|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
(a) June 1938.
(b) September 1939.
(c) March 1939.
(d) October 1938.
2. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
(a) There was a lack of fuel and supplies.
(b) The French were well fortified in this area.
(c) Hitler ordered a halt of ground advances in this area.
(d) The English had landed.
3. What was the Luftwaffe?
(a) The doctrine of penetrating attacks.
(b) The German Air Force.
(c) German paratroopers.
(d) The term for German armored units.
4. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
5. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
6. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
7. Germany's first experimental medium tanks had guns with what diameter of bore?
8. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(b) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(c) The 84th Infantry Division.
(d) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
9. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Fierce Polish resistance.
(c) A shortage of bridging equipment.
(d) Intense artillery shelling.
10. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
11. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For avoiding war.
(b) For giving him a promotion.
(c) For expanding German territory.
(d) For restoring German pride.
12. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
(a) They did not attack while Germany invaded Poland.
(b) They lacked of offensive weapons.
(c) They were traditionally averse to conflict.
(d) They were dug in and defending.
13. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
(b) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(c) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
(d) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
14. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
15. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
(a) Guderian must give up his command.
(b) Guderian must use tanks only in a support role.
(c) Guderian must halt his advance.
(d) Guderian must retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation used tanks in WWI?
2. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
3. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
4. What was Guderian's father's profession?
5. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)