|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it an obstacle.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it insincere.
2. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(c) Novel of manners.
(d) Coming of age.
3. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
(a) He tells Pamela that he will make it up to her by helping her.
(b) He explains that he has no choice but to help Mr. B.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He promises to stop helping Mr. B.
4. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
(a) He promises to give her a higher place in the household.
(b) He offers her new clothes.
(c) He offers her a holiday.
(d) He offers her money.
5. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
(a) She write to Mr. Longman.
(b) She asks Mrs Jewkes to help her.
(c) She identifies a sober clergyman whom she trusts to help her.
(d) She writes to Sir Simon.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
2. After Pamela's failed attempt at escaping, what news of Mr. B causes her to worry about him?
3. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
4. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
5. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)