|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
2. On the eve of Pamela's departure from Lincolnshire, what specific agreement is reached between Pamela and Miss Darnford?
3. As Lady Davers reacts negatively to the news of the marriage, what does Mr. B insist that Pamela should do?
4. After her marriage, how does the author provide humor when Pamela tries to write Mrs. Jervis about her reinstatement?
5. What disagreement do Pamela and Mr. B have in the early stages of planning their marriage?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evolution of the adversarial relationship between Mr. B and Pamela and comment on the role played by this relationship in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roles of the three most active minor characters in "Pamela". To what extent do they contribute to conflict in the story and how do they assist in the resolution of such conflict?
Essay Topic 3
"Pamela" is an exploration of important themes including "love and relationships", "wealth vs. poverty" and "the triumph of virtue over vice". Using specific examples, fully discuss the author's exploration of two of these themes in the novel.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)