|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12- The Final Collapse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the fortresses at Belfort reduced and captured?
(a) By siege.
(b) By sending in infantry covered by an artillery bombardment.
(c) By using nerve gas.
(d) By direct assault by tanks.
2. What happened to Guderian when the OKH was bombed?
(a) He lost his hearing.
(b) He barely escaped injury.
(c) His wife was killed.
(d) He lost his leg.
3. The Shlieffen Plan proposed an advance that was strongest where?
(a) The center.
(b) The defended rivers.
(c) The left flank.
(d) The right flank.
4. What did General von Kleist order, causing Guderian to threaten to resign?
(a) Guderian must halt his advance.
(b) Guderian must retreat.
(c) Guderian must use tanks only in a support role.
(d) Guderian must give up his command.
5. Guderian showed Hitler proof that Army Group Vistula's attack received which of the following?
(a) All available ammunition.
(b) Inadequite supplies.
(c) Contradictory orders.
(d) Inaccurate intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major problem limited tank production in late 1943?
2. What was the first nation that Guderian's forces invaded in the "Breakthrough to the Channel"?
3. What did Dr. Geordeler want Guderian to help him with?
4. What did Hitler order Guderian to do after their final confrontation?
5. What recommendation did Hitler make to Guderian, during their discussions, during the events of Chapter 12?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)