|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(c) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
2. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
(a) He plans to use his influence to have Mr. Williams dismissed from the Church.
(b) He plans to have Mr. Williams imprisoned for debt.
(c) He plans to cause Mr. Williams to be sued.
(d) He plans to have Mr. Williams lose his house.
3. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
(a) The relationship between men and women.
(b) The attitude of the lower class to the upper class.
(c) Family relationships.
(d) The power of the rich over the poor.
4. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(b) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(c) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(d) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
5. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
(c) Wicked Witch.
(d) Agent of the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
2. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
3. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
4. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)