|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10- July 20th and Its Sequel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to von Fritsch, Blomberg, and Lutz at about the same time Guderian was promoted in 1938?
(a) They defected.
(b) They were demoted.
(c) They were also promoted.
(d) They were tried for treason.
2. What was Hitler's reaction to the assassination attempt?
(a) He was unmoved.
(b) He was calm.
(c) He was livid.
(d) He was determined to seek revenge.
3. What command was Guderian given in the preparation for the invasion of Poland?
(a) The Combined Armored Corps.
(b) The SS "Viking" Panzer Division.
(c) The XIX Army Corps.
(d) Army Group V.
4. What did Guderian not like about the post that was offered to him after the occupation of the Sudetenland?
(a) It was militarilly unimportant.
(b) It was a "desk job."
(c) It had insufficient power to improve the panzer armies.
(d) It was a political appointment.
5. What did Guderian think about the bomb plot?
(a) It was a noble gesture.
(b) It could not have helped Germany.
(c) It was treason.
(d) It was extremely foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German Reichstag was equivalent to which of the following?
2. What was Guderian's association with the "Court of Honor"?
3. What happened when Guderian was called to meet with Hitler, following the assassination attempt of July 20th?
4. Late in the first Winter of the campaign against Russia, trucks, and railroads were mostly replaced by what other mode of transportation for supplies?
5. According to Guderian, what was one of the problems the Tiger faced in its early introduction into the war?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)