|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She wears a disguise.
(b) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(c) She hides in a closet.
(d) She goes out of the house.
2. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) The loss of Pamela's job.
(b) Mr. B's gift.
(c) Mr. B's advances.
(d) The death of Pamela's lady.
3. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) John Arnold.
(d) Lady Davers.
4. At the beginning of Section 6, what tragedy befalls Mr. Williams?
(a) Mr. B attacks him for interfering with Pamela.
(b) He is dismissed from the Church.
(c) He is involved in an accident.
(d) He is attacked by two rogues and his belongings are stolen.
5. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
(b) She promises to think about it.
(c) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(d) She accepts and apologizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
2. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
3. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
4. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
5. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)