|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example of reconciliation takes place in Section 10, following conversations between Mr. B and one of his visitors?
2. As Pamela assumes her own responsibilities as mistress of Bedfordshire, what detailed plans does she make to manage one of her own duties?
3. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
4. When Mr. B informs Mrs. Jewkes about his imminent marriage to Pamela, what is Mrs. Jewkes' main worry?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the section of the novel that occurs when Mr. B declares his love for Pamela and his desire to marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of Mr. B presenting reasons for your portrayal and commenting on the impact of his behavior on the reader at different stages of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of conflict and conflict resolution in "Pamela".
Essay Topic 3
"Pamela" is an exploration of important themes including "love and relationships", "wealth vs. poverty" and "the triumph of virtue over vice". Using specific examples, fully discuss the author's exploration of two of these themes in the novel.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)