|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He threatens to send her home.
(c) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(d) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
2. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(b) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(c) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(d) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) The loss of Pamela's job.
(b) The death of Pamela's lady.
(c) Mr. B's gift.
(d) Mr. B's advances.
4. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) Virtue Seduced.
(b) The Benefits of Virtue.
(c) Virtue Tested.
(d) Or Virtue Rewarded.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) Four guineas.
(b) A job in his sister's house.
(d) To pay her way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
2. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
3. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
4. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
5. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)