|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chap. 7- On Inactive Service; Chap. 8- The Development of the Armed Forces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
2. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
(b) Heavy tanks.
(d) Motorized infantry.
3. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(b) Army Group V.
(c) The Combined Armored Corps.
(d) The XIX Army Corps.
4. In what branch was Guderian called to serve in 1921?
(a) The Mechanized Army.
(b) The General Staff.
(c) The Home Front.
(d) The Air Ministry.
5. How are the fortresses at Belfort reduced and captured?
(a) By direct assault by tanks.
(b) By using nerve gas.
(c) By sending in infantry covered by an artillery bombardment.
(d) By siege.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
2. The Sudetenland was located within what nation?
3. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
4. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
5. What French Channel port was attacked by Guderian first?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)