|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 8, Pamela again discovers by accident, that Mr. B is devising yet another scheme to have his way with her. Of what does this scheme consist?
(a) He plans to sue Mr. Williams for assault.
(b) He plans to make arrangements for Pamela's parents to take money for allowing Pamela to live with him.
(c) He plans to hire an attorney to stage a false marriage between her and Mr. B.
(d) He plans to marry someone of his own social class.
2. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
(a) He vacillates between negative and positive feelings towards Pamela.
(b) He is angrier than ever.
(c) His hostility towards her is diminishing.
(d) He treats her badly most of the time.
3. Which of the following literary devices is used by the author when he creates a situation in which Mrs. Jewkes is to become Pamela's servant, following Mrs. Jewkes' evil treatment of Pamela?
4. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
(a) He will pay Pamela's father a fixed sum to cover Pamela's expenses.
(b) He will contribute to paying off the debts of Pamela's parents.
(c) He will give her five hundred guineas.
(d) He will pay Pamela a stipend each month.
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She dismisses their advice.
(b) She agrees with their advice.
(c) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(d) She promises to be careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. B, how would a sham marriage have worked against him?
2. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
3. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
4. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
5. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)