|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused problems in the repair and maintenance of tanks in 1943?
(a) Constant modifications to tank designs.
(b) Lack of trained personnel.
(c) Lack of strategic resources.
(d) Allied bombing.
2. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) River Brahe.
(b) The Odra River.
(c) The Bug River.
(d) The Vistula.
3. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
4. What major life change did Guderian make before WWI?
(a) He enlisted in the army.
(b) He became a German citizen.
(c) He married.
(d) He renounced his faith.
5. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By assault boat.
(b) By floating tanks on pontoons.
(c) By using captured barges.
(d) By using an improvised bridge.
6. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
(a) A military academy.
(b) A court system.
(c) A parliament.
(d) A stock exchange.
7. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
(a) To harass the Polish rear area.
(b) To surround and capture Warsaw.
(c) To cross the River Brahe.
(d) To cut the trans-national railway at three points.
8. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The XIX Army Corps.
(b) The Combined Armored Corps.
(c) Army Group V.
(d) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
9. What did Guderian not like about the post that was offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) It was a "desk job."
(b) It had insufficient power to improve the panzer armies.
(c) It was militarilly unimportant.
(d) It was a political appointment.
10. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
(a) It held the supplies he needed to advance further.
(b) It meant the war with Poland was won.
(c) It was his final strategic goal in the war.
(d) It was his birthplace.
11. After the occupation of the Sudetenland, tension with which major nation grew?
(a) The United States.
(c) The United Kingdom.
12. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
(a) He had an enormous personal fortune.
(b) He was descended from a noble line.
(c) He held the rank of Field Marshal.
(d) He received an award.
13. What was Guderian's father's profession?
(b) Military officer.
14. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
15. What nation used tanks in WWI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
2. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
3. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
4. Why did Guderian believe the French wanted to avoid real fighting?
5. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)