|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6- The Campaign in Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The right flank.
(b) The left flank.
(c) The center.
(d) The defended rivers.
2. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
(a) August 12th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) December 7th.
(d) July 3rd.
3. When did Germany annex the remainder of Czechoslovakia?
(a) November 1938.
(b) September 1939.
(c) December 1938.
(d) May 1939.
4. When did the "Breakthrough to the Channel" begin?
(a) August 9th, 1940.
(b) December 28th, 1939.
(c) January 2nd, 1940.
(d) May 10th, 1940.
5. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
(a) Intense artillery shelling.
(b) A shortage of bridging equipment.
(d) Fierce Polish resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What post was Guderian offered after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
2. Why was Hitler so affected by his arrival in a particular Austrian city?
3. How long did it take Guderian to reach the major strategic point of the Vistula River?
4. Why was Guderian removed from his command by von Kluge?
5. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)