|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5- The Campaign in the West.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Field Marshal Manstein advocated a strategy that would center on an invasion of Belgium and what other nation?
(c) The Netherlands.
2. What was the first city that Guderian attacked in France?
3. What date was the offensive against Brest-Litovsk initiated?
(a) December 1st.
(b) September 1st.
(c) November 5th.
(d) September 8th.
4. What happened to the Austrian army after the successful German march on that nation?
(a) It was incorporated into the German army.
(b) It was disbanded.
(c) It was reduced to a small fraction of its original size.
(d) It was turned into a police force.
5. What does Guderian thank Hitler for after the incorporation of the Sudetenmand into Germany?
(a) For expanding German territory.
(b) For giving him a promotion.
(c) For avoiding war.
(d) For restoring German pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Germany's next target after Czeckoslovakia?
2. What river was Brest-Litovsk located on?
3. What military units were crucial in breaking through the northern part of the Maginot Line?
4. When was the attack against Poland initiated?
5. Where did Guderian see and drive his first tank?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)