|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
2. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(b) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(c) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(d) The 84th Infantry Division.
3. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
4. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) River Brahe.
(b) The Vistula.
(c) The Odra River.
(d) The Bug River.
5. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
(a) It held the supplies he needed to advance further.
(b) It meant the war with Poland was won.
(c) It was his birthplace.
(d) It was his final strategic goal in the war.
6. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
(a) The Netherlands.
7. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
8. At what Russian city did Germany suffer a serious setback in 1943?
9. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By floating tanks on pontoons.
(b) By using captured barges.
(c) By assault boat.
(d) By using an improvised bridge.
10. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A light tank.
(b) An armored personnel carrier.
(c) A heavy tank.
(d) A tank-destroyer.
11. Panzer divisions did NOT include which of the following?
(a) Mobile anti-air vehicles.
(b) Motorized infantry.
(c) Anti-tank weapons.
12. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
(a) Lack of trained personnel.
(b) Constant modifications to tank designs.
(c) Allied bombing.
(d) Lack of strategic resources.
13. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) The experimental tanks often broke down.
(b) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
(c) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(d) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
14. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
(a) It meant he had conquered Austria.
(b) He was awed by his own accomplishments.
(c) He remembered it from his childhood.
(d) He was struck by its beauty.
15. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) East Army Commandant.
(b) General of the Mobile Command.
(c) General of the Panzer Armies.
(d) Mobile Operations Commisar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
2. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
3. What was the Luftwaffe?
4. How long did Germany expect the invasion of Russia to take?
5. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)