May 10th, 1940.
(d) December 28th, 1939.
2. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
(a) Anti-tank weapons.
(c) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(d) Motorized infantry.
3. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
(a) December 7th.
(b) August 12th.
(c) July 3rd.
(d) September 1st.
4. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
(a) He received an award.
(b) He had an enormous personal fortune.
(c) He held the rank of Field Marshal.
(d) He was descended from a noble line.
5. What was the model number of the new tank, believed to be superior to German tanks, that Russia put into combat for the first time during the fighting around Smolensk?
6. What major advantage did tanks have over artillery?
(a) They required less support.
(b) They could deliver firepower to specific targets.
(c) They were easier to hide.
(d) They had more firepower.
7. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
8. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
(a) The occupation would require little violence.
(b) There was a large German population there.
(c) The region was home to failed states.
(d) The current ruler was an internationally unloved dictator.
9. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
10. What agreement did Germany reach with Russia shortly before the invasion of Poland?
(a) A mutual defense pact.
(b) A non-aggression pact.
(c) A trade agreement of coal for oil.
(d) A secret alliance.
11. What units was Guderian given command over for the attack on Brest-Litovsk?
(a) The 7th, 8th, and 9th Motorized Divisions.
(b) The XX Army Corps.
(c) The 2nd Mobile Corps.
(d) The 3rd and 10th Panzer Divisions.
12. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) The United States entered the war.
(b) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(c) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
(d) England and France declared war on Germany.
13. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
(a) Von Kluge's influence in the General Staff.
(b) His lack of noble breeding.
(c) His lack of political connections.
(d) Hitler's totalitarian dictatorship.
14. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
(a) It was not given appropriate ammunition.
(b) It lacked sufficiently large fuel tanks.
(c) It was introduced too early.
(d) Its crews were poorly trained.
15. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) The position opened more options for promotion.
(b) Honor and pride demanded he accept.
(c) The position gave him access to more resources.
(d) Hitler insisted he accept.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation used tanks in WWI?
2. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
3. What did Guderian not like about the post that was offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
4. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
5. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)