|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
(a) He is angry and treats his wife coldly.
(b) He demands an explanation.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He greets her warmly.
2. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
3. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Mr. Williams.
4. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(b) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(d) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
5. When Mr. B asks Pamela to make the final decision concerning the day for their marriage, what influences her to choose the day that she chooses?
(a) She chooses Wednesday because of her birthday.
(b) She chooses Friday because of Mr. B's birthday.
(c) Her birthday and her parents' anniversary were on Thursday.
(d) She chooses Tuesday because her parents were married on that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
2. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
3. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
4. When Pamela arrives for tea at Mr. Simons and relates the incident with Lady Davers, how do Sir Simon's guests respond to Pamela?
5. According to Mr. B, how would a sham marriage have worked against him?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)