|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(a) Coming of age.
(d) Novel of manners.
2. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The relationships between different social classes.
(b) The exchange of letters between the characters.
(c) The many biblical allusions.
(d) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
3. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He considers it insincere.
(b) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it an obstacle.
4. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of lying.
(b) Of neglecting her duties.
(c) Of being useless and artful.
(d) Of stealing.
5. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She promises to think about it.
(b) She accepts and apologizes.
(c) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(d) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
2. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
3. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
4. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
5. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)