|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(b) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(c) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(d) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
2. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
(a) His promise to keep her on as a maid.
(b) The offer of employment by Lady Danvers.
(c) His attempt to kiss her.
(d) His threat to dismiss her.
3. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He respects it.
(c) He considers it an obstacle.
(d) He considers it insincere.
4. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(b) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(c) She mocks her simplicity.
(d) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
5. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(c) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
2. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
3. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
5. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)