|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He kisses and gropes her.
(d) He beats her.
2. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
(a) He is tired of her hypocrisy.
(b) She is telling lies on him.
(c) He will be marrying soon.
(d) She is too much trouble.
3. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They mourn at her departure.
(d) They are happy to see her go.
4. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(b) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(c) He praises her.
(d) He calls her childish and simple.
5. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
(b) He says virtue is of great importance.
(c) He says virtue is more important than life.
(d) He says her virtue is important to her future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
2. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
3. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
4. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
5. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)