|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is dishonest.
(d) He is obstinate.
2. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Williams' house.
(c) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(d) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
3. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
(a) He moves her to another estate
(b) He dismisses her because she knows too much.
(c) He dismisses her because she threatens to reveal his actions.
(d) He dismisses her because she takes Pamela's side against him.
4. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He attacks her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
5. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She hides in a closet.
(b) She wears a disguise.
(c) She goes out of the house.
(d) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
2. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
3. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
4. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
5. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)