|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
(a) Mr. B offers to kiss Pamela but she recalls the sham marriage plan and rejects him, leading to his anger.
(b) Pamela sees a change in him and allows him to kiss her.
(c) Mr. B discovers the true virtue of Pamela and apologizes for everything.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes turns up just as they are about to kiss.
2. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He praises her.
(b) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(d) He calls her childish and simple.
3. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
(a) She writes telling him of her misery.
(b) She writes telling him of her misery and begging him not to see her.
(c) She threatens to tell Lady Davers about her troubles.
(d) She threatens to inform the clergyman about her troubles.
4. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
(a) He apologizes and becomes angry with Lady Davers.
(b) He sends for Lady Davers.
(c) He leaves to confront Lady Davers.
(d) He explains to Pamela that nothing must make her late for such engagements.
5. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
2. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
3. What does Pamela learn through a letter from Mr. Williams about the gentry and their attitude toward her situation?
4. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)