|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
(a) He is tired of her hypocrisy.
(b) He will be marrying soon.
(c) She is too much trouble.
(d) She is telling lies on him.
2. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is obstinate.
(b) He is dishonest.
(c) He is insincere.
(d) He is manipulative.
3. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
(b) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(c) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(d) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He dismisses her.
(b) He threatens to dismiss her.
(c) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(d) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
5. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
2. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
3. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
4. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
5. When Mr. B arrives at Lincolnshire and ignores Pamela, what does Pamela worry about?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)