|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(b) He claims that they did not occur.
(c) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
(d) He denies that they were serious.
2. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(b) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
(c) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
(d) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
3. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She agrees with their advice.
(b) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(c) She dismisses their advice.
(d) She promises to be careful.
4. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister-in-law.
5. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She goes out of the house.
(b) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(c) She hides in a closet.
(d) She wears a disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
2. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
3. What is the alternative title of the novel?
4. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
5. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)