|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
(a) She must ensure that they keep it a secret.
(b) She must explain that they cannot attend.
(c) They must move to his estate immediately.
(d) She must insist that they invite no relatives on their side.
2. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
(a) Family relationships.
(b) The relationship between men and women.
(c) The attitude of the lower class to the upper class.
(d) The power of the rich over the poor.
3. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
(a) Sir Simon's family, Mr. Peters, his wife and niece, and Lady Jones and her sister-in-law .
(b) Mr Coulbrand and Sir Simon.
(c) Lady Jones and her sister-in-law.
(d) Lady Davers. Jackey and the entourage.
4. Upon hearing that Lady Davers plans to visit, how does Pamela advise Mr. B to respond?
(a) She warns him to keep Lady Davers away from her.
(b) She asks him to keep Lady Davers quiet.
(c) She urges him to be kind to his sister.
(d) She encourages him to seek the support of his sister.
5. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
(a) Mr. Andrews asks Mr. Williams to stay out of the situation.
(b) Mr. B forbids Mr. Williams to help her.
(c) Mr. Williams no longer wants to help her.
(d) The death of Mr. Williams' colleague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
2. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
3. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
4. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
5. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)