|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Andrews feel after Pamela tells him all that has transpired leading to the plans for her marriage?
(a) He is happy to be reunited with Pamela but he is eager to return to tell his wife.
(b) He is still hostile to Mr. B.
(c) He is anxious about her safety.
(d) He is distressed.
2. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(b) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(c) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(d) He proposes marriage.
3. When Mr. B informs Mrs. Jewkes about his imminent marriage to Pamela, what is Mrs. Jewkes' main worry?
(a) That Mr. B will resent the role she played against Pamela.
(b) That Pamela will give her a lowly position in the household.
(c) That Pamela will dismiss her.
(d) That as her mistress, Pamela will be in a position to take revenge against Mrs. Jewkes who treated her very badly.
4. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
(b) He says she has already left for home.
(c) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
(d) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
5. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 10, when members of the gentry visit Mr. B and Pamela, what is their reaction to Pamela?
2. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
3. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
4. In what century was "Pamela" written?
5. When Mr. B demands Pamela's letters and she presents them to him in the garden, what information contained in her papers brings a significant response from Mr. B?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)