|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
(a) That she has been betrayed.
(b) That she is in danger with Mr. B.
(c) That she will not be able to fit in.
(d) That Mr. B will not follow through with the plan to marry her.
2. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
(a) He is angrier than ever.
(b) He vacillates between negative and positive feelings towards Pamela.
(c) He treats her badly most of the time.
(d) His hostility towards her is diminishing.
3. What disagreement do Pamela and Mr. B have in the early stages of planning their marriage?
(a) He wants to marry quickly and she wants to wait.
(b) He wants a big wedding with the gentry presnt and she is too shy for this.
(c) She wants to marry privately and he wants to marry in a church.
(d) He wants to marry privately and she wants to marry in a church.
4. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She wishes him well for his mother's sake.
(c) She has mixed feelings about him.
(d) She is determined to take revenge.
5. After Pamela's failed attempt at escaping, what news of Mr. B causes her to worry about him?
(a) She hears of his fall from a horse.
(b) She hears of him almost drowning in a hunting accident.
(c) She hears of him being held up by thugs.
(d) She hears of him being shot in a hunting accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
2. At the beginning of Section 6, what tragedy befalls Mr. Williams?
3. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
4. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
5. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)