|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
(a) That she will not be able to fit in.
(b) That she has been betrayed.
(c) That Mr. B will not follow through with the plan to marry her.
(d) That she is in danger with Mr. B.
2. When Pamela visits Lady Davers, what request does Lady Davers make of Pamela in order to discover more about her experiences?
(a) Lady Davers asks to see Pamela's journal.
(b) She asks her to tell her all about her trials and how they affected her.
(c) She asks to see her letters to her parents.
(d) She asks her not to assume Mr. B's name.
3. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She wants to have nothing more to do with him.
(c) She is too inclined in Mr. B's favor and wishes she was of the right social class for him.
(d) She doesn't trust him.
4. How does Pamela celebrate her marriage when she returns to Bedfordshire?
(a) She gives the servants monetary gifts.
(b) She presents herself to the gentry.
(c) She buys new clothes.
(d) She gets involved with the church.
5. Following his marriage to Pamela, how is Mr. B's generosity revealed?
(a) Through his gifts to Pamela.
(b) Through his gift to the church.
(c) Through his gifts to the servants.
(d) Through his gifts to Pamela, her parents and the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
2. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
3. As Mr B. and Pamela settle down into marriage and Mr. B makes various business arrangements, what news does Mr. B give Pamela that makes her exceptionally happy?
4. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
5. Why is it useful for the author to bring Pamela back to Bedfordshire after her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is achieved by the author causing Lady Davers to oppose the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B when she visits them in Lincolnshire.
2. In Section 10, what is the response of the gentry to Pamela after news of her imminent marriage becomes known?
3. As the newly married couple settle down in Bedforshire, how does the author demonstrate Pamela's adjustment to her new way of life?
4. As the tensions ease between Pamela and Mr. B. in Section 9, what lingering concern does he express to Pamela about a past involvement of hers?
5. Although the anger between Mr. B and his sister has subsided and everything appears to be fine, what lingering concern does Pamela have as a consequence of Lady Davers' outburst?
6. After Mr. B recovers from his fever, how does he deal with Pamela's return?
7. In Section 14, following their departure from the gentry in Lincolnshire, what events follow the return of Pamela and Mr. B to the estate in Bedfordshire?
8. How is irony demonstrated in Mrs. Jewkes reaction to the news that Pamela will soon be her mistress?
9. When Lady Davers abuses Pamela and the quarrel between Lady Davers and Mr. B escalates, what is the final offense committed by Lady Davers and to what does it lead?
10. What does Pamela's attitude to Lady Davers' behavior reveal about her character?
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)