|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 6, what tragedy befalls Mr. Williams?
(a) Mr. B attacks him for interfering with Pamela.
(b) He is involved in an accident.
(c) He is attacked by two rogues and his belongings are stolen.
(d) He is dismissed from the Church.
2. After Pamela's failed attempt at escaping, what news of Mr. B causes her to worry about him?
(a) She hears of him being held up by thugs.
(b) She hears of his fall from a horse.
(c) She hears of him almost drowning in a hunting accident.
(d) She hears of him being shot in a hunting accident.
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(c) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(d) At Williams' house.
4. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(d) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
5. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
(a) They forbid her to follow his suggestion.
(b) They encourage her to accept his idea.
(c) They suggest that she discuss it with Mr. B.
(d) They ask her to defer a decision on the matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
2. Pamela's worries about Mr. B's safety and about what he might have heard from Mrs. Jewkes about Pamela, suggest that she has mixed feelings about Mr. B even though he has been so brutal to her; which of the following literary devices is exemplified in this situation?
3. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
4. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
5. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)