|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
(a) Mrs. Jervis has been intercepting her letters for Mr. B.
(b) Jonathan the messenger who delivers her letters to her parents, is employed to Mr. B who has been reading them.
(c) Robin has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
2. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it insincere.
(c) He considers it an obstacle.
(d) He respects it.
3. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She goes out of the house.
(b) She hides in a closet.
(c) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(d) She wears a disguise.
4. What does Pamela learn through a letter from Mr. Williams about the gentry and their attitude toward her situation?
(a) They regret her situation but are unwilling to anger Mr. B by helping her.
(b) They are sorry for her.
(c) They are willing to help her.
(d) They consider her an outsider.
5. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
(a) He plans to have Mr. Williams lose his house.
(b) He plans to cause Mr. Williams to be sued.
(c) He plans to use his influence to have Mr. Williams dismissed from the Church.
(d) He plans to have Mr. Williams imprisoned for debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
2. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
3. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
4. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
5. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)