|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(b) Coming of age.
(c) Novel of manners.
2. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She promises to be careful.
(b) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(c) She dismisses their advice.
(d) She agrees with their advice.
3. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(c) To provide her with security.
(d) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
4. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
(a) She shrieks and faints then awakens to find Mr. B gone.
(b) She runs out of the house.
(c) She screams out for Mrs. Jervis to come.
(d) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes.
5. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The exchange of letters between the characters.
(b) The relationships between different social classes.
(c) The many biblical allusions.
(d) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
2. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
3. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
4. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
5. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)