|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She dismisses it altogether.
(c) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(d) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
2. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) A job in his sister's house.
(b) To pay her way home.
(c) Four guineas.
3. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(b) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(c) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(d) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
4. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
(b) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
(c) She is annoyed with herself.
(d) She fears that she has feelings for him.
5. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
(a) He makes the amendments she requests.
(b) He goes away and discontinues the discussion.
(c) He withdraws the articles and proposes marriage.
(d) He pledges to improve his offer because he cannot live without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
2. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
3. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
4. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
5. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)