|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. B arrives at Lincolnshire and ignores Pamela, what does Pamela worry about?
(a) That he will cause Mr. Jewkes to limit Pamela's movements even more.
(b) That he is listening to Mrs. Jewkes' complaints against her.
(c) That he will resume his abuses.
(d) That he will send her away.
2. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
(a) He plans to have Mr. Williams lose his house.
(b) He plans to use his influence to have Mr. Williams dismissed from the Church.
(c) He plans to cause Mr. Williams to be sued.
(d) He plans to have Mr. Williams imprisoned for debt.
3. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The eighteenth.
(b) The sixteenth.
(c) The seventeenth.
(d) The nineteenth.
4. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
(a) He dismisses her because she threatens to reveal his actions.
(b) He dismisses her because she knows too much.
(c) He moves her to another estate
(d) He dismisses her because she takes Pamela's side against him.
5. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
(a) Mr. Williams no longer wants to help her.
(b) Mr. B forbids Mr. Williams to help her.
(c) The death of Mr. Williams' colleague.
(d) Mr. Andrews asks Mr. Williams to stay out of the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
2. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
4. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
5. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)