|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is obstinate.
(d) He is dishonest.
2. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mr. B.
3. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
4. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Williams' house.
(b) At a farmhouse.
(c) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(d) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
5. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
(c) Wicked Witch.
(d) Agent of the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
2. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
3. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
4. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
5. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)