Short Answer Questions Key
1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
Novel of manners.
2. In what century was "Pamela" written?
3. What is the alternative title of the novel?
Or Virtue Rewarded.
4. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
The death of Pamela's lady.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
6. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
He praises her.
This section contains 9,101 words
(approx. 31 pages at 300 words per page)