|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
(a) Eating and Drinking.
(b) Playing cards and dancing.
(c) Eating, drinking, and reading poetry.
(d) Socializing and eating.
2. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
(a) He will pay Pamela's father a fixed sum to cover Pamela's expenses.
(b) He will give her five hundred guineas.
(c) He will contribute to paying off the debts of Pamela's parents.
(d) He will pay Pamela a stipend each month.
3. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He is desperate and depressed.
(c) He is distresed and acting in a crazy manner.
(d) He is drunk.
4. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He calls her childish and simple.
(b) He praises her.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
5. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
(a) She asks for time to consider.
(b) She writes rejecting him and asking him to reconsider before ruining her.
(c) She asks to discuss the matter with her father.
(d) She accepts them but asks for two to be changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela feel when the young ladies from the gentry invite her to join them for dinner?
2. After Pamela's rejection of Mr. B's proposition, Mr B renews his attempt to take liberties with her, resulting in Pamela's fainting. What new worries face Pamela after this incident?
3. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
4. After her marriage, how does the author provide humor when Pamela tries to write Mrs. Jervis about her reinstatement?
5. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)