|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He considers it an obstacle.
(b) He respects it.
(c) He considers it insincere.
(d) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
2. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
(b) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(d) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
3. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) Mr. B.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
4. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He says she has already left for home.
(b) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
(c) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
(d) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
5. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(b) To provide her with security.
(c) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(d) To end his responsibility for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
2. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
3. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
4. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
5. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)