|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Williams' house.
(b) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(c) At a farmhouse.
(d) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
2. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
(a) He reveals everything to the gentry.
(b) He reveals everything to Lady Davers.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jewkes everything that has passed between him and Pamela.
(d) He reveals everything to Mr. B.
3. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to come home.
(b) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
(c) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(d) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
4. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(b) She mocks her simplicity.
(c) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(d) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
5. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) So she can send money for her parents.
(b) Because she is not interested in clothes
(c) So she can go home.
(d) Because she wants to save for the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
2. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
4. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
5. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)