|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) Virtue Tested.
(b) Virtue Seduced.
(c) Or Virtue Rewarded.
(d) The Benefits of Virtue.
2. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
(a) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to ask him to help her.
(b) She meets Mr. Williams at the post office and describes her plight.
(c) She meets Mr. Williams at the church and seeks help.
(d) She hides a letter to Mr. Williams asking him to help her escape.
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Williams' house.
(b) At a farmhouse.
(c) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(d) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
4. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
(b) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
(c) To send back her letters.
(d) To pray for her.
5. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They mourn at her departure.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are happy to see her go.
(d) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
2. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
3. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
4. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
5. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)