|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pamela's worries about Mr. B's safety and about what he might have heard from Mrs. Jewkes about Pamela, suggest that she has mixed feelings about Mr. B even though he has been so brutal to her; which of the following literary devices is exemplified in this situation?
2. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
3. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She fears that she has feelings for him.
(b) She is annoyed with herself.
(c) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
(d) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(c) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(d) He threatens to send her home.
5. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(c) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
2. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
3. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
4. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
5. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)