|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7 when Mr. B makes his surprising new approach to Pamela, how many articles does Mr. B outline to her?
2. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of stealing.
(b) Of lying.
(c) Of being useless and artful.
(d) Of neglecting her duties.
3. After Pamela's failed attempt at escaping, what news of Mr. B causes her to worry about him?
(a) She hears of him being shot in a hunting accident.
(b) She hears of his fall from a horse.
(c) She hears of him almost drowning in a hunting accident.
(d) She hears of him being held up by thugs.
4. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(b) They advise her to come home.
(c) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
(d) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
5. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(b) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(c) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(d) She mocks her simplicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
2. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
3. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
4. What is the alternative title of the novel?
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)