|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(a) Coming of age.
(d) Novel of manners.
2. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
(a) The offer of employment by Lady Danvers.
(b) His threat to dismiss her.
(c) His promise to keep her on as a maid.
(d) His attempt to kiss her.
3. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They are happy to see her go.
(b) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They mourn at her departure.
4. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
(a) He dismisses her because she threatens to reveal his actions.
(b) He dismisses her because she knows too much.
(c) He moves her to another estate
(d) He dismisses her because she takes Pamela's side against him.
5. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He proposes marriage.
(b) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(c) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(d) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
2. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
3. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
4. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
5. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)