|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(b) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(c) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(d) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
2. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
(a) He chastises her for believing such nonsense.
(b) He claims he knew nothing of it.
(c) He denies it completely.
(d) He admits that he considered it.
3. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
(a) She forbids him to see her.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) Pamela writes him, chiding him for his openness.
(d) She refuses to speak with him.
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(c) He threatens to send her home.
(d) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
5. How does Pamela feel when the young ladies from the gentry invite her to join them for dinner?
(a) She feels comfortable with them.
(b) She dislikes being with them.
(c) She feels unworthy of them.
(d) She knows they are ridiculing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
2. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
3. When Mr. B asks Pamela what she will do if she is unable to interact with other ladies after they are married, how does Pamela respond?
4. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
5. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)