|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
2. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
(a) She pushes Lady Davers out of her way.
(b) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes to help her.
(c) She calls Jonathan to help her.
(d) She escapes through a window.
3. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she wants to save for the future.
(b) So she can go home.
(c) Because she is not interested in clothes
(d) So she can send money for her parents.
4. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(c) To provide her with security.
(d) To prevent her from having to work for him.
5. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
(a) They offer to prepare Pamela for her marriage.
(b) They ask that the wedding be held at the church so more people can attend.
(c) They ask to attend and to have a ball afterwards.
(d) They ask the couple to join them for drinks after the ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
2. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
3. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
4. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
5. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)