|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) Or Virtue Rewarded.
(b) Virtue Seduced.
(c) The Benefits of Virtue.
(d) Virtue Tested.
2. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is obstinate.
(c) He is manipulative.
(d) He is dishonest.
3. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(b) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(c) He threatens to send her home.
(d) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
4. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) The death of Pamela's lady.
(b) Mr. B's advances.
(c) The loss of Pamela's job.
(d) Mr. B's gift.
5. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it an obstacle.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it insincere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
2. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
3. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
4. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
5. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)