|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10- July 20th and Its Sequel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the OKH?
(a) The general staff of the army.
(b) The German militia.
(c) The central armored command.
(d) The reserve divisions.
2. What was Guderian's primary concern, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
(a) Proving his innocence.
(b) Organizing tank production.
(c) Protecting Hitler.
(d) Defending East Prussia.
3. In Guderian's story about the Court of Honor, what happened to the soldier, which gave the other soldier the chance to kill himself?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was shot for treason.
(c) He went free.
(d) He was killed under mysterious circumstances.
4. What city did Guderian plan to capture in the first 6 days of the invasion of Russia?
5. What was one difficulty that Guderian's forces encountered during the march into Austria?
(a) They were forced to refuel at Austrian gas stations.
(b) The experimental tanks often broke down.
(c) They encountered resistance from partisans.
(d) They had difficulty clearing minefields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Guderian gratified to reach Kulm?
2. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
3. At the time of Germany's invasion of Russia, how many tanks were produced yearly in Germany?
4. What difficulty did Guderian face in attempting to cross the Narev River?
5. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)