|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
(a) That he needs time to sort out his feelings.
(b) That he does not understand why his feelings for her are so complicated.
(c) That he can no longer be in contact with her.
(d) That he has read Pamela's journal and is touched by her concern when he nearly drowned despite the hardships he has put her through.
2. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He proposes marriage.
(b) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(c) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(d) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
3. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
(a) That she must be kept there until her father comes for her.
(b) That she needs to be kept there until Mr. B can join her.
(c) That she will be met there by Mrs. Jewkes who will go with her to Bedfordshire.
(d) That he means to save her from a dangerous love affair.
4. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Lady Davers.
5. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(b) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(c) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(d) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
2. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
3. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
4. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
5. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)