|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He kisses and gropes her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He attacks her.
2. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
(a) She screams out for Mrs. Jervis to come.
(b) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) She runs out of the house.
(d) She shrieks and faints then awakens to find Mr. B gone.
3. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister-in-law.
4. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(b) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(c) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
(d) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
5. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
(a) She is telling lies on him.
(b) He will be marrying soon.
(c) He is tired of her hypocrisy.
(d) She is too much trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
2. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
3. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
4. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
5. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)