|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendices I- XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
(a) He bungled an offensive.
(b) He ordered a withdrawal.
(c) He disobeyed a direct order from Hitler.
(d) He lost most of his tanks in a pitched battle.
2. Guderian described Hitler as being prone to panic in what situations?
(a) When his forces were outnumbered.
(b) When his advisers turned against him.
(c) When things began to go wrong.
(d) After an offensive failed.
3. What did Guderian do when he reached Brest-Litovsk?
(a) He began an artillery bobmardment.
(b) He surrounded the city.
(c) He demanded Polish forces surrender.
(d) He sent scouts into the city.
4. Why was Guderian interrogated following the evacuation of Warsaw?
(a) He refused to engage the Russians.
(b) He defended the officers responsible.
(c) He organized the evacuation.
(d) He botched the evacuation.
5. What did Guderian want to speak to Hitler about during the events of Chapter 12?
(b) A new tank design.
(c) Total surrender.
(d) A new offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
2. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
3. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
4. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
5. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)