|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(b) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(c) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(d) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
2. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says virtue is of great importance.
(b) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
(c) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(d) He says virtue is more important than life.
3. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She accepts and apologizes.
(b) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(c) She promises to think about it.
(d) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
4. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
(b) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(c) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(d) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
5. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(b) She hides in a closet.
(c) She wears a disguise.
(d) She goes out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
2. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
3. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
4. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
5. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)