|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) A job in his sister's house.
(b) To pay her way home.
(c) Four guineas.
2. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) Virtue Tested.
(b) Virtue Seduced.
(c) Or Virtue Rewarded.
(d) The Benefits of Virtue.
3. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(b) She agrees with their advice.
(c) She promises to be careful.
(d) She dismisses their advice.
4. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
(b) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
(c) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
(d) He says she has already left for home.
5. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(c) Novel of manners.
(d) Coming of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
2. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
4. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
5. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)