|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
(a) He plans to send her to Lady Davers.
(b) He plans to give up all responsibility for her.
(c) He plans to marry Pamela to Mr. Colbrand and buy her on her wedding day.
(d) He plans to send her to Kent to work for his friends.
2. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
(a) He is angrier than ever.
(b) His hostility towards her is diminishing.
(c) He treats her badly most of the time.
(d) He vacillates between negative and positive feelings towards Pamela.
3. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(b) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(c) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(d) He proposes marriage.
4. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She dismisses it altogether.
(d) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
5. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
(a) She refuses to speak with him.
(b) She forbids him to see her.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) Pamela writes him, chiding him for his openness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
2. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
3. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
4. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
5. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)