|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
(b) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
(c) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(d) They advise her to come home.
2. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
(b) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(c) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(d) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
3. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is dishonest.
(d) He is obstinate.
4. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
(b) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
(c) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(d) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
5. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(b) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(c) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(d) By having Lady Danvers join him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
2. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
3. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
4. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
5. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)