|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(b) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(c) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
(d) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
2. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(c) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(d) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
3. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
(a) He denies it completely.
(b) He chastises her for believing such nonsense.
(c) He admits that he considered it.
(d) He claims he knew nothing of it.
4. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(b) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(c) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(d) She mocks her simplicity.
5. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
(a) He locks himself in the closet.
(b) He leaves in anger.
(c) He dismisses Pamela again.
(d) He apologizes to Pamela.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
2. How does Pamela feel when the young ladies from the gentry invite her to join them for dinner?
3. How are Pamela's chastity and innocence demonstrated after her marriage?
4. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
5. How is Pamela's loyalty displayed after her marriage?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)