|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(b) She mocks her simplicity.
(c) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
(d) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
2. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The eighteenth.
(b) The seventeenth.
(c) The nineteenth.
(d) The sixteenth.
3. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His sister.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His cousin.
4. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(c) He considers it an obstacle.
(d) He considers it insincere.
5. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(b) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(c) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(d) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
2. What is the alternative title of the novel?
3. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
4. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
5. By the end of Section 1, Pamela is established as the main character pursuing a goal and Mr. B as the character who is presenting obstacles to her accomplishing her goal. Which of the following pair of words best describes these two roles?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)