|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
(a) That Mr. B is simply trying another way to destroy her virtue.
(b) That people will be rude to Mr. B for marrying below his station.
(c) That Mr. B might turn against her once more.
(d) That Lady Davers will be hostile to her.
2. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
(b) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
(c) To send back her letters.
(d) To pray for her.
3. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) A job in his sister's house.
(b) To pay her way home.
(c) Four guineas.
4. How is Pamela's loyalty displayed after her marriage?
(a) She forgives Jonathan.
(b) Through her attitude to her parents.
(c) She forgives Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) She asks Mr. B to reinstate Mrs. Jervis, Mr. Longman, and Mr. Jonathan.
5. As the marriage between Mr. B and Pamela looms and then becomes reality, which character continues to worry that Pamela will treat him / her badly because of past wrongs done to Pamela?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Mr. B.
(c) Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
2. In Section 10, when members of the gentry visit Mr. B and Pamela, what is their reaction to Pamela?
3. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
4. As Mrs. Jewkes expresses her fears about how Pamela will treat her after being married to Mr. B, how does Pamela show her virtuous nature towards Mrs. Jewkes?
5. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)