|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
2. When Mr. B asks Pamela what she will do if she is unable to interact with other ladies after they are married, how does Pamela respond?
3. Because the author treats the actual wedding in such an incidental way, this event could be described as a let-down or disappointment to readers expecting a big event. Which of the following terms would best describe such a let-down or disappointment?
4. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
5. How do Pamela and Lady Davers try to deal with Mr. B's rage?
Essay Topic 1
What are the advantages and disadvantages of including "Pamela" in the Literature syllabus for high school students?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roles of the three most active minor characters in "Pamela". To what extent do they contribute to conflict in the story and how do they assist in the resolution of such conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Comment on the importance in a novel of the narrative devices chosen by the writer and discuss with reference to this novel, the strengths and limitations of the epistolary device.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)