|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6- The Campaign in Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
2. In 1928, Guderian was assigned to teach what military subject?
(a) Combined Arms.
(c) Trench warfare.
(d) Tank warfare.
3. How many French troops surrendeedr to German forces after their defeat at Belfort?
4. When was the Sudetenland incorporated into Germany?
(a) September 1939.
(b) March 1939.
(c) October 1938.
(d) June 1938.
5. What rank did Guderian achieve in 1938?
(a) Field Marshal.
(b) Lieutenant General.
(d) Major General.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
2. What resource in Czechoslovakia proved to be somewhat useful for Germany?
3. When planning the crossing of the Dnieper river, what did Guderian believe to be the only way to prevent the Russians from establishing a new defensive line?
4. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
5. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)