|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(b) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(c) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(d) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
2. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(b) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(c) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(d) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
3. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He kisses and gropes her.
(d) He beats her.
4. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He proposes marriage.
(b) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(c) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(d) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
5. What does Pamela learn through a letter from Mr. Williams about the gentry and their attitude toward her situation?
(a) They are sorry for her.
(b) They regret her situation but are unwilling to anger Mr. B by helping her.
(c) They are willing to help her.
(d) They consider her an outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
2. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
3. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
4. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
5. What advice do Pamela's parents send her in response to Mr. Williams' earlier suggestion to Pamela?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)