|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
(a) She is physically attacked by one of them.
(b) She is attacked by both until she leaves.
(c) She is taunted by both and prevented from leaving.
(d) She is called terrible names by both of them.
2. In her desperation to escape from Lincolnshire, Pamela contemplates suicide but she later decides against it; why?
(a) She thinks the situation is not worth her life
(b) She receives a letter of inspiration from her parents.
(c) She fears that it will send her soul to eternal damnation.
(d) She is too afraid.
3. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
(a) He wants an assurance that Mr. Williams had no encouragement from Pamela.
(b) He wants Pamela to have no contact with Mr. Williams.
(c) He wants Pamela to give details about all the discussions between Pamela and Mr. Williams.
(d) He wants Pamela to write to the Church complaining about the actions of Mr. Williams.
4. During an airing in the chariot, what impresses Pamela about Mr. B?
(a) His willingness to reinstate Mrs. Jervis.
(b) His attentiveness to her.
(c) His provisions to take care of her parents.
(d) His discussion of English authors.
5. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(b) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(c) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(d) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
2. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
3. How does Mr. Andrews feel after Pamela tells him all that has transpired leading to the plans for her marriage?
4. In Section 7 when Mr. B makes his surprising new approach to Pamela, how many articles does Mr. B outline to her?
5. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)