|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(b) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She dismisses it altogether.
2. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
3. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The eighteenth.
(b) The seventeenth.
(c) The nineteenth.
(d) The sixteenth.
4. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
(a) Pamela writes him, chiding him for his openness.
(b) She refuses to speak with him.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She forbids him to see her.
5. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(c) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(d) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
2. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
3. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
4. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
5. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)