|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
(a) That she must be kept there until her father comes for her.
(b) That she needs to be kept there until Mr. B can join her.
(c) That he means to save her from a dangerous love affair.
(d) That she will be met there by Mrs. Jewkes who will go with her to Bedfordshire.
2. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(b) She wears a disguise.
(c) She hides in a closet.
(d) She goes out of the house.
3. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
(a) He plans to send her to Lady Davers.
(b) He plans to give up all responsibility for her.
(c) He plans to send her to Kent to work for his friends.
(d) He plans to marry Pamela to Mr. Colbrand and buy her on her wedding day.
4. After Pamela's rejection of Mr. B's proposition, Mr B renews his attempt to take liberties with her, resulting in Pamela's fainting. What new worries face Pamela after this incident?
(a) She worries that she may have given in to him after a drink.
(b) She worries that he took advantage of her after she fainted because of his approach to her.
(c) She worries that they will never be able to speak to each other after this.
(d) She is afraid of what her parents will think.
5. Following their return to Bedfordshire, Mr. B brings several persons to meet Pamela. Who are among the earliest to visit?
(a) Mr. Arthur and Mr. Brooks.
(b) Mr. Martin and Mr. Arthur.
(c) Mr. Martin, Mr. Arthur, Mr. Brooks, and Mr. Chambers
(d) Mr. Brooks and Mr. Chambers
Short Answer Questions
1. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
2. As Mr. B relates the story behind the visit to the establishment where they meet a new person, what does Mr. B confess to Pamela about his previous intentions towards her?
3. After the altercation between Mr. B and Lady Davers escalates, what finally causes the reconciliation between them?
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
5. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)