|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He kisses and gropes her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He attacks her.
2. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(a) Coming of age.
(b) Novel of manners.
3. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She accepts and apologizes.
(b) She promises to think about it.
(c) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(d) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
4. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She promises to be careful.
(b) She dismisses their advice.
(c) She agrees with their advice.
(d) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
5. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She mocks her simplicity.
(b) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(c) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(d) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
2. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
3. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
4. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
5. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)