|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
(a) She storms out and goes home.
(b) She is angry with Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) She falls to her knees and thanks Mr. B.
(d) She angrily attacks Mr. B.
2. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
3. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
(a) They ask to attend and to have a ball afterwards.
(b) They ask the couple to join them for drinks after the ceremony.
(c) They offer to prepare Pamela for her marriage.
(d) They ask that the wedding be held at the church so more people can attend.
4. Which of the following phrases best reflects the theme of the section of the novel in which Mr. B and Lady Davers have their confrontation and then overcome their disagreement?
(b) Conflict and Reconciliation.
5. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
(a) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes to help her.
(b) She calls Jonathan to help her.
(c) She pushes Lady Davers out of her way.
(d) She escapes through a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
2. In Section 10, when members of the gentry visit Mr. B and Pamela, what is their reaction to Pamela?
3. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
4. How does Lady Davers attempt to spoil the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B after she learns of the marriage?
5. When Mr. B demands Pamela's letters and she presents them to him in the garden, what information contained in her papers brings a significant response from Mr. B?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)