|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Section 1, Pamela is established as the main character pursuing a goal and Mr. B as the character who is presenting obstacles to her accomplishing her goal. Which of the following pair of words best describes these two roles?
(a) Protagonist and antagonist.
(b) Protagonist and villain.
(c) Heroine and villain.
(d) Lead Roles.
2. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His sister.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister-in-law.
3. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She hides in a closet.
(b) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(c) She wears a disguise.
(d) She goes out of the house.
4. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says virtue is more important than life.
(b) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(c) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
(d) He says virtue is of great importance.
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She dismisses their advice.
(b) She agrees with their advice.
(c) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(d) She promises to be careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
2. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
3. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
4. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
5. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)