|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
2. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
3. After Pamela brings Mr. Andrews up-to-date about the events and plans for her marriage, what does Mr. Andrews do with Pamela's letters?
4. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
5. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In adapting plays and novels for screen, producers and directors often make significant changes to the themes, characters and plot lines of the original. Having studied this novel in detail, evaluate the assertion that the themes, characters and plot lines of "Pamela" would have to be significantly modified to be a successful production for modern screen.
Essay Topic 2
Outline the characteristics of "the novel of manners" and discuss the evidence that "Pamela" deserves this classification.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evolution of the adversarial relationship between Mr. B and Pamela and comment on the role played by this relationship in the novel.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)