|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
(a) He dismisses her because she takes Pamela's side against him.
(b) He dismisses her because she knows too much.
(c) He moves her to another estate
(d) He dismisses her because she threatens to reveal his actions.
2. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
(a) He plans to send her to Lady Davers.
(b) He plans to give up all responsibility for her.
(c) He plans to send her to Kent to work for his friends.
(d) He plans to marry Pamela to Mr. Colbrand and buy her on her wedding day.
3. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
(a) He tells Mrs. Jewkes everything that has passed between him and Pamela.
(b) He reveals everything to Lady Davers.
(c) He reveals everything to the gentry.
(d) He reveals everything to Mr. B.
4. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
(a) The death of Mr. Williams' colleague.
(b) Mr. B forbids Mr. Williams to help her.
(c) Mr. Andrews asks Mr. Williams to stay out of the situation.
(d) Mr. Williams no longer wants to help her.
5. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
(b) She dismisses it altogether.
(c) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(d) She agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
2. While entertaining his guests who show support for him and Pamela, how does Mr. B show his willingness to accept responsibility for his past wrongs?
3. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
4. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
5. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)