|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
(a) He offers her new clothes.
(b) He offers her money.
(c) He offers her a holiday.
(d) He promises to give her a higher place in the household.
2. In her desperation to escape from Lincolnshire, Pamela contemplates suicide but she later decides against it; why?
(a) She fears that it will send her soul to eternal damnation.
(b) She thinks the situation is not worth her life
(c) She is too afraid.
(d) She receives a letter of inspiration from her parents.
3. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
(a) She asks for time to consider.
(b) She asks to discuss the matter with her father.
(c) She writes rejecting him and asking him to reconsider before ruining her.
(d) She accepts them but asks for two to be changed.
4. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
(a) Jonathan the messenger who delivers her letters to her parents, is employed to Mr. B who has been reading them.
(b) Robin has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
(c) Mrs. Jervis has been intercepting her letters for Mr. B.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
5. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of neglecting her duties.
(b) Of stealing.
(c) Of being useless and artful.
(d) Of lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
2. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
3. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
4. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
5. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)