|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13- Leading Personalities of the Third Reich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT correctly describe the Waffen-SS?
(b) Hitler's bodyguards.
(c) Elite infantry.
(d) Mass murderers.
2. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(a) Air superiority.
(b) Fast advances.
(d) Direct tank assaults.
3. According to Guderian, why was the German military unable to oppose Hitler?
(a) He was highly successful.
(b) He was from the military himself.
(c) He was a charismatic leader.
(d) He has too many political connections.
4. What did von Kluge attempt to do to Guderian?
(a) Have him demoted.
(b) Challenge him to a duel.
(c) Have him assigned to Siberia.
(d) Assassinate him.
5. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) Contradictory orders.
(b) All available ammunition.
(c) Inadequite supplies.
(d) Inaccurate intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
2. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
3. What did Hitler demand to punish the SS division that failed in its attack on Hungary?
4. About how many German soldiers were lost when Army Group Center was encircled on the Eastern front?
5. Guderian suggested a plan for the Western campaign that had what characteristic?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)