|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
(a) Jonathan the messenger who delivers her letters to her parents, is employed to Mr. B who has been reading them.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
(c) Mrs. Jervis has been intercepting her letters for Mr. B.
(d) Robin has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
2. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(c) He threatens to send her home.
(d) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
3. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She agrees with their advice.
(b) She dismisses their advice.
(c) She promises to be careful.
(d) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
4. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(b) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
(c) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
(d) They advise her to come home.
5. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(b) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(c) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(d) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
2. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
3. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
4. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
5. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)