|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
2. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
(a) Lady Davers.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) John Arnold.
3. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
(a) Eating and Drinking.
(b) Playing cards and dancing.
(c) Socializing and eating.
(d) Eating, drinking, and reading poetry.
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He threatens to dismiss her.
(b) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
(c) He dismisses her.
(d) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
5. When Pamela becomes aware of this source of opposition to her marriage, why is she very worried?
(a) Because she doesn't want any disagreements with Mr. B and this person.
(b) Because of the negative impact it will have on Mr. B's relationships.
(c) Because of the impact on her father.
(d) Because she hopes that everyone will be supportive.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Section 7, it is evident that Mr. B has contradictory feelings about Pamela. How does he communicate these feelings to Pamela?
2. In what century was "Pamela" written?
3. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
4. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)