|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
2. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(b) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
(c) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
(d) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
3. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
4. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
(a) Tank production.
(b) Iron deposits.
5. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) September 8th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) November 5th.
(d) December 1st.
6. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(a) Major General.
(b) Field Marshal.
(d) Lieutenant General.
7. On September 12th, Polish forces near what location surrendered in large numbers?
8. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(a) Fast advances.
(b) Air superiority.
(c) Direct tank assaults.
9. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) General of the Panzer Armies.
(b) General of the Mobile Command.
(c) Mobile Operations Commisar.
(d) East Army Commandant.
10. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
(c) Motorized infantry.
(d) Heavy tanks.
11. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
12. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He renounced his faith.
(b) He enlisted in the army.
(c) He married.
(d) He became a German citizen.
13. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
(d) Sea lion.
14. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
15. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
2. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
3. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
4. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
5. Guderian's concept of the "panzer division" had what distinction?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)