|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Section 1, Pamela is established as the main character pursuing a goal and Mr. B as the character who is presenting obstacles to her accomplishing her goal. Which of the following pair of words best describes these two roles?
(a) Lead Roles.
(b) Heroine and villain.
(c) Protagonist and villain.
(d) Protagonist and antagonist.
2. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(b) At a farmhouse.
(c) At Williams' house.
(d) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) Mr. B's advances.
(b) The death of Pamela's lady.
(c) The loss of Pamela's job.
(d) Mr. B's gift.
4. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) Her father should come to take her.
(b) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
(c) No one must accompany her.
(d) She must be taken directly home.
5. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He kisses and gropes her.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He beats her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
2. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
3. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
4. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)