|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she is not interested in clothes
(b) Because she wants to save for the future.
(c) So she can go home.
(d) So she can send money for her parents.
2. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
(b) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(c) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(d) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
3. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(b) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(c) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(d) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
4. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The exchange of letters between the characters.
(b) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
(c) The relationships between different social classes.
(d) The many biblical allusions.
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(b) She agrees with their advice.
(c) She dismisses their advice.
(d) She promises to be careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 6, what tragedy befalls Mr. Williams?
2. After Pamela's failed attempt at escaping, what news of Mr. B causes her to worry about him?
3. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
4. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
5. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)