|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) John Arnold.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
2. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(b) He threatens to dismiss her.
(c) He dismisses her.
(d) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
3. When Mr. B demands Pamela's letters and she presents them to him in the garden, what information contained in her papers brings a significant response from Mr. B?
(a) He realizes how badly he has affected her.
(b) He laments her contemplation of suicide.
(c) He is upset that she feels so negatively towards him.
(d) He is curious that she worried when he almost drowned.
4. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
(a) He plans to give up all responsibility for her.
(b) He plans to marry Pamela to Mr. Colbrand and buy her on her wedding day.
(c) He plans to send her to Lady Davers.
(d) He plans to send her to Kent to work for his friends.
5. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
2. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
3. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
4. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)