|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes is appealing to Mr. B to save Pamela from disgrace.
(b) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B to make an honest woman of Pamela.
(c) Mr. B refuses to go along with Mrs. Jewkes' suggestion that he should ruin Pamela.
(d) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B not to disgrace the family with any further rumors about Pamela and himself.
2. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. B.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
3. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
(a) They encourage her to accept his idea.
(b) They forbid her to follow his suggestion.
(c) They ask her to defer a decision on the matter.
(d) They suggest that she discuss it with Mr. B.
4. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She dismisses it altogether.
(b) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) A job in his sister's house.
(c) Four guineas.
(d) To pay her way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
2. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
3. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
4. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
5. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)