|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) John Arnold.
(d) Lady Davers.
2. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(b) He says virtue is more important than life.
(c) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
(d) He says virtue is of great importance.
3. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To provide her with security.
(b) To end his responsibility for her.
(c) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(d) To prevent her from having to work for him.
4. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
5. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
(a) He makes the amendments she requests.
(b) He pledges to improve his offer because he cannot live without her.
(c) He withdraws the articles and proposes marriage.
(d) He goes away and discontinues the discussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
2. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
3. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
4. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
5. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)