|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Lady Davers.
(d) Mr. Williams.
2. What reference to marriage does Mr. B include in the articles that he sets out in his proposition to Pamela?
(a) He will marry her after twelve months of cohabitation if her good behavior continues.
(b) He will marry her after she has a child.
(c) He will review the possibility of marrying her after two years.
(d) There is no reference to marriage
3. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
(a) He goes away and discontinues the discussion.
(b) He makes the amendments she requests.
(c) He pledges to improve his offer because he cannot live without her.
(d) He withdraws the articles and proposes marriage.
4. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
(a) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to ask him to help her.
(b) She meets Mr. Williams at the church and seeks help.
(c) She hides a letter to Mr. Williams asking him to help her escape.
(d) She meets Mr. Williams at the post office and describes her plight.
5. How does Mr. B occupy himself in the days after he and Pamela return to Bedfordshire?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He spends long hours in the library.
(c) He is busy with business matters.
(d) He resumes his wild social life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
2. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
3. How does Lady Davers attempt to spoil the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B after she learns of the marriage?
4. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
5. As Mrs. Jewkes expresses her fears about how Pamela will treat her after being married to Mr. B, how does Pamela show her virtuous nature towards Mrs. Jewkes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)