|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After this incident in which the Lady Davers makes her revelation and Mr. B becomes enraged, why is Mr. B angry with Pamela as well as Lady Davers?
(a) He believes that Pamela is stooping too much to Lady Davers.
(b) He believes Pamela made the situation worse.
(c) He is ashamed of Pamela because what his sister is saying may be true.
(d) He believes that Pamela should have stayed out of the altercation.
2. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
(a) Mr. Williams might accuse Pamela of causing his troubles.
(b) Mr. Williams might accuse Mr. B of causing his troubles.
(c) She might have done something to encourage his proposal.
(d) She might have damaged her reputation with him.
3. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
(a) He gives her everything she asks for.
(b) He tries to fulfill her wishes, he encourages Pamela to write to her parents, he sends them a gift, and gives Pamela money to disperse amongst the servants.
(c) He swears that he will always make her happy.
(d) He repeatedly promises her never to be unkind again.
4. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
(a) He leaves to confront Lady Davers.
(b) He explains to Pamela that nothing must make her late for such engagements.
(c) He apologizes and becomes angry with Lady Davers.
(d) He sends for Lady Davers.
5. How are Pamela's parents treated upon Mr. B's return to Bedfordshire?
(a) He toasts them and suggests to Mr. Longman that they manage his Kentish estate.
(b) He arranges for them to live there.
(c) He arranges a position in the church for Mr. Andrews and invites Mrs. Andrews to spend her spare time with Pamela.
(d) He arranges a stipend for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
2. As Pamela assumes her own responsibilities as mistress of Bedfordshire, what detailed plans does she make to manage one of her own duties?
3. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
4. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
5. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 8, what unexpected event leads Pamela to further fear and mistrust Mr. B?
2. As the tensions ease between Pamela and Mr. B. in Section 9, what lingering concern does he express to Pamela about a past involvement of hers?
3. How does the conflict between Mr. B and Lady Davers escalate at the beginning of Section 13?
4. As the newly married couple settle down in Bedforshire, how does the author demonstrate Pamela's adjustment to her new way of life?
5. How are Mr. B's generosity and desire to please Pamela demonstrated in Section 12?
6. What does Pamela's attitude to Lady Davers' behavior reveal about her character?
7. While the wedding and its aftermath bring happiness to Mr. B and Pamela, what issue develops in Section 11 that will create conflict for them?
8. What events follow the reading of Pamela's papers by Mr. B?
9. How is irony demonstrated in Mrs. Jewkes reaction to the news that Pamela will soon be her mistress?
10. On the night and day following her wedding, how does Pamela feel about the events that occur?
This section contains 1,550 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)