|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
(a) Her letter-writing.
(b) Her involvement with other families.
(c) Routine domestic arrangements including dress and hours for eating and sleeping.
(d) Her management of the servants.
2. What is Pamela's state of mind at the end of the section in which she marries Mr. B and he displays his love and generosity?
(a) She is happy but longs for her parents to be near her.
(b) She is happy but wonders if it will last.
(c) She is very happy with nothing left to wish for except her husband's life, health, honor and happiness.
(d) She is happy but sometimes remembers her past trials.
3. As Lady Davers reacts negatively to the news of the marriage, what does Mr. B insist that Pamela should do?
(a) He asks Pamela to speak with Lady Davers privately.
(b) He tells Pamela that she need not have anything to do with his sister.
(c) He insists that Pamela join them for dinner.
(d) He excuses Pamela from dining with them.
4. How does Lady Davers attempt to spoil the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B after she learns of the marriage?
(a) She reveals that Mr. B has illegitimate children.
(b) She reveals information about Sally Godfrey, the woman whom Mr. B ruined.
(c) She reveals information about Mr. B's past exploits with several women.
(d) She reveals that Mr. B already has a wife who is mentally ill.
5. On the eve of Pamela's departure from Lincolnshire, what specific agreement is reached between Pamela and Miss Darnford?
(a) They agree to correspond with each other.
(b) They agree to visit Lady Davers together.
(c) They agree to visit each other.
(d) They agree to take holidays together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela celebrate her marriage when she returns to Bedfordshire?
2. When Pamela becomes aware of this source of opposition to her marriage, why is she very worried?
3. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
4. How are Pamela's parents treated upon Mr. B's return to Bedfordshire?
5. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)