|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
(a) He tells her he is sorry for his poor behavior.
(b) He writes begging Pamela to see him.
(c) He tells her to pay attention to the guidance of Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) He tells her to be careful of the clergyman.
2. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He considers it insincere.
(b) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(c) He considers it an obstacle.
(d) He respects it.
3. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(c) He threatens to send her home.
(d) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
4. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) Mr. B.
(d) Her father.
5. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To provide her with security.
(b) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(c) To end his responsibility for her.
(d) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
2. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
3. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
4. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
5. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)