|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6- The Campaign in Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
(b) Air superiority.
(c) Direct tank assaults.
(d) Fast advances.
2. What unit was Guderian given command over for the march on Austria?
(a) The 9th Sicherungs Divisions.
(b) The 2nd Panzer Division.
(c) The 84th Infantry Division.
(d) The 1st Fallshirmjager Division.
3. How did the first waves of the 10th Panzer Division cross the Meuse River?
(a) By floating tanks on pontoons.
(b) By assault boat.
(c) By using captured barges.
(d) By using an improvised bridge.
4. What year did Hitler come into power in Germany?
5. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(b) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
(c) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
(d) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War I, the German army was limited to how many men?
2. When was Heinz Guderian born?
3. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
4. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
5. Why did Hitler feel it was reasonable to occupy the Sudetenland?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)