|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
(a) He tells her to be careful of the clergyman.
(b) He tells her he is sorry for his poor behavior.
(c) He writes begging Pamela to see him.
(d) He tells her to pay attention to the guidance of Mrs. Jewkes.
2. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
(a) He denies it completely.
(b) He chastises her for believing such nonsense.
(c) He claims he knew nothing of it.
(d) He admits that he considered it.
3. Which of the following literary devices is used by the author when he creates a situation in which Mrs. Jewkes is to become Pamela's servant, following Mrs. Jewkes' evil treatment of Pamela?
4. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(c) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(d) To provide her with security.
5. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
(a) That Mr. B will not follow through with the plan to marry her.
(b) That she has been betrayed.
(c) That she will not be able to fit in.
(d) That she is in danger with Mr. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. B asks Pamela to make the final decision concerning the day for their marriage, what influences her to choose the day that she chooses?
2. At the end of Section 7, it is evident that Mr. B has contradictory feelings about Pamela. How does he communicate these feelings to Pamela?
3. According to Mr. B, how would a sham marriage have worked against him?
4. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
5. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)