|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10- July 20th and Its Sequel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the code name for the German invasion of Russia?
(b) Sea lion.
2. What was the first major action taken by Guderian against Brest-Litovosk?
(a) A motorized division stormed the city, but was repulsed.
(b) A force of armored vehicles scouted its defenses.
(c) SS infantry infiltrated the city at night.
(d) An armored column penetrated the outer defenses of the city.
3. What achievement was Hitler astonished to discover when he visited the troops in Poland?
(a) The mobile infantry had suffered almost no losses.
(b) The tanks were effective against enemy infantry.
(c) Tanks had destroyed whole Polish artillery positions.
(d) The Polish soldiers wanted to join the German army.
4. Why did Guderian accept the new post offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) The position opened more options for promotion.
(b) Honor and pride demanded he accept.
(c) Hitler insisted he accept.
(d) The position gave him access to more resources.
5. Why did Guderian have difficulty in gaining what he sought while on inactive service?
(a) Hitler's totalitarian dictatorship.
(b) His lack of noble breeding.
(c) His lack of political connections.
(d) Von Kluge's influence in the General Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guderian not like about the post that was offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
2. What happened to the Austrian army after the successful German march on that nation?
3. Where were soldiers sent after being tried at the Court of Honor?
4. What was Guderian's primary concern, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
5. Why was Guderian entitled to choose a property in Germany?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)