|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
(a) That she will not be able to fit in.
(b) That she is in danger with Mr. B.
(c) That she has been betrayed.
(d) That Mr. B will not follow through with the plan to marry her.
2. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(b) She dismisses their advice.
(c) She promises to be careful.
(d) She agrees with their advice.
3. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(b) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
4. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
(b) She fears that she has feelings for him.
(c) She is annoyed with herself.
(d) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
5. Pamela's worries about Mr. B's safety and about what he might have heard from Mrs. Jewkes about Pamela, suggest that she has mixed feelings about Mr. B even though he has been so brutal to her; which of the following literary devices is exemplified in this situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
2. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
3. What are the significant aspects of the conversations between Mr. B and the third visitor prior to the marriage between Mr. B and Pamela?
4. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
5. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)