|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(b) She agrees with their advice.
(c) She dismisses their advice.
(d) She promises to be careful.
2. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
(a) The offer of employment by Lady Danvers.
(b) His promise to keep her on as a maid.
(c) His attempt to kiss her.
(d) His threat to dismiss her.
3. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(b) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(c) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(d) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
4. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she is not interested in clothes
(b) So she can go home.
(c) Because she wants to save for the future.
(d) So she can send money for her parents.
5. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(b) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(c) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(d) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
2. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
3. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
4. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
5. What is the alternative title of the novel?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)