|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pamela, Mr. B, and Mr. Andrews go out for an airing in the coach, what is the effect of Pamela's appearance on Mr. Andrews?
(a) He reminds her not to be vain.
(b) He does not recognize her because she is dressed, but he admires her greatly.
(c) He is ashamed that he is too poor and his daughter doesn't fit in.
(d) He is stunned by her apperance.
2. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
(a) Her letter-writing.
(b) Her management of the servants.
(c) Her involvement with other families.
(d) Routine domestic arrangements including dress and hours for eating and sleeping.
3. In Section 14, how does Pamela respond when Lady Davers asks whether she loved Mr. B during her trials?
(a) She says she is unsure whether she did or not.
(b) She claims that she did not love him.
(c) She says she did not have the presumption to do so.
(d) She refuses to answer.
4. When Pamela visits Lady Davers, what request does Lady Davers make of Pamela in order to discover more about her experiences?
(a) She asks her to tell her all about her trials and how they affected her.
(b) Lady Davers asks to see Pamela's journal.
(c) She asks to see her letters to her parents.
(d) She asks her not to assume Mr. B's name.
5. How does Lady Davers attempt to spoil the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B after she learns of the marriage?
(a) She reveals information about Mr. B's past exploits with several women.
(b) She reveals information about Sally Godfrey, the woman whom Mr. B ruined.
(c) She reveals that Mr. B already has a wife who is mentally ill.
(d) She reveals that Mr. B has illegitimate children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
2. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
3. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
4. What roles does Lady Davers' companion play in the confrontation with Mr. B?
5. What event occurs at the home of Pamela and Mr. B on the morning after the confrontation between Lady Davers and Pamela?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 8, how do letters and Pamela's notes play a significant role in the story?
2. After being abused by Lady Davers, what happens when Pamela eventually arrives at Sir Simon's to meet Mr. B?
3. As the newly married couple settle down in Bedforshire, how does the author demonstrate Pamela's adjustment to her new way of life?
4. What events follow the reading of Pamela's papers by Mr. B?
5. In Section 10, what is the response of the gentry to Pamela after news of her imminent marriage becomes known?
6. In Section 14, following their departure from the gentry in Lincolnshire, what events follow the return of Pamela and Mr. B to the estate in Bedfordshire?
7. As the tensions ease between Pamela and Mr. B. in Section 9, what lingering concern does he express to Pamela about a past involvement of hers?
8. Who makes a surprise visit to Pamela and Mr. B in Section 10 and what transpires during the visit?
9. After Mr. B recovers from his fever, how does he deal with Pamela's return?
10. How is irony demonstrated in Mrs. Jewkes reaction to the news that Pamela will soon be her mistress?
This section contains 1,622 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)