|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She forbids him to see her.
(c) She refuses to speak with him.
(d) Pamela writes him, chiding him for his openness.
2. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
(a) He plans to have Mr. Williams imprisoned for debt.
(b) He plans to have Mr. Williams lose his house.
(c) He plans to cause Mr. Williams to be sued.
(d) He plans to use his influence to have Mr. Williams dismissed from the Church.
3. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She agrees with their advice.
(b) She promises to be careful.
(c) She dismisses their advice.
(d) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
4. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
(a) She promises to meet Mr. Williams at an agreed location from which he will take her to her parents.
(b) She writes to Mr. B and points out that she will find her way home.
(c) She offers Mr. Williams half her money to procure a horse and carriage.
(d) She writes a letter to her father asking him to meet her.
5. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says virtue is of great importance.
(b) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
(c) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(d) He says virtue is more important than life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
2. After Mr. Williams apologizes to Pamela for disclosing their plans, who writes to him about Mr. B's plans to visit?
3. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
4. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
5. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)