|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
(a) She writes to Mr. B and points out that she will find her way home.
(b) She writes a letter to her father asking him to meet her.
(c) She offers Mr. Williams half her money to procure a horse and carriage.
(d) She promises to meet Mr. Williams at an agreed location from which he will take her to her parents.
2. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He threatens to send her home.
(b) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(c) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(d) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(c) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(d) At Williams' house.
4. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
(a) He offers her new clothes.
(b) He offers her money.
(c) He promises to give her a higher place in the household.
(d) He offers her a holiday.
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(b) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(c) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(d) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
2. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
3. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
4. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
5. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)