|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
(a) He dismisses her because she threatens to reveal his actions.
(b) He moves her to another estate
(c) He dismisses her because she takes Pamela's side against him.
(d) He dismisses her because she knows too much.
2. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(b) Coming of age.
(d) Novel of manners.
3. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The relationships between different social classes.
(b) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
(c) The many biblical allusions.
(d) The exchange of letters between the characters.
4. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Lady Davers.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
5. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(c) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
2. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
3. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
4. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
5. What is the alternative title of the novel?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)