Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(b) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(c) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
(d) They want to tease and embarrass her.
2. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
(a) She can be free of Mrs. Jewkes directions.
(b) He agrees to lessen her restraints and allow her to write to her parents as long as he can see the letters first.
(c) He agrees that she can contact Mr. Williams.
(d) She can go home as long as she returns once per month.
3. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
(a) They ask that the wedding be held at the church so more people can attend.
(b) They offer to prepare Pamela for her marriage.
(c) They ask to attend and to have a ball afterwards.
(d) They ask the couple to join them for drinks after the ceremony.
4. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
(a) He wants Pamela to give details about all the discussions between Pamela and Mr. Williams.
(b) He wants Pamela to have no contact with Mr. Williams.
(c) He wants an assurance that Mr. Williams had no encouragement from Pamela.
(d) He wants Pamela to write to the Church complaining about the actions of Mr. Williams.
5. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(b) They are happy to see her go.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They mourn at her departure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
2. Pamela's worries about Mr. B's safety and about what he might have heard from Mrs. Jewkes about Pamela, suggest that she has mixed feelings about Mr. B even though he has been so brutal to her; which of the following literary devices is exemplified in this situation?
3. Apart from the gentry and Mr. Andrews, which other person visits Mr. B and Pamela shortly before the wedding?
4. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
5. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)