|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chap. 7- On Inactive Service; Chap. 8- The Development of the Armed Forces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unusual about the mobile division organized by Guderian under General Lutz's command?
(a) It was labelled as a hospital battalion.
(b) It included no small arms.
(c) It only existed on paper.
(d) It was armed with dummy weapons.
2. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
3. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
(b) Tank production.
(d) Iron deposits.
4. What disadvantage did the Russians face in their defense of the region around Smolensk?
(a) Their forces were mostly militia.
(b) They had lost their chain of command.
(c) They had no air force.
(d) They had no winter clothing.
5. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
2. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
3. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
4. Guderian's role in his new position centered around what?
5. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)