|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: pages 160-189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
2. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(b) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(c) She mocks her simplicity.
(d) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
3. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) No one must accompany her.
(b) She must be taken directly home.
(c) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
(d) Her father should come to take her.
4. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
(a) He wants Pamela to write to the Church complaining about the actions of Mr. Williams.
(b) He wants Pamela to give details about all the discussions between Pamela and Mr. Williams.
(c) He wants an assurance that Mr. Williams had no encouragement from Pamela.
(d) He wants Pamela to have no contact with Mr. Williams.
5. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
(b) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(c) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(d) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
2. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
4. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
5. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)