|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(b) He says virtue is more important than life.
(c) He says virtue is of great importance.
(d) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
2. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(b) He praises her.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He calls her childish and simple.
3. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it insincere.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it an obstacle.
4. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
5. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(b) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
(c) She promises to think about it.
(d) She accepts and apologizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
2. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
3. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
4. What is the alternative title of the novel?
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)