|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she is not interested in clothes
(b) Because she wants to save for the future.
(c) So she can go home.
(d) So she can send money for her parents.
2. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
3. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He considers it an obstacle.
(c) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(d) He considers it insincere.
4. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The relationships between different social classes.
(b) The many biblical allusions.
(c) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
(d) The exchange of letters between the characters.
5. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(b) They mourn at her departure.
(c) They are happy to see her go.
(d) They are indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
2. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
3. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
4. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
5. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)