|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
(a) She can go home as long as she returns once per month.
(b) She can be free of Mrs. Jewkes directions.
(c) He agrees that she can contact Mr. Williams.
(d) He agrees to lessen her restraints and allow her to write to her parents as long as he can see the letters first.
2. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(b) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
(c) They advise her to come home.
(d) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
3. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She fears that she has feelings for him.
(b) She is annoyed with herself.
(c) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
(d) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(b) He threatens to send her home.
(c) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(d) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
5. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) John Arnold.
(c) Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
2. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
3. What reference to marriage does Mr. B include in the articles that he sets out in his proposition to Pamela?
4. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
5. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)