|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(b) He praises her.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He calls her childish and simple.
2. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(b) They advise her to come home.
(c) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
(d) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
3. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
(a) She write to Mr. Longman.
(b) She identifies a sober clergyman whom she trusts to help her.
(c) She asks Mrs Jewkes to help her.
(d) She writes to Sir Simon.
4. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(b) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(c) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(d) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
5. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(b) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(c) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(d) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
2. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
3. In what century was "Pamela" written?
4. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
5. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)