|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
(a) He is distresed and acting in a crazy manner.
(b) He is desperate and depressed.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is very ill.
2. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(b) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(c) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
3. At the beginning of Section 6, what tragedy befalls Mr. Williams?
(a) Mr. B attacks him for interfering with Pamela.
(b) He is dismissed from the Church.
(c) He is attacked by two rogues and his belongings are stolen.
(d) He is involved in an accident.
4. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
(a) He reveals everything to Lady Davers.
(b) He reveals everything to Mr. B.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jewkes everything that has passed between him and Pamela.
(d) He reveals everything to the gentry.
5. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
(a) He leaves in anger.
(b) He dismisses Pamela again.
(c) He apologizes to Pamela.
(d) He locks himself in the closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
2. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
3. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
4. After returning to Mr. B at Lincolnshire, what happens when Pamela visits Mr. B at the beginning of Section 9?
5. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)