|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He dismisses her.
(b) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(c) He threatens to dismiss her.
(d) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
2. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
(a) She has mixed feelings about him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is determined to take revenge.
(d) She wishes him well for his mother's sake.
3. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
(a) She shrieks and faints then awakens to find Mr. B gone.
(b) She screams out for Mrs. Jervis to come.
(c) She runs out of the house.
(d) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes.
4. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He considers it an obstacle.
(b) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(c) He considers it insincere.
(d) He respects it.
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She promises to be careful.
(b) She dismisses their advice.
(c) She agrees with their advice.
(d) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
2. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
3. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
4. What is the alternative title of the novel?
5. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)