|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 388-412.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
(a) That she has been betrayed.
(b) That Mr. B will not follow through with the plan to marry her.
(c) That she is in danger with Mr. B.
(d) That she will not be able to fit in.
2. In Section 14, how does Pamela respond when Lady Davers asks whether she loved Mr. B during her trials?
(a) She claims that she did not love him.
(b) She says she is unsure whether she did or not.
(c) She refuses to answer.
(d) She says she did not have the presumption to do so.
3. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To send back her letters.
(b) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
(c) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
(d) To pray for her.
4. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(b) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(c) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(d) She mocks her simplicity.
5. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
(a) He agrees that she can contact Mr. Williams.
(b) He agrees to lessen her restraints and allow her to write to her parents as long as he can see the letters first.
(c) She can be free of Mrs. Jewkes directions.
(d) She can go home as long as she returns once per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
2. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
3. When Mr. B informs Mrs. Jewkes about his imminent marriage to Pamela, what is Mrs. Jewkes' main worry?
4. What is the alternative title of the novel?
5. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)