|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
(a) He says she has worn clothes without his permission.
(b) He says she has dressed up to attract men.
(c) He says she has lied about where she got her clothes.
(d) He says she is a hypocrite for wearing disguises to attract him while pretending to reject his advances.
2. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She goes out of the house.
(b) She wears a disguise.
(c) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(d) She hides in a closet.
3. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
(a) The offer of employment by Lady Danvers.
(b) His promise to keep her on as a maid.
(c) His threat to dismiss her.
(d) His attempt to kiss her.
4. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He considers it an obstacle.
(c) He considers it insincere.
(d) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
5. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(b) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(c) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(d) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
2. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
3. By the end of Section 1, Pamela is established as the main character pursuing a goal and Mr. B as the character who is presenting obstacles to her accomplishing her goal. Which of the following pair of words best describes these two roles?
4. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
5. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)