|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describe the attitude reflected in Mr. B's proposition and in the articles that he presents to Pamela?
(a) Pride, arrogance and disrespect.
(b) Pride, generosity and concern.
(c) Penitence, reflection and regret.
(d) Humility, generosity and self-confidence.
2. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
(a) They suggest that she discuss it with Mr. B.
(b) They encourage her to accept his idea.
(c) They ask her to defer a decision on the matter.
(d) They forbid her to follow his suggestion.
3. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
(a) She offers Mr. Williams half her money to procure a horse and carriage.
(b) She promises to meet Mr. Williams at an agreed location from which he will take her to her parents.
(c) She writes to Mr. B and points out that she will find her way home.
(d) She writes a letter to her father asking him to meet her.
4. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
(a) He withdraws the articles and proposes marriage.
(b) He goes away and discontinues the discussion.
(c) He makes the amendments she requests.
(d) He pledges to improve his offer because he cannot live without her.
5. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
(a) Mr. B visits Pamela and commands her to dine with him.
(b) He encourages her to contact Mr. Williams.
(c) He asks her to be his wife.
(d) Mr. B asks her to be his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
2. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
3. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
4. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
5. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)