|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
2. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He threatens to send her home.
(c) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(d) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
3. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(b) He says virtue is of great importance.
(c) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
(d) He says virtue is more important than life.
4. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she wants to save for the future.
(b) So she can send money for her parents.
(c) So she can go home.
(d) Because she is not interested in clothes
5. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
2. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
3. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
4. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
5. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)