|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
(a) It was his birthplace.
(b) It was his final strategic goal in the war.
(c) It held the supplies he needed to advance further.
(d) It meant the war with Poland was won.
2. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) General of the Mobile Command.
(b) General of the Panzer Armies.
(c) East Army Commandant.
(d) Mobile Operations Commisar.
3. How were the Germans met in the Sudetenland?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With flowers.
(c) As occupying foreigners.
(d) With token hostile resistance.
4. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
5. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(b) Fierce Polish resistance.
(c) Intense artillery shelling.
(d) A shortage of bridging equipment.
6. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
(a) Tank warfare.
(b) Combined Arms.
(c) Trench warfare.
7. What type of vehicle was the Panther?
(a) A heavy tank.
(b) A tank-destroyer.
(c) A light tank.
(d) An armored personnel carrier.
8. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) The experimental tanks often broke down.
(b) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(c) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
(d) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
9. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 84th Infantry Division.
(b) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
(c) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(d) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
10. When was Heinz Guderian born?
11. During the fighting around Smolensk, Von Kluge threatened to court-martial Guderian and what other German leader?
12. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(b) The Combined Armored Corps.
(c) Army Group V.
(d) The XIX Army Corps.
13. What was Guderian's strategic goal in the invasion of Poland?
(a) To cut the trans-national railway at three points.
(b) To cross the River Brahe.
(c) To harass the Polish rear area.
(d) To surround and capture Warsaw.
14. What conference led to the incorporation of the Sudetenland into Germany?
(a) The Munich Conference.
(b) The Salzburg Conference.
(c) The Vienna Accord.
(d) The Berlin Diet.
15. Guderian became an instructor on what subjects?
(a) Command, intelligence, and control.
(b) Military history and mobile warfare.
(c) Land doctrine and air support.
(d) Supply and logistics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tank production in 1943 was limited due to Hitler's order to produce more of vehicles of what type?
2. How long did Germany expect the invasion of Russia to take?
3. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
4. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
5. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)