|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His sister.
2. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) The Benefits of Virtue.
(b) Virtue Seduced.
(c) Virtue Tested.
(d) Or Virtue Rewarded.
3. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(b) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(c) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
4. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(b) At a farmhouse.
(c) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(d) At Williams' house.
5. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(b) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(c) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(d) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
2. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
3. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
4. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
5. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)