|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. B asks Pamela to make the final decision concerning the day for their marriage, what influences her to choose the day that she chooses?
(a) Her birthday and her parents' anniversary were on Thursday.
(b) She chooses Wednesday because of her birthday.
(c) She chooses Tuesday because her parents were married on that day.
(d) She chooses Friday because of Mr. B's birthday.
2. When Mr. B demands Pamela's letters and she presents them to him in the garden, what information contained in her papers brings a significant response from Mr. B?
(a) He is upset that she feels so negatively towards him.
(b) He realizes how badly he has affected her.
(c) He laments her contemplation of suicide.
(d) He is curious that she worried when he almost drowned.
3. After her marriage, how does the author provide humor when Pamela tries to write Mrs. Jervis about her reinstatement?
(a) He refers to Mr. B making jokes with Pamela.
(b) He refers to Pamela not knowing how to sign her new name.
(c) He makes humorous comments about the gentry.
(d) He makes humorous comments about the servants.
4. When Pamela visits Lady Davers, what request does Lady Davers make of Pamela in order to discover more about her experiences?
(a) Lady Davers asks to see Pamela's journal.
(b) She asks her not to assume Mr. B's name.
(c) She asks to see her letters to her parents.
(d) She asks her to tell her all about her trials and how they affected her.
5. Which of the following terms best describes the section of the novel that occurs when Mr. B declares his love for Pamela and his desire to marry her?
(a) Climax or turning point.
(b) Falling action.
(c) Rising action.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the altercation between Mr. B and Lady Davers escalates, what finally causes the reconciliation between them?
2. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
3. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
4. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
5. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is achieved by the author causing Lady Davers to oppose the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B when she visits them in Lincolnshire.
2. What incident occurs in Section 12 that fulfills the reader's expectation of trouble from Lady Davers?
3. How are Mr. B's generosity and desire to please Pamela demonstrated in Section 12?
4. After Mr. B recovers from his fever, how does he deal with Pamela's return?
5. How does the author treat the actual wedding of Pamela and Mr. B and with what possible effects?
6. While the wedding and its aftermath bring happiness to Mr. B and Pamela, what issue develops in Section 11 that will create conflict for them?
7. What events follow the reading of Pamela's papers by Mr. B?
8. In Section 14 as Pamela and Lady Davers become closer, what information does the older woman seek about Pamela's past?
9. After being abused by Lady Davers, what happens when Pamela eventually arrives at Sir Simon's to meet Mr. B?
10. How does the conflict between Mr. B and Lady Davers escalate at the beginning of Section 13?
This section contains 1,539 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)