|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(c) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(d) By having Lady Danvers join him.
2. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She mocks her simplicity.
(b) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(c) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(d) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
3. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
(b) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
(c) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(d) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
4. By the end of Section 1, Pamela is established as the main character pursuing a goal and Mr. B as the character who is presenting obstacles to her accomplishing her goal. Which of the following pair of words best describes these two roles?
(a) Protagonist and antagonist.
(b) Lead Roles.
(c) Protagonist and villain.
(d) Heroine and villain.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) Four guineas.
(b) To pay her way home.
(d) A job in his sister's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
2. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
3. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
4. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
5. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)