|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
(a) They ask her to defer a decision on the matter.
(b) They suggest that she discuss it with Mr. B.
(c) They forbid her to follow his suggestion.
(d) They encourage her to accept his idea.
2. What reason does the author give in the final narrative passage for having Pamela's letters come to an end?
(a) Her parents will arrive to live at the Kentish estate so letters wlll be unnecessary.
(b) The purposes of her letters have been served.
(c) She will be too busy with her social duties to continue writing.
(d) She will be too busy after having babies to continue writing.
3. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(b) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(d) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
4. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
(a) She must explain that they cannot attend.
(b) They must move to his estate immediately.
(c) She must ensure that they keep it a secret.
(d) She must insist that they invite no relatives on their side.
5. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
(a) She can be free of Mrs. Jewkes directions.
(b) He agrees that she can contact Mr. Williams.
(c) She can go home as long as she returns once per month.
(d) He agrees to lessen her restraints and allow her to write to her parents as long as he can see the letters first.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
2. When Mr. B arrives at Lincolnshire and ignores Pamela, what does Pamela worry about?
3. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
4. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
5. During an airing in the chariot, what impresses Pamela about Mr. B?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)