|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
(a) He offers her new clothes.
(b) He offers her a holiday.
(c) He offers her money.
(d) He promises to give her a higher place in the household.
2. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(b) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(c) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(d) She mocks her simplicity.
3. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(b) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(d) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
4. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
(a) He moves her to another estate
(b) He dismisses her because she takes Pamela's side against him.
(c) He dismisses her because she threatens to reveal his actions.
(d) He dismisses her because she knows too much.
5. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The seventeenth.
(b) The nineteenth.
(c) The eighteenth.
(d) The sixteenth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
2. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
3. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
5. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)