|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
(b) She fears that she has feelings for him.
(c) She is annoyed with herself.
(d) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
2. When Mr. B arrives at Lincolnshire and ignores Pamela, what does Pamela worry about?
(a) That he will resume his abuses.
(b) That he will cause Mr. Jewkes to limit Pamela's movements even more.
(c) That he is listening to Mrs. Jewkes' complaints against her.
(d) That he will send her away.
3. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) Four guineas.
(b) To pay her way home.
(d) A job in his sister's house.
4. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(b) He denies that they were serious.
(c) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
(d) He claims that they did not occur.
5. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(d) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
2. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
3. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
4. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
5. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)