|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pamela's state of mind at the end of the section in which she marries Mr. B and he displays his love and generosity?
(a) She is very happy with nothing left to wish for except her husband's life, health, honor and happiness.
(b) She is happy but wonders if it will last.
(c) She is happy but sometimes remembers her past trials.
(d) She is happy but longs for her parents to be near her.
2. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) A job in his sister's house.
(b) Four guineas.
(c) To pay her way home.
3. When Pamela becomes aware of this source of opposition to her marriage, why is she very worried?
(a) Because of the impact on her father.
(b) Because of the negative impact it will have on Mr. B's relationships.
(c) Because she hopes that everyone will be supportive.
(d) Because she doesn't want any disagreements with Mr. B and this person.
4. When it is confirmed for Lady Davers that Mr. B and Pamela are truly married, Lady Davers reacts negatively. What does this reaction to the news reflect about some aspects of the society in which the novel is set?
(a) She shows prejudice by saying that Pamela must not live in the family estate.
(b) She shows prejudice by saying that she doesn't want a servant girl in her family.
(c) She shows the prejudice in the society by accusing Mr. B of marrying the daughter of a beggar.
(d) She shows prejudice by insisting that Pamela should inherit nothing from her family.
5. When Mr. B asks Pamela to make the final decision concerning the day for their marriage, what influences her to choose the day that she chooses?
(a) She chooses Tuesday because her parents were married on that day.
(b) Her birthday and her parents' anniversary were on Thursday.
(c) She chooses Friday because of Mr. B's birthday.
(d) She chooses Wednesday because of her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. B relates the story behind the visit to the establishment where they meet a new person, what does Mr. B confess to Pamela about his previous intentions towards her?
2. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
3. What event occurs at the home of Pamela and Mr. B on the morning after the confrontation between Lady Davers and Pamela?
4. Soon after arriving in Bedfordshire, what establishment do Mr. B and Pamela visit?
5. According to Mr. B, how would a sham marriage have worked against him?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)