Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 242-274.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
2. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She fears that she has feelings for him.
(b) She is annoyed with herself.
(c) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
(d) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
3. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
(a) That Lady Davers will be hostile to her.
(b) That Mr. B is simply trying another way to destroy her virtue.
(c) That people will be rude to Mr. B for marrying below his station.
(d) That Mr. B might turn against her once more.
4. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
(a) He tells Mrs. Jewkes everything that has passed between him and Pamela.
(b) He reveals everything to Mr. B.
(c) He reveals everything to the gentry.
(d) He reveals everything to Lady Davers.
5. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of being useless and artful.
(b) Of neglecting her duties.
(c) Of lying.
(d) Of stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
2. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
3. After returning to Mr. B at Lincolnshire, what happens when Pamela visits Mr. B at the beginning of Section 9?
4. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
5. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)