|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
2. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
(a) That he does not understand why his feelings for her are so complicated.
(b) That he has read Pamela's journal and is touched by her concern when he nearly drowned despite the hardships he has put her through.
(c) That he needs time to sort out his feelings.
(d) That he can no longer be in contact with her.
3. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
(a) Lady Davers.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) John Arnold.
4. In what way does the letter delivered from Mr. B to Pamela at the inn lay the foundation for the climax of the story?
(a) Mr. B begs her to return and promises that he will write asking her father permission to marry her.
(b) Mr. B states that Pamela will not be allowed back to his estates.
(c) Mr. Claims that he will have his way with his proposal of cohabitation.
(d) Mr. B indicates that this will be his last letter as he will marry someone else.
5. On the eve of Pamela's departure from Lincolnshire, what specific agreement is reached between Pamela and Miss Darnford?
(a) They agree to take holidays together.
(b) They agree to correspond with each other.
(c) They agree to visit Lady Davers together.
(d) They agree to visit each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
2. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
3. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
4. Upon visiting the home of the new couple in Bedfordshire, how do the visitors respond to Pamela?
5. In Section 14, how does Pamela respond when Lady Davers asks whether she loved Mr. B during her trials?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)