|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The relationships between different social classes.
(b) The exchange of letters between the characters.
(c) The many biblical allusions.
(d) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
2. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The seventeenth.
(b) The sixteenth.
(c) The nineteenth.
(d) The eighteenth.
3. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(b) He praises her.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He calls her childish and simple.
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
(b) He threatens to send her home.
(c) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(d) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
5. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She promises to be careful.
(b) She dismisses their advice.
(c) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(d) She agrees with their advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
2. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
3. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
4. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
5. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)