|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. B asks Pamela to make the final decision concerning the day for their marriage, what influences her to choose the day that she chooses?
(a) She chooses Friday because of Mr. B's birthday.
(b) She chooses Tuesday because her parents were married on that day.
(c) Her birthday and her parents' anniversary were on Thursday.
(d) She chooses Wednesday because of her birthday.
2. When Pamela becomes aware of this source of opposition to her marriage, why is she very worried?
(a) Because she doesn't want any disagreements with Mr. B and this person.
(b) Because she hopes that everyone will be supportive.
(c) Because of the impact on her father.
(d) Because of the negative impact it will have on Mr. B's relationships.
3. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
(a) She is attacked by both until she leaves.
(b) She is called terrible names by both of them.
(c) She is taunted by both and prevented from leaving.
(d) She is physically attacked by one of them.
4. How does Mr. Andrews feel after Pamela tells him all that has transpired leading to the plans for her marriage?
(a) He is still hostile to Mr. B.
(b) He is distressed.
(c) He is happy to be reunited with Pamela but he is eager to return to tell his wife.
(d) He is anxious about her safety.
5. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) The loss of Pamela's job.
(b) Mr. B's gift.
(c) Mr. B's advances.
(d) The death of Pamela's lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
2. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
3. Soon after arriving in Bedfordshire, what establishment do Mr. B and Pamela visit?
4. Which of the following literary devices is used by the author when he creates a situation in which Mrs. Jewkes is to become Pamela's servant, following Mrs. Jewkes' evil treatment of Pamela?
5. When Pamela, Mr. B, and Mr. Andrews go out for an airing in the coach, what is the effect of Pamela's appearance on Mr. Andrews?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)