|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chap. 7- On Inactive Service; Chap. 8- The Development of the Armed Forces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
(a) The Odra River.
(b) The Bug River.
(c) River Brahe.
(d) The Vistula.
2. By December of 1941, what hazard killed more German soldiers than enemy action?
3. What was the diplomatic result of Germany's invasion of Poland?
(a) Russia declared war on both Poland and Germany.
(b) England and France promised to protect other European countries.
(c) The United States entered the war.
(d) England and France declared war on Germany.
4. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
5. Hitler's arrival in what Austrian city affected him deeply?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
2. What Russian city did the German Army General Staff still hope that Guderian could take as late as November of 1941?
3. What German commander demanded the glory of destroying the English army at Dunkirk?
4. Why was Guderian unable to press his attack into Dunkirk?
5. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)