|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
(a) He will pay Pamela a stipend each month.
(b) He will give her five hundred guineas.
(c) He will contribute to paying off the debts of Pamela's parents.
(d) He will pay Pamela's father a fixed sum to cover Pamela's expenses.
2. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it insincere.
(c) He considers it an obstacle.
(d) He respects it.
3. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(b) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
4. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(b) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
(c) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
(d) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
5. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
(a) He plans to use his influence to have Mr. Williams dismissed from the Church.
(b) He plans to cause Mr. Williams to be sued.
(c) He plans to have Mr. Williams lose his house.
(d) He plans to have Mr. Williams imprisoned for debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
2. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
3. In Section 7 when Mr. B makes his surprising new approach to Pamela, how many articles does Mr. B outline to her?
4. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
5. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)