|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
(b) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
(c) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
(d) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
2. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
(a) He will give her five hundred guineas.
(b) He will contribute to paying off the debts of Pamela's parents.
(c) He will pay Pamela's father a fixed sum to cover Pamela's expenses.
(d) He will pay Pamela a stipend each month.
3. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
(a) Mr. B discovers the true virtue of Pamela and apologizes for everything.
(b) Mr. B offers to kiss Pamela but she recalls the sham marriage plan and rejects him, leading to his anger.
(c) Pamela sees a change in him and allows him to kiss her.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes turns up just as they are about to kiss.
4. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(b) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(d) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
5. In Section 10, when members of the gentry visit Mr. B and Pamela, what is their reaction to Pamela?
(a) They are distant.
(b) They are respectful but unfriendly.
(c) They are cordial.
(d) Everyone praises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
2. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
3. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
4. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
5. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)