|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
(a) He agrees to lessen her restraints and allow her to write to her parents as long as he can see the letters first.
(b) She can be free of Mrs. Jewkes directions.
(c) She can go home as long as she returns once per month.
(d) He agrees that she can contact Mr. Williams.
2. When Mr. B arrives at Lincolnshire and ignores Pamela, what does Pamela worry about?
(a) That he will resume his abuses.
(b) That he is listening to Mrs. Jewkes' complaints against her.
(c) That he will send her away.
(d) That he will cause Mr. Jewkes to limit Pamela's movements even more.
3. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
(b) She accepts and apologizes.
(c) She promises to think about it.
(d) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
4. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Mr. B.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Her father.
5. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she is not interested in clothes
(b) So she can go home.
(c) Because she wants to save for the future.
(d) So she can send money for her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
2. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
3. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
4. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
5. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)