|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
2. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
(b) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(c) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(d) They want to tease and embarrass her.
3. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) Her father should come to take her.
(b) No one must accompany her.
(c) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
(d) She must be taken directly home.
4. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
(a) Jonathan the messenger who delivers her letters to her parents, is employed to Mr. B who has been reading them.
(b) Mrs. Jervis has been intercepting her letters for Mr. B.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
(d) Robin has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
5. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) Or Virtue Rewarded.
(b) The Benefits of Virtue.
(c) Virtue Tested.
(d) Virtue Seduced.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
2. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
3. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
4. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
5. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)